Windows 10: WiFi disconnects when I plug the Ethernet Cable in My Windows 11 PC, How to connect both...

Discus and support WiFi disconnects when I plug the Ethernet Cable in My Windows 11 PC, How to connect both... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Dear Concern,I am small Hardware service provider & Technician.Wi-Fi disconnects when I plug the Ethernet Cable in My Windows 11 PCI have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sathvik sricharan, May 25, 2024.

1. WiFi disconnects when I plug the Ethernet Cable in My Windows 11 PC, How to connect both...

Hello Dear Concern,I am small Hardware service provider & Technician.Wi-Fi disconnects when I plug the Ethernet Cable in My Windows 11 PCI have searched the web & MS community regarding the issue, I have tried changing settings in LAN & Wi-Fi but I didn't get the solution. for the same PC i have Installed windows 10 both will work. I need a proper help to solve this issueThank youRegards,Sathvik Sricharan

:)

sathvik sricharan, May 25, 2024

2. Wifi disconnects when ethernet plugs in

This is not helpful. I need Ethernet cable plugged in, so I can bridge the connection and "give" wi-fi to my other computer that doesn't have wifi

DenisProtopopov, May 25, 2024
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Wifi disconnects when ethernet plugs in

That is normal. WiFi is not needed if ethernet is plugged into the router and wifi does not share the ethernet connection. No ethernet cable is required on a wireless network with a wireless router. Wifi is accessed automatically by connecting to the router
    by all computers and devices on the network. Disconnect the ethernet cable
    from the computer
    and it should find the wifi. Other computers use the wifi without any help from the main computer. If you have a printer connected, make sure it is connected to the wifi router wirelessly or by cable connected to the router and not an
    individual computer. Get more info about that and setting up a wireless network. Your wireless router maker's support site is a good place to start.

mlg63, May 25, 2024
  4. WiFi disconnects when I plug the Ethernet Cable in My Windows 11 PC, How to connect both...

Bridging wifi and ethernet connections – wifi keeps disconnecting

Hi all,

I am trying to use Windows to bridge my wifi connection to non wifi devices. I have successfully setup the bridge in Network Connections. However, the wifi only stays connected for a few seconds before it disconnects (everything is working as expected, with wired devices having internet access, until wifi disconnects). This seems to be something to do with the ethernet cable being connected, as when I disconnect the ethernet the wifi stays connected.

Things I have tried:

• Turning off power management and checking bios for any funky power management settings
    • Setting "Priority & VLAN" to disabled
    • Disabling "Automatic metic" and setting wifi to priority order – though you don't seem to be able to change this for specific connections when bridged.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

P.S. everything works fine with bridge disabled and using internet connection sharing enabled on the wifi. However I am unable to connect to devices such as printers (hence why I am trying bridged mode).

Haniel Moore, May 25, 2024
Thema:

WiFi disconnects when I plug the Ethernet Cable in My Windows 11 PC, How to connect both...

1. WiFi disconnects when I plug the Ethernet Cable in My Windows 11 PC, How to connect both... - Similar Threads - WiFi disconnects plug

2. I have plugged in my ethernet cable into a sky wifi extender and into my pc but the wifi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have plugged in my ethernet cable into a sky wifi extender and into my pc but the wifi...: It isn’t working no matter what i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-plugged-in-my-ethernet-cable-into-a-sky/3b738ea5-03ce-4427-a853-e9c6f7e42115
  3. WiFi disconnects when I plug the Ethernet Cable in My Windows 11 PC, How to connect both...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi disconnects when I plug the Ethernet Cable in My Windows 11 PC, How to connect both...: Hello Dear Concern,I am small Hardware service provider & Technician.Wi-Fi disconnects when I plug the Ethernet Cable in My Windows 11 PCI have searched the web & MS community regarding the issue, I have tried changing settings in LAN & Wi-Fi but I didn't get the solution....
  4. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected: Appears even when an actual cable is connected, right below it.ipconfig and others show no such connectionAtempting to open properties will redirect / close the windowDisabling ethernet device does nothing:...
  5. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected: Appears even when an actual cable is connected, right below it.ipconfig and others show no such connectionAtempting to open properties will redirect / close the windowDisabling ethernet device does nothing:...
  6. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged: Hello,We have problem on Windows 10. When we connect ethernet cable, the WiFi automatically disable WiFi adapter. We try to connect but it only works 5 seconds. We checked BIOS, properities of adapters also try to update and rollback them, check registry and GPO, and nothing...
  8. W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged: Hello,We have problem on Windows 10. When we connect ethernet cable, the WiFi automatically disable WiFi adapter. We try to connect but it only works 5 seconds. We checked BIOS, properities of adapters also try to update and rollback them, check registry and GPO, and nothing...
  9. W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged

10. WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in

WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in: Hello, we have problem on Windows 10. When we connect ethernet cable, the WiFi automatically disable WiFi adapter. We checked BIOS, properities of adapters, check presence of third party programs and nothing is set wrong to do that. It started doing after Windows 10 update on...