Windows 10: WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep

Discus and support WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have seen many "solutions" to this issue, both on this forum and other websites. Some steps, like disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kelber, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Kelber Win User

WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep

I have seen many "solutions" to this issue, both on this forum and other websites. Some steps, like disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and running the power troubleshooter, are attempts to fix a Windows issue. Others are workarounds, like not letting your computer sleep or running System File Checker, that don't fix the issue at all.

Given that this seems to be a very widespread problem that has been brought up for years, why doesn't Microsoft have an actual fix?

:)

Kelber, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, Jul 2, 2020
  3. BrooksyX Win User
    Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Jul 2, 2020
  4. WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep

MY LAPTOP GOES INTO SLEEP WHEN WORKING

Hi,

To resolve your concern, you may follow the steps below:

• In Windows, search and open Power options.
    • Click Change plan settings, for the power plan that is selected.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Do one of the following options to navigate to the hybrid sleep settings:

• Click the plus sign (+) next to Sleep.
    • Click the plus sign (+) next to Allow hybrid sleep, then select
      Off from the drop-down menu, and then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep

1. WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep - Similar Threads - WiFi Disconnects Laptop

2. Laptop goes to sleep and ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep and ...: This laptop has the most different way of going to sleep. It will do just that, go to sleep but in 10.0336 seconds, it will wake up and after the allotted minutes, go back to sleep and remain that way till I get nasty and wake it up from a most comfortable nap. Wake Timers...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep and ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep and ...: This laptop has the most different way of going to sleep. It will do just that, go to sleep but in 10.0336 seconds, it will wake up and after the allotted minutes, go back to sleep and remain that way till I get nasty and wake it up from a most comfortable nap. Wake Timers...
  4. Bluetooth disconnects when the computer goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disconnects when the computer goes to sleep.: Hi!My Bluetooth is disconnecting every time my computer goes to sleep. The only way to get it back it to restarts the actual computer and when booting up the Bluetooth disconnects again. Does anyone know why this is happening? Cheers, Arthur...
  5. wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep: Whenever my laptop goes to sleep or when I lock it or go to sleep, WiFi automatically disconnects after a couple minutes, it's frustrating because all the updates in the background and activities on the tabs open in the browser are affected.I recently bought my DELL XPS 15.I...
  6. Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.: I've already read a lot of responses but my problem is I dont have a power manager tab to control the driver. I attached a picture of what I see. If someone could tell me which icon to click on or if I am just doing something wrong that would be great! I am using a Surface...
  7. Connect/Disconnect sound when Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connect/Disconnect sound when Monitor goes to sleep: I've tested and confirmed it and my monitor is the culprit. When it goes to sleep it continuously plays the connect/disconnect sound. This is a new monitor which I got yesterday. It's an MSI MAG272CQR. I've seen a lot of posts about this but no definite solution. Can anyone...
  8. BSOD when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD when laptop goes to sleep: Hi everyone, I'm running windows 10 on a macbook with bootcamp. Everything was working well, but since 05/22 my laptop cannot go to sleep mode anymore. If I try to put it to sleep from the start menu or by closing the lid it crashes and reboot. I get the following error in...
  9. WiFi and Bluetooth keep disconnecting whenever laptop goes into sleep mode

WiFi and Bluetooth keep disconnecting whenever laptop goes into sleep mode: I am having a huge issue with my new HP Pavilion laptop that I purchased a couple of weeks ago whereby whenever the device goes into sleep mode, my WiFi and Bluetooth adaptors turn off and do not come back on again. I have ensured all my drivers are up to date and have...
  10. Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep

Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep: I got a new HP ENVY laptop with the Updated Windows 10. It has worked fine when i first got it, i started to use it for school alot and it started to have issues waking up. Now it won't wake up at all unless I force Shut Down the whole system. What do i do to fix it. So far...