Windows 10: Wifi Disconnecting when downloading large files and randomly disconnecting when using the...

Discus and support Wifi Disconnecting when downloading large files and randomly disconnecting when using the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem has plagued me for the past 2 weeks as I have spent hours attempting to research and solve the problem. I purchased a new gaming laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UnbilledFan3011, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Wifi Disconnecting when downloading large files and randomly disconnecting when using the...

This problem has plagued me for the past 2 weeks as I have spent hours attempting to research and solve the problem. I purchased a new gaming laptop and there have been serious internet issues. Whenever I download any large files such as a game from Steam or GTA 5 from the rockstar launcher, the wifi will eventually cut out in a couple of minutes. This requires me to use the troubleshooter which usually says "the default gateway is unavailable" or something similar. Even when I am on youtube or browsing reddit, the internet will cut out randomly for a couple of seconds and then quickly return. The worst part is that somehow when the download speeds start declining and when the internet eventually disconnects, it causes the internet from my router to shut off as well. This turns off the internet in my phone/ other family members internet/ other computers which are also on the 5G wifi band. However, using 2.4ghz, I am pretty sure there are no problems but this is significantly slower and I obviously don't want to be limited to this. I even went to my neighbors house to see if the issue was just with my router but it is actually with the computer. Even with my neighbors 350/550 internet speeds, when the laptop is connected to the 5G network, the internet eventually cuts out when downloading a large file. I have seen the same exact issue described by others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nloading/82045e85-5873-4e75-9ca0-daf3d570d522 and https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ng-large/6b9e586d-e9b2-407d-b6ae-f6dda7dbe216 and especially https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...loading/4840ca7a-9a39-465f-b5cc-c56285382047#. But not a single one of those threads were able to solve the problem or atleast the solution was never posted. I have tried everything to fix the network adapter/ default gateway not available issue from uninstalling the adapter, updating the adapter, choosing a older driver, using "netsh int ip reset" and the cmd flush dns. I changed the power management settings and more. I just don't know what to do anymore.

:)

UnbilledFan3011, Feb 20, 2020

2. Windows randomly disconnects WiFi

Hello,

After installing 1903 update, my wifi randomly disconnects. I've to disconnect and reconnect wifi to make it work again.

Can anyone suggest some tips to solve this issue?

SourabhMhaisekar, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      Wifi Disconnecting when downloading large files and randomly disconnecting when using the... [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Feb 20, 2020
  4. 3870x2 Win User

Wifi Disconnecting when downloading large files and randomly disconnecting when using the...

Raid-0 Randomly Disconnects

Asus maximus iii with PII 945
    Raid-0 configuration with 2x seagates

The hard drives will randomly disconnect and reconnect. This is a huge problem when playing a game and it suddenly errors out because the hard drive will disconnect, then immediately reconnect.

I am going out to get some better SATA cables (these are questionable).

Any ideas why this would happen?

3870x2, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Disconnecting when downloading large files and randomly disconnecting when using the...

1. Wifi Disconnecting when downloading large files and randomly disconnecting when using the... - Similar Threads - Wifi Disconnecting downloading

2. Wifi disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disconnecting randomly: Im connected to my wifi and i randomly disconnect, and cannot reconnect to my wifi for a couple of tries and its beyond annoying. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the wifi adapter drivers and it still continues to happen without fail. i do not know what to do and need help...
  3. Wifi disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnecting randomly: Im connected to my wifi and i randomly disconnect, and cannot reconnect to my wifi for a couple of tries and its beyond annoying. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the wifi adapter drivers and it still continues to happen without fail. i do not know what to do and need help...
  4. Wifi goes out/disconnects whenever downloading "large" files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi goes out/disconnects whenever downloading "large" files: Hey guys.Whenever I download large files such as games my internet disconnects, even though it does not say disconnected in the internet tray. It's happened to me multiple times if I'm downloading via Epic Games, Steam, or just Chrome. The only change I've made is disabling...
  5. Wifi goes out/disconnects whenever downloading "large" files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi goes out/disconnects whenever downloading "large" files: Hey guys.Whenever I download large files such as games my internet disconnects, even though it does not say disconnected in the internet tray. It's happened to me multiple times if I'm downloading via Epic Games, Steam, or just Chrome. The only change I've made is disabling...
  6. Wifi goes out/disconnects whenever downloading "large" files

7. Wifi Disconnection when gaming

Wifi Disconnection when gaming: Recently my wifi turned off whenver I physically moved it which I fixed with the help of master samurai but recently whenver I try play a game such as league or valorant my wifi drops and only way I can fix this is by reinstalling drivers I have been in like 3 penalties so...
  8. Random wifi disconnections

Random wifi disconnections: I'm having a problem after an update some months ago. My pc keeps disconnecting from the wifi. I try the troubleshooting solution, but the fix is only temporary. It may be disconnected in a few minutes or in the next hours. I use a TP link wifi adapter. Any ideas? Thanks...
  9. WIFI DISCONNECT WHEN IN CHARGE

WIFI DISCONNECT WHEN IN CHARGE: Why when I plug in the charger to the computer, the wifi is not running normally, the wifi is disconnected, the wifi driver has problems and the connection is lost. When I unplugged the charger, my wifi runs normally uninterrupted and can play online games. I have tried...
  10. WiFi randomly disconnects.

WiFi randomly disconnects.: I have recently reset my PC by pressing shift while restarting and updated my drivers a few days ago. When I open games that require WiFi constantly it disconnects me from the game instantly but not the WiFi and when i use programs like discord my ping will suddenly be very...