Windows 10: Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode

Discus and support Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows !0 now loses its connection to my wifi router after going to sleep. I then have to go through a "Disconnect/Connect" step to reconnect. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HandyHankster, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode

Windows !0 now loses its connection to my wifi router after going to sleep. I then have to go through a "Disconnect/Connect" step to reconnect. Is there a bug in my version(Vers. 1809)?

:)

HandyHankster, Apr 8, 2019
  2. KevDawgHR Win User

Not Awakening from Sleep Mode

My windows 10 computer will not awaken from sleep mode-any suggestions?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

KevDawgHR, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 wifi connects only after sleep mode awakening

I have a specific problem. After installing Windows 10 when I start my laptop wifi adapter finds networks but despite this it won't connect to any of found with "can't connect to this network" error. Solution is to go into sleep mode and awake laptop.
    So instead of one step - to start Windows, I need to do 3 steps - to start windows, to sleep it and then to wake it. So it can hardly be called a solution.

P.S. Everything worked fine on Windows 7.

Alexander Joya, Apr 8, 2019
  4. edreded Win User

Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode

Win 10: WiFi disconnecting in sleep mode

This thread is prematurely closed for replies. I have same problem as mentioned.

Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi when copying files?

Tried unticking "Allow the computer to turn off ......" in WiFi Adapter Power Management. But no effect. WiFi still drops when computer sleeps.

This was experienced with Win 10 1709 update. So the problem continues and is not closed.

edreded, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode

1. Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode - Similar Threads - Wifi disconnects awakening

2. Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode: I checked the check box 'Connect Automatically' , but after restarting, wake up from sleeping mode it won't connected. Instead showing a message 'Action Needed' below the SSID. So we must click connect to connect wifi....
  3. Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet: How do I prevent windows 10 from disconnecting my pc when it goes to sleep. see settings below [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-prevent-sleep-mode-from-disconnecting/37583727-30ea-4138-8444-721c1e7bc79e
  4. WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode

WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode: Hello, We have one PC in our office that has the very irritating habit of dropping its WiFi connection every time it is woken up out of sleep mode. So each time on wake up we have to click the "Disconnect" button on our Wifi connection and then the "Connect" button. It's...
  5. Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode: Hello guys, I have a PPPoE connection and each time PC comes back from sleep mode, it's disconnected. I disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from the network adapter, the problem persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  6. Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode: Hello guys, I have a PPPoE connection and each time PC comes back from sleep mode, it's disconnected. I disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from the network adapter, the problem persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 129987
  7. Windows 10 frequently disconnects from WIFI

Windows 10 frequently disconnects from WIFI: I am experiencing frequent WIFI disconnection after a recent Window10 update. I’ve taken the following actions and none helps: Followed all MS technical advices https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues Updated the wireless...
  8. Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

Sleep mode awakening with blank screen: After updating my Windows 10 to 1809, if I leave for a few minutes it goes into sleep mode and on awakening the CPU restarts with blank screen. I have to restart to have a display. I reversed to earlier version 1803 and it works fine. Any solution to update to 1809? Please...
  9. Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?: When I take a break from the computer, I click on my Sleep taskbar icon. I guess in my safety paranoiac state, I set things up so that when I awaken the computer, I have to put in my master PW. This has become a PITA and I was wondering if one can set the timing such that the...
  10. hp pavilion not awakening from sleep after upgrading to windowsm10

hp pavilion not awakening from sleep after upgrading to windowsm10: my hp pavilion is not awakening from sleep and cannot shut down completely(.i.e fan and power light is still on after shut down)... after upgrating to windows 10.please help 11189

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disconnect wifi on sleep