Windows 10: Wifi does not always automatically reconnect after turning on from sleep mode

Discus and support Wifi does not always automatically reconnect after turning on from sleep mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It only reconnects 40% of the time and the other times I'd have to manually connect to my wifi network. My wireless card (Intel AC 7265) is up to date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MarsNeedsFreedomToo, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Wifi does not always automatically reconnect after turning on from sleep mode

It only reconnects 40% of the time and the other times I'd have to manually connect to my wifi network. My wireless card (Intel AC 7265) is up to date and im on Windows 10 1909 with the latest updates. I've tried reinstalling the wifi card's driver and also factory reset my router but neither fixed the problem. Not sure what else to do at this point.

submitted by /u/MarsNeedsFreedomToo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MarsNeedsFreedomToo, Dec 10, 2019

2. WiFi not reconnecting from sleep mode after Creator Update

My WiFi does not automatically reconnect from sleep mode and I need to reconnect manually each time. This started to happen after the Creators Update. Worked fine before. The WiFi drivers are up to date, and the power setting for the Wifi to turn off when
    in sleep mode has been disabled. Any other possible solutions?

Paul_Castillo, Dec 10, 2019
  3. PARASASER Win User
    wifi turns auto off in sleep mode

hey again

i have all day wifi open but when my lumia goes in sleep mode the wifi turns automatic off and need to unsleep to take notifications and more and then again in sleep mode and wifi off.

im with new update .12070

its bug or there is any solution ?

thanks!

PARASASER, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Wifi does not always automatically reconnect after turning on from sleep mode

Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?

Just within the last week or two, so I'm guessing that a Windows 10 update is the culprit, when my laptop goes into sleep mode, which it does dozens of times throughout the day as I travel from account to account, Windows is not turning off the WiFi adaptor.
    Thus, every time I wake up the computer I have to either manually turn the WiFi off and on to get it to reconnect, and sometimes have to run network diagnostics to reestablish my connection. I've researched keeping the WiFi connection live in sleep mode, but
    there is no longer a Power Management tab for my WiFi adapter in Device Manager/Properties, so the solutions I've found aren't available to me. My laptop was definitely not behaving this week for the first several months I've had it, so I suspect there was
    an update that both eliminated the Power Management function at the WiFi adapter level and forced the WiFi shutoff in sleep mode as the default. This has become a serious pain. Any suggestions?

rgarretson, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Wifi does not always automatically reconnect after turning on from sleep mode

1. Wifi does not always automatically reconnect after turning on from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Wifi does always

2. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep: Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I...
  3. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep: Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I...
  4. Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode: Hi All, every time i bring my computer out of sleep mode it does not reconnect to the wifi in my home. I have to manually open the wifi settings and press the connect button. I have checked the tab that says 'connect automatically' and it makes no difference. Does anyone else...
  5. Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?

Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?: Just within the last week or two, so I'm guessing that a Windows 10 update is the culprit, when my laptop goes into sleep mode, which it does dozens of times throughout the day as I travel from account to account, Windows is not turning off the WiFi adaptor. Thus, every time...
  6. Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode

Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode: I checked the check box 'Connect Automatically' , but after restarting, wake up from sleeping mode it won't connected. Instead showing a message 'Action Needed' below the SSID. So we must click connect to connect wifi....
  7. After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect: After waking from sleep, my Lenovo Carbon X1 (6th gen) often shows failed wifi connection or similar in the status. I need to manually disconnect it then reconnect and it will work again. Even if I click the 'reconnect automatically' setting or whatever it is called it...
  8. Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode: Hi, my name is Andres Morales, and I have a laptop of MSI called GL62M 7REX. Which have an Intel I5 of 7th generation, Nvidia GTX1050 TI,... Two days ago I install a new SDD because the laptop only had an HDD of 1TB, and I decided to buy an chinese SSD of 120 GB. Then I...
  9. Automatic reconnecting to wifi

Automatic reconnecting to wifi: I'm sort of new to Windows. Recently bought a Dell Xps with Windows 10. I can start the internet connection by clicking on the 1/4 fan shaped icon on the lower right of my screen. I can select a wifi connection and connect, no problem. There's a box that will...
  10. My Wifi disconnect during sleep and doesn't automatically reconnect after wakeup

My Wifi disconnect during sleep and doesn't automatically reconnect after wakeup: Hello All, My internet keeps on disconnecting whenever my laptop is locked or goes into sleep. Even afte wake up, it still shows as connected but no internet. So, I have to manually disconnect and reconnnect everytime. It's so irritating, can somebody please help? Thank you...