Windows 10: Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect

Discus and support Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Because of the low Wi-Fi bandwidth and with full bars in the start screen, the Wi-Fi disconnects the network. After several minutes without an internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Evan Lei, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Evan Lei Win User

Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect

Because of the low Wi-Fi bandwidth and with full bars in the start screen, the Wi-Fi disconnects the network. After several minutes without an internet connection, it doesn't automatically reconnect. The Wi-Fi that I connected were checked that automatically reconnect after a disconnection.

:)

Evan Lei, Feb 8, 2021

2. Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

Wondering what (if anything) this was about: WiFi disconnected on wife's computer.

1. Checked, WiFi itself working.
    2. Ran Network Trouble Shooter, which usually fixes such problems; failed.
    3. Ran Hardware Trouble Shooter, nothing found.
    4. Checked Wireless Card in Device Manager; indicated as working properly.
    5. Restarted computer; still no WiFi.
    6. Although Notification icon was black, clicked on it to see if anything there, found that the WiFi network was "Secured." Clicked on that, saw that it was set to connect automatically, clicked on that, failed. Tried once more, failed, so deselected automatic connection, clicked again, and WiFi was reconnect instantaneously.

I think that that covers most, if not all of the steps I took to fix the problem. Any idea as to what caused this, and as to why non-automatic reconnect worked without even asking for the router's password?

Not Myself, Feb 8, 2021
  3. EvanLin5 Win User
    Wifi reconnecting issues

My wifi sometimes randomly disconnects even though I set it to automatically reconnect. When this happens, the wifi symbol on the task bar shows that I'm still connected to something even though when I open it, I have an option to connect to my router.
    It seems to be disconnecting from my usual router and connecting to something not shown on the wifi list.

EvanLin5, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

No idea what caused it, I too have once in a blue moon been 'secured' but no internet. Disconnect and reconnect is the usual fix.

As to the password, if you have ever connected successfully in the past and had ticked 'automatically connect' then Windows would have remembered the connection and its password. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi and click 'Manage known networks' to see the list of stored connections. Click on one and you can 'Forget' it - then you'll be asked for a password next time you connect.

Bree, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect - Similar Threads - Wifi disconnects doesn't

2. wifi disconnects on its own and doesn't reconnect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi disconnects on its own and doesn't reconnect: my wifi seems to automatically disconnect mainly when watching online videos and then also randomly when I'm not even on my laptop or just searching for info. I've tried a few tips which seem to have not done much except now it reconnects on its own after a few secondsI turn...
  3. wifi disconnects on its own and doesn't reconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi disconnects on its own and doesn't reconnect: my wifi seems to automatically disconnect mainly when watching online videos and then also randomly when I'm not even on my laptop or just searching for info. I've tried a few tips which seem to have not done much except now it reconnects on its own after a few secondsI turn...
  4. wifi disconnects on its own and doesn't reconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio Disconnects But Doesn't Reconnect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Disconnects But Doesn't Reconnect?: To start, my headset has a problem where if the cord is even slightly tugged on, its audio goes out. When tested on a laptop the audio goes out for about a second but then comes back on. On my PC, however, the audio goes out and does not come back on. I can disable and...
  6. Audio Disconnects But Doesn't Reconnect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Disconnects But Doesn't Reconnect?: To start, my headset has a problem where if the cord is even slightly tugged on, its audio goes out. When tested on a laptop the audio goes out for about a second but then comes back on. On my PC, however, the audio goes out and does not come back on. I can disable and...
  7. Audio Disconnects But Doesn't Reconnect?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Disconnect Issues - Automatically Reconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disconnect Issues - Automatically Reconnects: These are the errors I'm receiving when in the middle of a netflix movie or youtube video.. Computer is brand new <2 months old. The description for Event ID 27 from source e1dexpress cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your...
  9. Automatic reconnecting to wifi

Automatic reconnecting to wifi: I'm sort of new to Windows. Recently bought a Dell Xps with Windows 10. I can start the internet connection by clicking on the 1/4 fan shaped icon on the lower right of my screen. I can select a wifi connection and connect, no problem. There's a box that will...
  10. My Wifi disconnect during sleep and doesn't automatically reconnect after wakeup

My Wifi disconnect during sleep and doesn't automatically reconnect after wakeup: Hello All, My internet keeps on disconnecting whenever my laptop is locked or goes into sleep. Even afte wake up, it still shows as connected but no internet. So, I have to manually disconnect and reconnnect everytime. It's so irritating, can somebody please help? Thank you...