Windows 10: Wifi Disconnection when gaming

Discus and support Wifi Disconnection when gaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently my wifi turned off whenver I physically moved it which I fixed with the help of master samurai but recently whenver I try play a game such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SilverV4, Jan 18, 2021.

1. SilverV4 Win User

Wifi Disconnection when gaming

Recently my wifi turned off whenver I physically moved it which I fixed with the help of master samurai but recently whenver I try play a game such as league or valorant my wifi drops and only way I can fix this is by reinstalling drivers I have been in like 3 penalties so far. Anyone know a fix?

:)

SilverV4, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

3. WiFi disconnecting when I open online games

A possible cause why your WiFi disconnects whenever you play online games could be an outdated WiFi adapter driver. We suggest that you download and install the latest WiFi adapter driver from the manufacturer's website and see if it helps. After ensuring
    that the correct driver is installed, check if the device is recognized in the Device Manager.

Do update us on how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Wifi Disconnection when gaming

Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      Wifi Disconnection when gaming [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Wifi Disconnection when gaming

1. Wifi Disconnection when gaming - Similar Threads - Wifi Disconnection gaming

2. Wifi Disconnects only when playing any games..!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Disconnects only when playing any games..!: I use Asus Tuf A15 AMD Ryzen 5 4600H 3GHz Turbo up to 4GHzNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR6 4GB.RAM. 8GB DDR4.512GB PCIE SSD.When I normally browse or do my normal work the wifi driver and adapter work perfectly but when I start to play normal game like Csgo or valorant the wifi...
  3. Wifi Disconnection problem When moved

Wifi Disconnection problem When moved: I have an Asus TUF FX505DT and Its wifi constantly turns off whenever I physically move the laptop. Only way I can fix this temporary is when I reinstall the drivers or WiFi reset. This sometimes takes me multpile Wifi resets to actually get it working and each reset is 5...
  4. Wifi disconnect while online gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi disconnect while online gaming: I have been observing wifi adapter getting crashed whenever I start a online game(apex legends). At first it happened like once or twice so I didn't bother much but now its just continuously happening. I reinstall the adapter and again the same problem. First one hour is just...
  5. My wifi disconnects when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi disconnects when playing certain games.: I have no clue when it started happening. Whenever I play certain games on my laptop like lets say fortnite, rainbow six siege, valorant, etc. My wifi suddenly disconnects after being in the game for about 5 minutes. I have no clue why. However if I play minecraft or Among...
  6. WIFI DISCONNECT WHEN IN CHARGE

WIFI DISCONNECT WHEN IN CHARGE: Why when I plug in the charger to the computer, the wifi is not running normally, the wifi is disconnected, the wifi driver has problems and the connection is lost. When I unplugged the charger, my wifi runs normally uninterrupted and can play online games. I have tried...
  7. Wifi not working when VPN disconnected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi not working when VPN disconnected: Hey Guys, I was using windscribe but whenever it is disconnected, my wifi wont work for some reason. I have tried uninstalling the software, resetting network settings via windows setting but no avail I also noticed that if I am connected to my 5Ghz wifi and VPN, It wont...
  8. Wifi disconnects when plugged in but not on battery

Wifi disconnects when plugged in but not on battery: I can connect my laptop to the router with a cable and there are no problems. If I use WiFi there are sometimes drops. I run the troubleshooter and that will fix it for a while. If my laptop was plugged in to battery, I can unplug it and the problem goes away. I have two...
  9. When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects

When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects: Thank you for taking a look at my thread.. This has never been an issue that I am aware of.... but... when I connect my VPN my wifi seems to disconnect. When I disconnect VPN the Wifi resumes. My settings haven't changed and its always been fine. Now I see that if I enter...
  10. Disconnecting from Wifi when online gaming

Disconnecting from Wifi when online gaming: On ethernet or wifi, my internet on my computer disconnects when I'm playing an online game or sometimes watching a twitch stream. A yellow triangle appears in the bottom right and it says No internet access. I've already resetted my pc, reinstalled windows, updated bios and...