Windows 10: Wifi disconnects, or has high ping spikes every 10-30 seconds

Discus and support Wifi disconnects, or has high ping spikes every 10-30 seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, So over the past month or two, my internet on my computer disconnects a few times then works. After that, it then has high ping spikes every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Geo0orge, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Geo0orge Win User

Wifi disconnects, or has high ping spikes every 10-30 seconds

Hey,

So over the past month or two, my internet on my computer disconnects a few times then works. After that, it then has high ping spikes every 10-30 seconds. I have bought a different Wi-Fi adapter and i still have this problem.

I have downloaded all of the software needed for the adapters, and my computer is fully up to date.

I live in two separate houses, at one house I don't have this problem at all. My adapter only disconnects once when first connecting to the internet then works, from then i have no problems with ping on the internet.

At the other house, i have these ping problems my Wi-Fi disconnects several times before working. However, I am the only person in the house that comes across this problem. We have several other computers in this house and they don't have the problem. My other devices I own, phone, laptop dont experience these problems.

DETAILS THAT MAY HELP

A few months back, my wifi adapter completely broke my computer at the house i have problems with. I couldnt even turn on my computer without a pc error coming up. I would get to the screen saver and it wouldnt let me click or type anything and would crash. I fixed it however, did a bios update and my computer worked. If i use that old adapter it crashes my computer.

I also ran into the problem of my adapter disconnecting everytime i would connect to the internet, i messed with some settings and it now longer disconnects.

Keep in mind, that all of these problems happen at this one house NOT the other house

:)

Geo0orge, Nov 11, 2020
  2. KianJK Win User

massive ping spikes every 10-30 seconds

Hi i have been getting MASSIVE ping spikes while online gaming and i have tried every fix online i can find. i have tried these links,

How to Fix Wireless Lag Spikes | Techwalla.com

Easy Tweaks to Prevent Windows 10 Lag - Kill Ping

Permanent fix for WIFI Ping Spikes - Microsoft Community

Analyzing network issues which can cause lag (ping spikes ...

Is There Anyway To Stop Ping Spikes??? | Tom's Hardware Forum

Ping spikes on Wi-Fi every 10 seconds. – Solved. | HiTech ...

How to get rid of ping spikes on wireless! … - summonerschool ...
    i have tried all of these and none of them work for me. some have worked temporarily but none permanently. i have checked other computers on my network and they all work fine. i have tried replacing my wifi adapter,
    no luck. I have tried other online games and pinging 1.1.1.1 using command prompt and it shows the spikes there so it isnt game specific. I would really appreciate some help. thanks.

KianJK, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Wifi ping spikes

Hello,

I am experiencing ping spikes on certain wifi connection.

It has started in October, when I was at boarding house in Uni everything on wifi was smooth, but when I moved to homestay at connected to their wifi, I have started experiencing ping spike up to 2000ms every 30 seconds. So I couldn't play online games or
    even streaming movies.

Than when I moved back to uni, ping got to it's normal state around 30-50ms.

When I came back in 2 month, same problem was still appearing, and restarting wifi router didnt help, so I decided to reset a PC and it didnt help at all, but I now have to download 150gb of games again.

I dont know what to do, I tried browsing, but I couldn't find anyone with same problem, please help.

KirillManko, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Jim_O_648 Win User

High Ping Spikes every 3-5 seconds.

(I already asked this on Reddit, but maybe this forum have another solution too)

So if I'm playing an online game, say Counter Strike Global Offensive, the ping spikes really high for a second, then reverts back to normal. This happens every 3-5 seconds. Sometimes, I get forcibly disconnected.

I've tried my best to troubleshoot anything I can possibly think of. I've tried re-installing my drivers twice, done a Network Reset and
    checked my firewall for anything that could potentially impact my computer's internet connection.
    None of these worked. This following screenshot is me
    pinging Google in Command Prompt
    . Note the "time". You can see that it's goes to about +2000ms, then goes back down to a reasonable ping.

I don't think its my modem. I think it's my Wifi Adapter, which is a TP-Link Archer T4E PCI Adpater.
    I use Windows 10, 1903. I was up-to-date with updates during my troubleshooting. I do
    dual boot Linux (Pop_OS 19.04) and there was no sign
    of any ping spikes.
    Everything remained normal.
    So the problem is MY PC's Windows 10. And I say "my" because pinging the same website on my
    laptop (Lenovo Yoga 720, Windows 10 1903)
    reveals that its definitely affecting only my computer

I've been trying to find a solution for a good two days, so I'm hoping that one of you can find a solution to this.

Jim_O_648, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Wifi disconnects, or has high ping spikes every 10-30 seconds - Similar Threads - Wifi disconnects has

2. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ping spike every second: Yesterday i got the problem with the ping spike pls help me here some pinging:Reply from : bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=1310ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from bytes=32 time=1980ms TTL=64...
  3. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds: This has happened before, but it fixed itself with a windows driver update, but now I've done everything I can to fix this. Every 5 seconds or so I get a really high ping spike, like 500 to 1000ms and it is unbearable and it keeping me from playing any online games. please...
  4. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds: This has happened before, but it fixed itself with a windows driver update, but now I've done everything I can to fix this. Every 5 seconds or so I get a really high ping spike, like 500 to 1000ms and it is unbearable and it keeping me from playing any online games. please...
  5. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Wifi ping spikes every few seconds

Wifi ping spikes every few seconds: Hello,Recently I got a new laptop,all seemed fine until I decided to go play some games on it, I was having major ping spikes every few seconds and it really sucks. when I ping my router /google in both cases I get spikes that go up to around 2000-3000ms occurs once then goes...
  7. Ping Lag Spikes Nonstop Every 10-30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Lag Spikes Nonstop Every 10-30 seconds: For some reason, not sure when this started, my ping started going from a steady 20-30 ping up to 1300+. I thought this was going to go away after a day or two, but it's been going on for a week now, and I don't know what to do. I need some suggestions on how to fix this, as...
  8. massive ping spikes every 10-30 seconds

massive ping spikes every 10-30 seconds: Hi i have been getting MASSIVE ping spikes while online gaming and i have tried every fix online i can find. i have tried these links, How to Fix Wireless Lag Spikes | Techwalla.com Easy Tweaks to Prevent Windows 10 Lag - Kill Ping Permanent fix for WIFI Ping Spikes -...
  9. High Ping Spikes every 3-5 seconds.

High Ping Spikes every 3-5 seconds.: (I already asked this on Reddit, but maybe this forum have another solution too) So if I'm playing an online game, say Counter Strike Global Offensive, the ping spikes really high for a second, then reverts back to normal. This happens every 3-5 seconds. Sometimes, I get...
  10. High ping spike (2500+) every 10 seconds

High ping spike (2500+) every 10 seconds: Hello, Since one of the last WIndows updates, every 10 seconds my ping will jump from ~20 to over 2500. It is very consistent. I feel like I've tried every suggested solution the internet has to offer, from resetting my router, to a full Windows 10 reinstall/repair. The...