Windows 10: wifi disconnects occasionally

Discus and support wifi disconnects occasionally in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I find the internet wifi signal via extension booster goes down almost immediately I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brian Dodd, May 20, 2020.

1. wifi disconnects occasionally

Hi, I recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I find the internet wifi signal via extension booster goes down almost immediately I log on. I have to keep going into the internet access symbol, disconnect from my Hub extension then reconnect . Then it's usually OK unless I just leave the pc on for an hour when leaving the room. when I return it's usually disconnected again and I have to go thru the same rigmarole. Has anyone any ideas ? It was fine with Windows 7 and this extension before. Thanks Bri

:)

Brian Dodd, May 20, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

3. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      wifi disconnects occasionally [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, May 20, 2020
  4. wifi disconnects occasionally

Wifi is disconnected

My laptop occasionally disconnects from my home Wifi network protected with a password. When I check what is going on I see that my Wifi is a hidden open network. Why is it happening?

NelleReneé, May 20, 2020
Thema:

wifi disconnects occasionally

1. wifi disconnects occasionally - Similar Threads - wifi disconnects occasionally

2. wifi disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi disconnecting: Almost every single time I open my computer,, it start to disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect again. I got this happening after a sudden eleteic cut in my home and it start going insane. I thought my home had a bad router and different things and a an bad...
  3. Wifi disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnecting: Hello everyone, For the past week i have been experiencing the worst wifi connection ever. It has been cutting off almost every day and then reconnecting after. But today was a different outcome, it has cut off and i am unable to connect back to it . I have ran the...
  4. Wifi disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disconnecting: Hello everyone, For the past week i have been experiencing the worst wifi connection ever. It has been cutting off almost every day and then reconnecting after. But today was a different outcome, it has cut off and i am unable to connect back to it . I have ran the...
  5. WIFI disconnected

WIFI disconnected: Hello, PC running Windows 10. Suddenly the WIFI connection disconnected. I reconnected but the note said WIFI is disconnected. I have tried reconnecting several times, without result. Why? All my other digital equipment is WIFI connected without problems. Thank you. George...
  6. Wifi disconnect

Wifi disconnect: Hey! I got a new pc 2 weeks ago and when I'm trying to play a game from microsoft store(i got game pass) my wifi got disconnected and I can't connect back until I restart my pc. When I'm playing a game from epicgames store(not fortnite xd) i can play it and I am not getting...
  7. wifi disconnect

wifi disconnect: my laptop disconnects from WIFI when on battery power it is OK when plugged in charging new laptop was OK first day then installed Office 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnect/b3d8cf66-74bd-434d-a744-51592d4d9167
  8. WiFi disconnection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi disconnection: Hello, I have had this problem ever since I bought my laptop 3 years ago ad windows 10 was installed on it...the WiFi keeps disconnecting for no apparent reason and today foe example I swear and not exaggerating it keeps disconnecting every minute and half, so I had to to...
  9. Wifi disconnection

Wifi disconnection: [IMG]Please help, I woke up this morning and my laptop ( windows 10 ) had disconnected from the Wi-fi . I have been trying for over 2 hours to reconnect it. Other products that don’t use windows have a great Wi-fi connection. I’m trying to switch the Wi-fi on switch over in...
  10. Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally

Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally: Hello, I've been having trouble with my Ethernet connection to my computer. Recently, after installing updates for Windows 10 my computer has randomly disconnected my Ethernet connection to it. I've made sure the modem works fine, and I've also done various steps to try to...