Windows 10: WiFi disconnects when I close lid

Discus and support WiFi disconnects when I close lid in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having this problem where I close y laptop's lid, and when I go back to open it again, the WiFi is always disconnected and I always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hagan Sum, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Hagan Sum Win User

WiFi disconnects when I close lid

Hi,

I've been having this problem where I close y laptop's lid, and when I go back to open it again, the WiFi is always disconnected and I always have to wait for it to connect again. I have tried many ways to prevent this (Disabling "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power", Disabling "USB selective suspend setting"). Is there any way to actually prevent this?

:)

Hagan Sum, Oct 8, 2018

2. WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close

Hey Everyone!

I have a HP pavilion ab221tx laptop. The wifi chipset inside it is a realtek rtl8723BE. I am noticing that download speeds immediately reach zero upon lid close & may be the laptop's wifi also disconnects. By the time I open the lid and the display turns on,the wifi would have got connected.

I googled a lot but was unable to figure out if it's an OS issue/os build issue/setting issue.

I have tried things like
    *reintalling the driver from oem site & also updating it
    *disabling power saving options of the wifi adapter".
    *tweaking advanced settings in power plans (ensured wireless adapter performance is set to maximum in all power plans)

I am facing this issue since the last three days. I remember installing certain apps like PC Remote(Beta) & WIN-Remote Control, which enable you to make your android smartphone's touchscreen act like a laptop's touchpad. While doing this , I came across an article where they suggested to enable "wake on magic packet" in the advanced tab of LAN adapter properties. I just went there to check if it was enabled or not but I found it to be enabled (ideal setting as suggested). Thereafter I had changed none of the settings.

I have since uninstalled all those "pc control softwares/ reinstalled those wifi and lan adapters/re-enabled maximum performance of the network adapter in power plans/disabled sleep "do nothing" on lid close & re-unchecked allow the computer to turn off this device to save power but still face this wifi disconnection issue upon lid close. I really do not understand what went wrong!

Is it likely that these softwares would have caused the issue? How can I fix it?

suzytmohanty, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Surface Book with Windows 10 - Wifi disconnects when lid is closed

I have the i7 Surface Book (8GB/256GB), and have this same problem.

WiFi is set to stay on during sleep, and the Surface Book is set to stay on when the lid is closed and running on mains power.

I have a strong signal and am 4 metres from my router. Once the lid is closed, first the WiFi says there is no internet connectivity and then after another few seconds it disconnects entirely.

On the network list the signal is still full, however it asks me for my password and never connects while the lid is closed.

Open the lid again, and it reconnects and everything is fine. For now it sits open on my desk, but I bought this to use as a desktop most of the time and this is not how it should be functioning.

I would appreciate some help with this. It happens every time I try this, and is souring an otherwise great user experience.

SJ_SouthEast, Oct 8, 2018
  4. lschmi13 Win User

Surface Book with Windows 10 - Wifi disconnects when lid is closed

When I have the lid of my Surface Book open (while connected to an external monitor) I can connect to wifi. When I close the lid of my Surface Book wifi disconnects. My power settings are set to "Do
    Nothing" when the lid is closed (both on battery and plugged in). I am on the latest version of all firmware/updates.

lschmi13, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi disconnects when I close lid - Similar Threads - WiFi disconnects close

2. Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close: I'm working on an issue in my organization with multiple ThinkBook 14s Yoga G2 IAP - Type 21DM laptops. Whenever the lid is closed, the laptop disconnects from WIFI. This is an issue for us because, due to how the Citrix Workspace app functions without a network connection,...
  3. Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close: I'm working on an issue in my organization with multiple ThinkBook 14s Yoga G2 IAP - Type 21DM laptops. Whenever the lid is closed, the laptop disconnects from WIFI. This is an issue for us because, due to how the Citrix Workspace app functions without a network connection,...
  4. Laptop Display doesn't disconnect automatically when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Display doesn't disconnect automatically when lid is closed: I have multiple monitors connected to my laptop. Recently I noticed that my laptop display is not getting removed / disconnected when I close the lid. In other words, if I have a window open on the laptop screen and close the lid, that window should move to one of the...
  5. Laptop Display doesn't disconnect automatically when lid is closed

Laptop Display doesn't disconnect automatically when lid is closed: I have multiple monitors connected to my laptop. Recently I noticed that my laptop display is not getting removed / disconnected when I close the lid. In other words, if I have a window open on the laptop screen and close the lid, that window should move to one of the...
  6. Behavior when closing lid

Behavior when closing lid: I have long configured my laptop to stay on when I close the lid with it plugged in and to shut down when I close the lid with the plugged pulled. I do this for several reasons but the main reason I prefer this set up is because I can close the lid of my lap top, pull the...
  7. Shutdown when I close the lid.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown when I close the lid.: I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop and one day I changed the 'sleep time when plugged in' to 5 hours and now I can't sleep my laptop when closing the lid. I've reset power settings and disabled the Intel Management Engine, and almost did everything in the internet. How...
  8. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  9. When I close my lid it closes Chrome

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I close my lid it closes Chrome: Any time I close the lid for my laptop it closes Chrome when it wakes from sleep. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-close-my-lid-it-closes-chrome/28be4e56-233b-444d-8c72-9d33d9a0a9da
  10. WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close: Hey Everyone! I have a HP pavilion ab221tx laptop. The wifi chipset inside it is a realtek rtl8723BE. I am noticing that download speeds immediately reach zero upon lid close & may be the laptop's wifi also disconnects. By the time I open the lid and the display turns...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi disconnectes after closing the lid

2. wifi disconnects on closing the lid of the surface

3. internet disconnection when laptop lid is shut

4. to keep wi fi on when closing lid,
  5. when computer lid closes wifi disconnects,
  6. Wi-Fi disables itself reconnects when the lid is closed and reopened,
  7. wifi internet disconnects when closing the lid,
  8. windows 10 disconnects wifi when lid close,
  9. surface book lid closed wifi,
  10. wifi disconnects when i close laptop,
  11. disconnect from netweok when closing lid,