Windows 10: WIFI doesn't switch back to preferred network

Discus and support WIFI doesn't switch back to preferred network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two WIFI connections; a BT Hub and a 4G Mobile Hub. I've set the BT Hub as Priority #1 and the 4G Hub as #2. When connected to #1 I can turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VictusFilms, Feb 24, 2020.

1. WIFI doesn't switch back to preferred network

I have two WIFI connections; a BT Hub and a 4G Mobile Hub.

I've set the BT Hub as Priority #1 and the 4G Hub as #2.

When connected to #1 I can turn off the BT Hub and the computer automatically connects to the 4G Hub.

However, when I turn the BT Hub back on again the WIFI remains connected to the 4G Hub.

How can I get the computer to rescan the newtwork list and reconnect to #1 as soon as it becomes available. Presently I have to do this manually.

Any advice appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Both networks are set to "Connect Automatically"

:)

VictusFilms, Feb 24, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

WIFI doesn't switch back to preferred network [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 24, 2020
  3. m3110w Win User
    Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Feb 24, 2020
  4. WIFI doesn't switch back to preferred network

Problem switching WiFi networks

I have two WiFi networks in my home to address distance problems. I'm using a Lumia 1020 running OS version 8.10.14157.200 / Lumia Cyan. When moving from an area served by Network 1 to an areas served by Network 2, the phone doesn't always switch to the
    stronger network, In fact, it "holds onto" Network 1 even if the sign strength barely registers on the phone. I have waited multiple minutes for it to switch to Network 2 but most of the time I have to switch it manually in order to get it to switch to the
    stronger network. This was not a problem until I upgraded to 8.1.

I have tried switching off/on Wi-Fi Sense and Share Wi-Fi networks and all of the networks I want are listed under "Manage." All of the networks are selected "Connect Automatically" so that isn't the problem either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

StevePeña, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

WIFI doesn't switch back to preferred network

1. WIFI doesn't switch back to preferred network - Similar Threads - WIFI doesn't switch

2. Can’t connect to WiFi, ‘You have no preferred wireless networks’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect to WiFi, ‘You have no preferred wireless networks’: I’ve been dealing with an issue with ping spikes for a while now and after exhausting every option I decided to try a windows reset/refresh. Although initially this wasn’t working, as I was being met with an error message that read: “There was a problem when resetting your...
  3. Can’t connect to WiFi, ‘You have no preferred wireless networks’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t connect to WiFi, ‘You have no preferred wireless networks’: I’ve been dealing with an issue with ping spikes for a while now and after exhausting every option I decided to try a windows reset/refresh. Although initially this wasn’t working, as I was being met with an error message that read: “There was a problem when resetting your...
  4. Can’t connect to WiFi, ‘You have no preferred wireless networks’

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks: I'm trying to connect to my Wifi at home, except the network doesn't show up on the list of available networks to connect to. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Z510 running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3031. The network is there, and it works just fine, on my phone...
  6. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks: I'm trying to connect to my Wifi at home, except the network doesn't show up on the list of available networks to connect to. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Z510 running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3031. The network is there, and it works just fine, on my phone...
  7. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

8. How to switch WiFi network to 5 GHz?

How to switch WiFi network to 5 GHz?: Could you help me to switch WiFi Network from 2.4 to 5 GHz? I want to use ChromeCast. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-to-switch-wifi-network-to-5-ghz/7201f305-1712-456f-a75e-3b5f2a187fee
  9. Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report]: I would like to report a bug. We have two windows accounts on our computer - me (administrator) and my girlfriend. I have these languages/keyboard layouts set up: English, Czech, Russian She has these: English (UK), Czech, Slovak, Russian, Serbian, Macedonian,...
  10. WiFi - making adapter & available network preferences stay as selected

WiFi - making adapter & available network preferences stay as selected: Living in the Victorian terraced suburbs of one of the most densely populated university cities in the UK, there are loads of different WiFi networks in my area. My house is constructed so that I need to have my router at the front, and another router to serve the back of my...