Windows 10: Wifi disconnects everytime I turn on my pc

Discus and support Wifi disconnects everytime I turn on my pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, So my situation is when I turn on my pc every device connected gets disconnected including the pc too. Eventually it does reconnect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rodmarcel, Jun 26, 2020.

1. rodmarcel Win User

Wifi disconnects everytime I turn on my pc

Hi,

So my situation is when I turn on my pc every device connected gets disconnected including the pc too. Eventually it does reconnect to the internet after 30 mins delay or so and I can't have this since I'm working and also I might disrupt everyone else's business while they're at it. Here is what I've done.

IP Addressing is set to DHCP

Changed ISP just for the sake of clearing this problem but now I know that my pc is the problem

This started in March actually and I've been dealing with the same problem since then. If anyone experienced a problem can you please help a guy out? Thanks.

:)

rodmarcel, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

3. Try3 Win User
    WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. nava Win User

Wifi intermittently disconnects, i turn it off and on and it connects

dell xps 13 9703n8th gen cpu 16gb ram

i have tried your suggestion and i am still having problems. do you think my isp is throttling me? i have comcast and stream xfinity tv basicallty 247

Thema:

1. Wifi disconnects everytime I turn on my pc - Similar Threads - Wifi disconnects everytime

2. My PC stops WIFI working for the rest of the house everytime i turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC stops WIFI working for the rest of the house everytime i turn it on: Everytime i turn on my pc it takes wifi from every other device in the house. Nothing else works when it is turned on and i dont know why. I have fibre broadband and dont know why nothing else works when i turn it on. Only the pc works when its on, its literally wireless...
  3. My PC stops WIFI working for the rest of the house everytime i turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC stops WIFI working for the rest of the house everytime i turn it on: Everytime i turn on my pc it takes wifi from every other device in the house. Nothing else works when it is turned on and i dont know why. I have fibre broadband and dont know why nothing else works when i turn it on. Only the pc works when its on, its literally wireless...
  4. My pc keeps disconnecting from wifi. I turn it on and it connects but minutes later it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps disconnecting from wifi. I turn it on and it connects but minutes later it...: This happens everytime i try to do something that needs wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi-i-turn-it-on/edf9f2c9-7186-487f-b309-923f04edb5da
  5. My pc keeps disconnecting from wifi. I turn it on and it connects but minutes later it...

My pc keeps disconnecting from wifi. I turn it on and it connects but minutes later it...: This happens everytime i try to do something that needs wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi-i-turn-it-on/edf9f2c9-7186-487f-b309-923f04edb5da
  6. When I leave my PC physically, the USB's disconnects. Everytime. Why??

When I leave my PC physically, the USB's disconnects. Everytime. Why??: I have a mysterious PC issue witch I can't fint any answer to anywhere on the internet. ISSUE: When I leave my PC physically, the USB's disconnects. Everytime. Theres the USB disconnects sound. Theres no webcam on the PC, so I don't know how it knows that I'm leaving. It's...
  7. Everytime i turn off my pc, my data is reset.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everytime i turn off my pc, my data is reset.: my steam games remain but discord is uninstalled and i have to go through the windows introduction phase again. It's very frustrating as this has happened multiple times now and i havent seen a fix....
  8. My wifi is not working. It disconnect within 5 min everytime when i connect to it.

My wifi is not working. It disconnect within 5 min everytime when i connect to it.: Hello everyone i am having a serious issue with my wireless network connection. It disconnect within 5min and when i reconnect it back it can not connect and show the error that can't connect to this network. I tried every solution that i got like unchecking the power...
  9. My computer keeps disconnecting from WiFi everytime I download

My computer keeps disconnecting from WiFi everytime I download: So I've been trying to download a total of 6 .rar files around 3gb each from a Google Drive with no success at all. Every time I try, my laptop disconnects from WiFi. I've been trying for a couple of days with the same outcome every time. It does not even reach the 1gb mark....
  10. Boot loop - Everytime i turn on pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot loop - Everytime i turn on pc: Everytime i turn on pc i get boot loop saying choose and option ive tried start up repair and it doesnt work i tried system restore also doesnt work it says to use system restore you must specify which windows installation to restore[IMG]...