Windows 10: Wifi disconnects. Tested 2 differents adapter

Discus and support Wifi disconnects. Tested 2 differents adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have a new computer with an integrated PCI wifi adapter (TP-Link TL-WN881ND) I also tested a usb wifi adapter and I have the exact same issue :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by contremaitre, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Wifi disconnects. Tested 2 differents adapter

Hello
    I have a new computer with an integrated PCI wifi adapter (TP-Link TL-WN881ND)
    I also tested a usb wifi adapter and I have the exact same issue :
    Wifi disconnects after a few minutes (first it stops receiving data, then it disconnects). When I run a speed test it always disconnects in the middle of it. If I only browse the web it can take longer.
    What I tried :
    - With windows integrated driver, and latest TP link driver
    - tested my usb adapter on another windows 10 computer : works fine
    - tested wired network : works fine
    - tried disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
    - I have other devices on the same wifi, works fine. I also tested this computer on another wifi network, same issue.

Thanks for your help.

:)

contremaitre, Mar 5, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

My WiFi Adapter came loose and disconnected

Hey guys,

I have a Zotac Mini PC and my Mini-WiFi Adapter came loose. Do you know any tape would fix this? The Apater pops up when it disconnects from the M2 slot which there are 2 on the bottom the MB

rk3066, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Multiple WIFI USB Adapters Rapidly Disconnect and reconnect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices and Internet Connection
      troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 5, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

Wifi disconnects. Tested 2 differents adapter

Network Get Disconnect while Download/Watching Youtube - Wifi USB Adapter.

there are several reasons for a disconnect.
    1) signal strength. being too far from the ap and something changing in the environment ( like closing a door). this is especially important for 5ghz as it has much lower range than 2.4ghz. if you're on 5ghz try dropping to 2.4 and see if it stabilizes.
    2) noise/channel selection. in dense areas someone else's wifi ( or other wireless device) may be interfering with yours. selecting a different channel may help.
    3) usb disconnect. the usb port may lose connection to the adapter for a second. trying a different usb port or an extension cable may yield better results. the extension cable may also help with the signal strength issue as you can move it around and see if you get better signal.
    4) power saving, set your power saving to max performance on the usb ports and wifi.

slozomby, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Wifi disconnects. Tested 2 differents adapter

1. Wifi disconnects. Tested 2 differents adapter - Similar Threads - Wifi disconnects Tested

2. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  3. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  4. 2 "tests", same PC, different results...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 "tests", same PC, different results...: If I want windows 11, How can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-tests-same-pc-different-results/264d9564-5134-4c5e-af64-edee3447b4f9
  5. 2 "tests", same PC, different results...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 "tests", same PC, different results...: If I want windows 11, How can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-tests-same-pc-different-results/264d9564-5134-4c5e-af64-edee3447b4f9
  6. WiFi adapter randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi adapter randomly disconnects: I'm running Windows 10 pro 2004 Build 19041.388. Currently, my WiFi adapter disconnects randomly for a very short time. This results in the "no Internet"-globe symbol with no networks nearby for a few seconds. I have tested with 2 brands (Netgear, tp-link) and different...
  7. Wifi Adapter always disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter always disconnects: Hello. I have a big problem with my laptop Asus Vivobook. It often disables the wifi adapter automatically and when this happens my laptop usually freezes and restarts it shows the blue screen of death a lot. This also happens whenever I move my laptop, even just a little...
  8. WIFI adapter keeps disconnecting

WIFI adapter keeps disconnecting: Anybody know when there might be a fix for the wifi adapter to keep disconnecting? Was on 1909 then reverted back to 1809 to try and fix but to no avail. Have to keep troubleshooting and resetting the adapter, it's BS to say the least never mind frustrating. I've tried all...
  9. Wifi disconnects. Tested 2 differents adapter

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi disconnects. Tested 2 differents adapter: Hello I have a new computer with an integrated PCI wifi adapter (TP-Link TL-WN881ND) I also tested a usb wifi adapter and I have the exact same issue : Wifi disconnects after a few minutes (first it stops receiving data, then it disconnects). When I run a speed test it always...
  10. Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters)

Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters): I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows 10 rig. Every few hours, my Wifi simply stops working; the connection is lost. Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so. Most of the time, I would need to manually disable/enable the wifi adapter...