Windows 10: WiFi disconnects after updating Windows

Discus and support WiFi disconnects after updating Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I upgraded my version of Windows 7 to Windows 10 on release day. After about a month or two of using it I completely disabled Windows Update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by springjo, Nov 10, 2020.

1. springjo Win User

WiFi disconnects after updating Windows

Hi

I upgraded my version of Windows 7 to Windows 10 on release day. After about a month or two of using it I completely disabled Windows Update and never had a problem with anything until recently which required me to update Windows. I updated it, and now about 30-60 seconds after turning my PC on my WiFi disconnects.

No other device has this problem on my network. It is definitely not my router or a problem with my WiFi adapter as I've tested with another computer and this does not happen. It was definitely caused by Windows Update I didn't have system restore enabled and now I can't roll back to my previous version of Windows.

I've looked it up and found other people also had this problem when updating Windows in October but I couldn't find a solution.

In event viewer I see lots of

"Name resolution for the name [x] timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." the [x] being plenty of different things.

I've tried many 'fixes' from people with these same event viewer logs and nothing has worked.

It started off just being the single disconnect after turning my PC on which I'd fix by manually disconnecting and reconnecting to my WiFi. This would mean I wouldn't disconnect again until I restarted. But, after trying a few of these supposed fixes, the disconnects are more regular than just once after logging on.

Please, how do I fix this?

:)

springjo, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

3. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      WiFi disconnects after updating Windows [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Nov 10, 2020
  4. WiFi disconnects after updating Windows

WIFI disconnecting

My Wifi is on, but my laptop keeps disconnecting from my wifi. also, when my laptop goes to sleep and then wakeup the wifi does not even show the list of available networks. So after switching on the airplane mode and then turning it back off, the wifi
    networks are listed but either it does not connect to my network or if it does, it gets disconnected as soon as I open any tab .
    I have tried troubleshooting, reinstalling wifi drivers, but nothing seems to fix it.
    This started after windows updated a few weeks back.
    please help

RajatBhatnagar, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

WiFi disconnects after updating Windows

1. WiFi disconnects after updating Windows - Similar Threads - WiFi disconnects updating

2. WIFI keeps disconnecting itself after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI keeps disconnecting itself after windows update: I never get into this trouble before, my home wifi is usually just fine. But after I updated my windows 11 recently, it kept disconnecting itself. So I tried to forget the network and reconnect. But now it always asks for the password despite never being changed.Now I need to...
  3. WIFI keeps disconnecting itself after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI keeps disconnecting itself after windows update: I never get into this trouble before, my home wifi is usually just fine. But after I updated my windows 11 recently, it kept disconnecting itself. So I tried to forget the network and reconnect. But now it always asks for the password despite never being changed.Now I need to...
  4. Wifi keeps disconnecting after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps disconnecting after updating windows 10: Hello guys,I have a trouble connecting to wifi from my ASUS laptop after updating to windows 10, the previous version is windows 8. The wifi automatically disconnects between 10-20 minutes after windows start, and not able to connect any networks in the list once...
  5. Wifi keeps disconnecting after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keeps disconnecting after updating windows 10: Hello guys,I have a trouble connecting to wifi from my ASUS laptop after updating to windows 10, the previous version is windows 8. The wifi automatically disconnects between 10-20 minutes after windows start, and not able to connect any networks in the list once...
  6. Wifi keeps disconnecting after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. wifi disconnection after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi disconnection after update: After the latest update, my WIFI keeps disconnecting everytime I play any online games. After disconnection, I can't connect back, a restart or two is needed before reconnection is possible. During browsing and other online activities its working fine....
  8. WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update: I noticed there was an update this morning on my month old gaming laptop and I restarted the laptop. Since restart, my internet has been disconnecting and reconnecting about every 30-40 seconds and there are multiple event logs with the code 7021 - connection telemetry fields...
  9. Frequent daily wifi disconnects after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frequent daily wifi disconnects after Windows update: Good Evening, My name is Karen and over the last couple of months, the wifi on my desktop computer suddenly disconnects with increasing frequency. I may be connected for a few hours, a few minutes, or a few seconds, there is no discernible pattern. The issue is not with...
  10. WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update: Hello, I have an interesting problem that I need help solving. The short of it is that at random times my home WIFI disappears. Like, if you look at the available other networks, it is not there. It would appear again after a few seconds to a few minutes. This happens a few...