Windows 10: WiFi Disconnects Automatically After Some Time

Discus and support WiFi Disconnects Automatically After Some Time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My WiFi automatically disconnects after 2-3 hrs of continuous use and after that I am not able see that wifi name in wifi list and I have to restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tuhin Grz, May 4, 2020.

1. Tuhin Grz Win User

WiFi Disconnects Automatically After Some Time

My WiFi automatically disconnects after 2-3 hrs of continuous use and after that I am not able see that wifi name in wifi list and I have to restart my laptop to get it connected again but sometimes even after doing it, it didn't connect. I have even done troubleshooting and flushing dns and all cmd stuff but still it didn't work. I have even done Network reset and done reinstalling of drivers and even install old drivers and to check if the problem persist but still the result is same. I have even bought a new WiFi adapter to check if the problems is with the hardware but there also the same thing was happening. I don't have this problem when I am using Ubuntu. So, I can clearly see that it's a Windows problem. Can It be fixed???

:)

Tuhin Grz, May 4, 2020

2. Wifi disconnected

When My phone is within the wifi zone, it automatically disconnected with wifi after some time, all the time I have to restart the phone.

suggest the remedy.

Nimish Mehta

NimishMehta, May 4, 2020
  3. Anak Win User
    my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, May 4, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. WiFi Disconnects Automatically After Some Time - Similar Threads - WiFi Disconnects Automatically

2. Wifi disconnecting after some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnecting after some time: Hello, after using my new laptop with windows 11 on it, everything was working fine until after some time i started getting my wifi disconnected just by itself, and when i want to connect it back, there is no wifi button completely, and if i try to reconnect to the wifi in...
  3. Wifi disconnecting after some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disconnecting after some time: Hello, after using my new laptop with windows 11 on it, everything was working fine until after some time i started getting my wifi disconnected just by itself, and when i want to connect it back, there is no wifi button completely, and if i try to reconnect to the wifi in...
  4. Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time

Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time: My WiFi automatically disconnects after 2-3 hrs of continuous use and after that I am not able see that wifi name in wifi list and I have to restart my laptop to get it connected again but sometimes even after doing it, it didn't connect. I have even done troubleshooting and...
  5. Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time: My WiFi automatically disconnects after 2-3 hrs of continuous use and after that I am not able see that wifi name in wifi list and I have to restart my laptop to get it connected again but sometimes even after doing it, it didn't connect. I have even done troubleshooting and...
  6. Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Wifi disconnect automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnect automatically.: When I open the mentioned games above It runs smoothly for 5 mins to 10 mins and then Game gets glitched and makes the Internet disconnected. First of all my drivers and Window is up-to-date. It is happening only with game....
  8. Wifi disconnect automatically.

Wifi disconnect automatically.: When I open the mentioned games above It runs smoothly for 5 mins to 10 mins and then Game gets glitched and makes the Internet disconnected. First of all my drivers and Window is up-to-date. It is happening only with game....
  9. Windows disconnecting from WiFi after some time

Windows disconnecting from WiFi after some time: The title is pretty self explanatory. After about an hour of using a certain WiFi network, my PC can't connect to anything, and I have to reboot. I checked it with Avast, and there's a negative....
  10. Wifi disconnects automatically

Wifi disconnects automatically: My Wifi disconnects frequently with no clear notification. It just disconnects and restores in a few seconds. I tried a few tricks from internet, including: Turn off power management for network adapter (even I'm not on battery) Reset network (from Control Panel) Delete the...