Windows 10: WiFi does not work after the win 10 update

Discus and support WiFi does not work after the win 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wifi will work for 1 minute to 10 minutes, but usually 2 to 3 before it disconnects. It is NOT the wifi itself, since other computers connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenPurdue1, Oct 22, 2019.

1. WiFi does not work after the win 10 update

My wifi will work for 1 minute to 10 minutes, but usually 2 to 3 before it disconnects. It is NOT the wifi itself, since other computers connect without problems. I am without solutions. Internet works with an Ethernet cable without problems.
    HELP.

:)

StephenPurdue1, Oct 22, 2019
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 wifi and update & security not working

Hi All,

I have been battling an issue with Windows 10 every night for the last 2 weeks. I apologise for the long post but will try to provide as much detail as possible.

Initially I had a critical error warning which stopped me accessing the start menu and Internet explorer/edge. I fixed this by uninstalling Norton Antivirus and installing an alternative.

However I now have no wifi internet connection. All other devices using the wifi are working fine. I have checked the driver for the wifi adapter and it is up to date. The adapter also states working fine when running various tests. I have also reset my router and tried many other fixes to no avail.

I also have have a problem with the 'updates and security' option from the control panel. When I click on this it doesn't do anything.

I have spoken to Microsoft and they have suggested the driver for the adapter is incompatible. However the computer has been working fine with wifi for a good while since updating to Win 10. They suggested the solution was to revert back to Win 8 but this seems a step backwards and I don't have the product key for Win 8 so would need to purchase new.

I am thinking the only option would be a reset but I can't access that as the updates and security tab doesn't work.

I have run a system check (sfc scan now) and that found no issues. I have also ran a full Antivirus scan but again found nothing.

Any advice greatfully received.

JamesBAshby, Oct 22, 2019
  4. WiFi does not work after the win 10 update

Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works that way.
    I had a vpn installed on my windows 7 system and read that this may be to blame. I reverted back to win 7 and uninstalled it but when I reupgraded to 10 I still have the same issue. I found the following instructions for a fix.. Fortunately – there is a solution.
    "Step 1 – First things first, Right-Click the newly-reinstated Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the drop-down menu.
    Step 2 – Type out the following command, then hit the Enter key
    reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f
    Step 3 – Enter the below command into the Command Prompt and then triumphantly hit the Enter key
    netcfg -v -u dni_dne
    Step 4 – Restart the PC and then double-check your wifi settings. You should now see a revived list of all of the available networks within range."
    However when I try step 1 it says "error: invalid key name. Type "reg delete /?" For usage."
    Any help is greatly appreciated as I will have to revert back again if I can't get it working.

MonsterFish, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

WiFi does not work after the win 10 update

1. WiFi does not work after the win 10 update - Similar Threads - WiFi does update

2. After Win 10 2004 update File Explorer does not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Win 10 2004 update File Explorer does not work: As per the title, File Explorer does not work AT ALL after the most recent update. I've updated Windows on July 8. The same day immediately after the update File Explorer was working very poorly. The search was spotty, and the folder did not show fhe results (with changes to...
  3. No WiFi after WIndows update Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi after WIndows update Win 10: Everything working fine this morning - then Laptop just did an automatic update - rebooted the system and now seem to have no ability to connect WiFi. Normally i connect to NBN wirelessly and also have an emergency mobile broadband account i connect to wirelessly when on the...
  4. WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade

WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade: I know there have been many posts about this. I have tried updating the wireless driver, removing it and reinstalling it, changing the power setting to always on, removing my anti virus, etc. - basically everything that has been posted I have tried. My wifi will work for...
  5. Win 10 does not work after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 does not work after factory reset: I did a factory reset on my Lenovo Laptop. The first issue I had after it finished cleaning the drive was 'other user' login. I got around this and managed to establish administrator login. The next problem I have is he following error message:...
  6. 5ghz wifi not working after Win 10 update (v1830)

5ghz wifi not working after Win 10 update (v1830): Windows just did and update and now my 5ghz wifi is not connecting. 2ghz is still working. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5ghz-wifi-not-working-after-win-10-update-v1830/7c9bde56-d4c8-4ea7-80fd-9c0501a4c4c0
  7. Network driver does not work after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network driver does not work after win 10 update: Dont ask me to browse the community to find out how to fix it, this is not my responsibility! You microsoft so called "update" my windows and mess it up 4 times in 2 weeks. I needed to spend half working day to wait for the update and recover to previous build every time....
  8. Network driver does not work after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network driver does not work after win 10 update: Dont ask me to browse the community to find out how to fix it, this is not my responsibility! You microsoft so called "update" my windows and mess it up 4 times in 2 weeks. I needed to spend half working day to wait for the update and recover to previous build every time....
  9. Sound does not work after latest win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound does not work after latest win 10 update: My sound system worked fine until a few days ago when Microsoft did a mandatory update in the middle of the night. Videos have no sound My laptop does not play any of the usual notification sounds... like plugging in a USB device, startup etc. If I use the Dell...
  10. Win 10 does not boot after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 does not boot after update: Hi, My PC (win 10 pro 64bit) never boots after any update. I just see a black screen with those little white dots rotating on the lower half of the screen and they do that for hours. That nonsense started with the anniversary update a month or so ago. I have to turn the PC...