Windows 10: WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

Discus and support WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Sometimes when I put my laptop in sleep mode and after I wake it up, it automatically disconnects from WiFi and I can no longer see the WiFi icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Julio MarioV, Nov 24, 2022.

1. WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

Sometimes when I put my laptop in sleep mode and after I wake it up, it automatically disconnects from WiFi and I can no longer see the WiFi icon anywhere to connect again to any network. So, I have to restart my laptop to be able to connect again to WiFi, but if I put it in sleep mode again, the issue persists. How do I fix this annoying problem permanently?Laptop information: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language 64-bit.

:)

Julio MarioV, Nov 24, 2022
  2. kentosan Win User

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Thanks for replying.

@spirit MS MVP - This is the reason wifi is disabled when the computer goes into sleep mode. When I untick the "Allow computer to turn off the device to save power" and place the computer into sleep mode, the wifi adapter disappears. If i recheck it, and
    put the computer to sleep, the wifi adapter does not get uninstalled.

@Andre - First solution does not work because the adapter does not exist and is not listed in the Device Manager.

Second solution doesnt work because the adapter is not listed in Troubleshooting. I tried troubleshooting all adapters and nothing was returned.

Third solution again does not work because the adapter is not there to uninstall.

The wireless driver/adapter disappears after restarting from sleep mode when the adapter's ""Allow computer to turn off device to save power" setting is unchecked.

kentosan, Nov 24, 2022
  3. WIFI disconnecting

My Wifi is on, but my laptop keeps disconnecting from my wifi. also, when my laptop goes to sleep and then wakeup the wifi does not even show the list of available networks. So after switching on the airplane mode and then turning it back off, the wifi
    networks are listed but either it does not connect to my network or if it does, it gets disconnected as soon as I open any tab .
    I have tried troubleshooting, reinstalling wifi drivers, but nothing seems to fix it.
    This started after windows updated a few weeks back.
    please help

RajatBhatnagar, Nov 24, 2022
  4. edreded Win User

WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

Win 10: WiFi disconnecting in sleep mode

This thread is prematurely closed for replies. I have same problem as mentioned.

Redirecting

Tried unticking "Allow the computer to turn off ......" in WiFi Adapter Power Management. But no effect. WiFi still drops when computer sleeps.

This was experienced with Win 10 1709 update. So the problem continues and is not closed.

edreded, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

1. WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode. - Similar Threads - WiFi disconnects disappears

2. WiFi disconnected/disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi disconnected/disappearing: Hey guys,So most importantly, when running Linux, my Wifi network is ALWAYS visible and NEVER disconnects.Now, in Windows 10 my 5Ghz SSID regularly disappears, leaving me connected to the incredibly slow 2.4Ghz. It completely disappears from the list of SSIDs, and will...
  3. WiFi disconnected/disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi disconnected/disappearing: Hey guys,So most importantly, when running Linux, my Wifi network is ALWAYS visible and NEVER disconnects.Now, in Windows 10 my 5Ghz SSID regularly disappears, leaving me connected to the incredibly slow 2.4Ghz. It completely disappears from the list of SSIDs, and will...
  4. WiFi disconnected/disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.: Sometimes when I put my laptop in sleep mode and after I wake it up, it automatically disconnects from WiFi and I can no longer see the WiFi icon anywhere to connect again to any network. So, I have to restart my laptop to be able to connect again to WiFi, but if I put it in...
  6. Wifi keeps disconnecting after waking PC from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps disconnecting after waking PC from sleep mode.: Hi, every so often, my PC will experience this issue were it won't detect my wifi. The only solution to this issue so far has been to reset my modem, which can be difficult due to the positioning of it. I know this issue has to do with my PC as no other devices in the house...
  7. Wifi keeps disconnecting after waking PC from sleep mode.

Wifi keeps disconnecting after waking PC from sleep mode.: Hi, every so often, my PC will experience this issue were it won't detect my wifi. The only solution to this issue so far has been to reset my modem, which can be difficult due to the positioning of it. I know this issue has to do with my PC as no other devices in the house...
  8. wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode

wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode: I recently bought 14-dv0054TU HP laptop with ms windows 10 home and its wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode. I could not find any setting to make it configure to enable always. Is there any?...
  9. computer disconnects from wifi in sleep mode

computer disconnects from wifi in sleep mode: my laptop disconnects from the wi fi in sleep mode, I turned off powersave. still disconnects. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-disconnects-from-wifi-in-sleep-mode/9a44da1f-d8c6-4b74-90f0-5c7e2aacf041
  10. Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep

Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep: My wifi was working fine recently, I had no power supply so it was running low on battery. Right around when the battery was around 10-20%, I decided to put it on sleep for a few hours until I get power supply. So after a few hours, I opened the system and the wifi was gone....