Windows 10: WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect

Discus and support WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I'm a college kid who has been having major issues with my laptop, I'm desperate for some help. The problems: My Wifi cuts out at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by collegekidhelp, Apr 3, 2017.

1. WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect

Hey everyone,

I'm a college kid who has been having major issues with my laptop, I'm desperate for some help.

The problems:
    My Wifi cuts out at random, and after that my laptop won't reconnect- or connect to any wifi- until I either close the lid, wait for the green light to go off, then reopen, or I restart. This always temporarily fixes the problem. (This actually happened when I first tried to submit this post, so I have to retype the whole thing *Sad. This happens within anywhere from 10 minutes to a few hours from when I reconnect to wifi, and it seems to be somewhat correlated to me opening new tabs (or submitting a new post *Mad). I don't use my laptop for anything other than casual browsing and school work, so I don't have any weird programs that might cause this. No single event started this, but it's been happening for months. I'd really appreciate any help.

My system info:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 HomeVersion 10.0.14393 Build 14393Other OS Description Not AvailableOS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Name DESKTOP-8UUH9ORSystem Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.System Model X751LABSystem Type x64-based PCSystem SKU ASUS-NotebookSKUProcessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2197 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. X751LAB.507, 12/7/2015SMBIOS Version 2.8Embedded Controller Version 255.255BIOS Mode UEFIBaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

DirectX 12
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500.

Let me know if I need to provide any more information, preferably tell me how to provide that, too (complete computer noob).

Thank you all so much, I'd be so grateful for any help.

:)

collegekidhelp, Apr 3, 2017

2. My Laptop Lags Unbelievably When Charging Via Ac Adapter

I have a new update that might help...Maybe! When I start up the computer connected to the AC adapter, games will run fine until you disconnect and reconnect the ac adapter - then they start to lag again. BUT, when I have the ac adapter
    plugged in, And I close and reopen my laptop, the lag disappears until you dis, and reconnect the AC.

So basically every time I want to play games on AC I have to close and open my computer and the lag vanishes

KilianParsons, Apr 3, 2017
  3. bnessie Win User
    Intermittent WiFi Connection v2

"I've begun to notice that my Wi-Fi is randomly disconnecting. It isn't a problem with the router, as this happens with more than one router. The difference with my problem and others is that I cannot
    reconnect, I need to shut down my laptop and turn it back on again. But even after I do that, it will continue disconnecting every now and then. Just the other day I was trying to watch a movie on Netflix and it disconnected at least 4 times. Can anyone help?"

I have the same problem and the only offered solution was to go to

Device Manger-Network Adapters

right click on your wifi adapter driver

click Properties

look for Power Management Tab

uncheck "allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

I did this ages ago, now my computer still randomly drops the connection and also does not reconnect until I have logged back in after closing my laptop lid and reopening it unless I manually click on the Wifi I want, this is despite connect automatically
    being on.

Moved from Insider

bnessie, Apr 3, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect

Welcome to the forum. Is this at college or home?

Samuria, Apr 4, 2017
  5. Thanks! Both places, unfortunately it happens everywhere I go. I forgot to mention that I also went to Device Manager and disabled the option to disable network drivers for battery saving purposes- as I had read that might solve my problem.

collegekidhelp, Apr 4, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
    Downloading MiniToolBox

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
    Reset FF proxy Settings
    Reset Ie Proxy Settings
    Report IE Proxy Settings
    Report FF Proxy Settings
    List content of Hosts
    List IP configuration
    List Winsock Entries
    List last 10 Event Viewer log
    List Installed Programs
    List Users, Partitions and Memory size
    List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

download http://www.crewetown.co.uk/wireless.exe right click choose run as admin post results

Samuria, Apr 4, 2017
  7. deleted for thread concision

8. WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect

Pardon the terrible formatting, if necessary I can just screenshot them and post.

9. Samuria Win User
    It should come out formated correct am struggling with it as it is

Samuria, Apr 4, 2017
  10. Samuria Win User
    right click on start select cmd prompt admin then type

netsh advfirewall reset
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ipv4 reset
    set same as win7 to opendns

You should change channel on the router as others are close with same channel and strenght

Samuria, Apr 4, 2017
  11. I don't know if the last two completed like intended, here's a paste of them (the first two said OK). As far as the router, I'm currently on my school's wifi so I can't change anything.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int ipv4 reset
    Resetting Global, OK!
    Resetting Interface, OK!
    Resetting Unicast Address, OK!
    Resetting Neighbor, OK!
    Resetting Path, OK!
    Resetting , failed.
    Access is denied.

Resetting , OK!
    Restart the computer to complete this action.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>set same as win7 to opendns
    Environment variable same as win7 to opendns not defined

12. Just to add some info, when I try to open a new tab in Chrome it often says "not responding" then the wifi will shut off, forcing me to close and reopen my laptop. Really desperate for help!

collegekidhelp, Apr 9, 2017
  13. WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect

Hey guys, still no luck =(. Any new suggestions would be great!

collegekidhelp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect

1. WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect - Similar Threads - WiFi disconnects must

2. Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close: I'm working on an issue in my organization with multiple ThinkBook 14s Yoga G2 IAP - Type 21DM laptops. Whenever the lid is closed, the laptop disconnects from WIFI. This is an issue for us because, due to how the Citrix Workspace app functions without a network connection,...
  3. Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close: I'm working on an issue in my organization with multiple ThinkBook 14s Yoga G2 IAP - Type 21DM laptops. Whenever the lid is closed, the laptop disconnects from WIFI. This is an issue for us because, due to how the Citrix Workspace app functions without a network connection,...
  4. Wifi constantly disconnecting from laptop and I can't reconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi constantly disconnecting from laptop and I can't reconnect.: Every time I turn my laptop on, the Wifi works for anywhere between 5-20 minutes at once. At that point, it disconnects out of nowhere and I have to restart my laptop to get it to work again. It's been doing this for months, and I can't find a fix. This is the only device I...
  5. Wifi constantly disconnecting from laptop and I can't reconnect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi constantly disconnecting from laptop and I can't reconnect.: Every time I turn my laptop on, the Wifi works for anywhere between 5-20 minutes at once. At that point, it disconnects out of nowhere and I have to restart my laptop to get it to work again. It's been doing this for months, and I can't find a fix. This is the only device I...
  6. WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update: I noticed there was an update this morning on my month old gaming laptop and I restarted the laptop. Since restart, my internet has been disconnecting and reconnecting about every 30-40 seconds and there are multiple event logs with the code 7021 - connection telemetry fields...
  7. Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect: Because of the low Wi-Fi bandwidth and with full bars in the start screen, the Wi-Fi disconnects the network. After several minutes without an internet connection, it doesn't automatically reconnect. The Wi-Fi that I connected were checked that automatically reconnect after a...
  8. Laptop would not reconnect to wifi at random after reopening the lid (or from hibernate)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop would not reconnect to wifi at random after reopening the lid (or from hibernate): Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series that would drop wifi constantly at some point before 1903 update. Currently still at 1903 build 18362.1016. Been having this issue where wifi would randomly not connect back to wifi when opening the lid. Reinstalling older wifi card driver or...
  9. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...
  10. Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, have to restart to reconnect

Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, have to restart to reconnect: For a few days now, my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting from the wifi. The wifi is fine -- it still works on other devices -- and is still available with full bars but refuses to reconnect unless I restart my laptop, at which point it'll be connected and working fine again...