Windows 10: Wifi dns problem :'(

Discus and support Wifi dns problem :'( in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [img] i'm using my college wifi. so those who connect get internet. my friends uses static ip so they get internet . if i use dhcp it says limited.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rominmusa, Jul 4, 2016.

1. rominmusa Win User

Wifi dns problem :'(

Wifi dns problem :'( [​IMG]

i'm using my college wifi. so those who connect get internet. my friends uses static ip so they get internet . if i use dhcp it says limited. if i use static ip and dns , after some time(1-2 minutes) it shows dns problem. when i go and check the dns is blank. please help . mine is new lenovo z51 *cry*cry*cry

:)

rominmusa, Jul 4, 2016
  2. NatalyaRC Win User

Windows 10 mesing up with DNS

Hi, i recently have updated all my home pc's to windows 10 and now i'm having a lot of issues with DNS.

-DNS probe finished

-ERR name not resolved

-ERR connection time out

and etc...

I tried switching the default DNS of my provider to open DNS, google DNS and forcing my connection to use different DNS servers on differend pc's. But it gives zero results.

How ever if i ping the DNS server from the router, the connection seems to be perfect (20-50ms). Before updating to windows 10 i hadnt have those problems.

P.S. only my laptop conecting by wifi has no sign of that problem. I´ve tried conectin the pc's by wifi to, but it wouldnt help.

NatalyaRC, Jul 4, 2016
  3. TimmoB Win User
    N8 - wlan issues

I changed my wifi router (netgeat dg834) dns settings from automatic to use Google public dns settings, you can find them here
    Public DNS  |  Google Developers

the settings are:

primary dns 8.8.8.8

secondary dns 8.8.4.4

The wlan now connects every time!

now need to fix the next problems.

TimmoB, Jul 4, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

If this only happens at school, you need to talk to the IT group that handles student complaints for the public LAN that you are allowed to use.

bro67, Jul 5, 2016
  5. rominmusa Win User
    the problem is college doesn't allow to use static ip but all my friends use it but i can't . please help . what is the problem and how to solve

rominmusa, Jul 5, 2016
  6. Static addresses are just that - static. If someone else uses 192.168.1.60 - then you cannot use the same static address. I don't know how you can figure out an address to use other than try .60 or .75 or .123 ----these are just random numbers I'm choosing, there's no magic. Static addresses are used when you configure devices on the the network, the School could assign a number to your device if you ask.

What happens if you try a static IP address, but use: Obtain DNS server address automatically
    You could also try setting static DNS server address to Google public DNS servers

Slartybart, Jul 5, 2016
  7. rominmusa Win User
    . i know how to do . my mobile have no problem but when i set the dns it become blank after a while

rominmusa, Jul 9, 2016
  8. rominmusa Win User

rominmusa, Jul 9, 2016
  9. rominmusa Win User
    please help, still have the problem*cry

rominmusa, Jul 23, 2016
  10. Try NetSetMan to see, if it will be able to maintain settings.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi dns problem :'( - Similar Threads - Wifi dns problem

2. DNS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS problem: hello, i can't install VSCode, it says wrong dns. How to fix it, please help me!there is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/41826b00-3330-45b8-89b9-8afa959824e0
  3. DNS problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS problem: hello, i can't install VSCode, it says wrong dns. How to fix it, please help me!there is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/41826b00-3330-45b8-89b9-8afa959824e0
  4. DNS problems occasinally?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS problems occasinally?: Hello, I recently moved to a house with some friends of mine, i am having problems with their wifi, a few times a day from 1 to 10 internet randomly stops working initially telling me that's a DNS problem, and after a while it just says there's no internet connection. It...
  5. DNS problems occasinally?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS problems occasinally?: Hello, I recently moved to a house with some friends of mine, i am having problems with their wifi, a few times a day from 1 to 10 internet randomly stops working initially telling me that's a DNS problem, and after a while it just says there's no internet connection. It...
  6. Windows DNS Problems

Windows DNS Problems: Hello All,I am setting up a file server for a small business. It needs to be accessible remotely as well as on site. I have purchased the domain name and set that up for remote access. I have also set up on the same box a DNS server so that when computers are on the local...
  7. Problem with DNS

Problem with DNS: Hi, I have a big problem with my wifi,with my laptop and with thr others devices that are connected to my wifi router.I don't have acces to the internet in my whole house,and this is very frustrating.I figured out that the problem is with the DNS,which is allways changing...
  8. DNS Cloudflare problem

DNS Cloudflare problem: I have a url that I'm using cloudflare for to provide ssl: rachel-lumsden.net as can be seen here: http://leafdns.com/index.cgi?testid=6588082E If I run nslookup from a cmd windows on my Windows10 laptop then it comes back with the ip address of the host server. If I run the...
  9. Dns Problem

Dns Problem: I change dns server but website still blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/2ebeb61a-ad55-4851-bd5e-54b134d9673d
  10. DNS problem

DNS problem: Is this a bug or Windows 10 does not allow changing the DNS ?? [img] 5535