Windows 10: Wifi Dongle crashes constantly

Discus and support Wifi Dongle crashes constantly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; (Dongle: ASUS USB-AC51; bought midway through 2018) For some unknown reason, every 2-3 hours the dongle complete crashes. It's not the router - my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SethLancaster, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Wifi Dongle crashes constantly

(Dongle: ASUS USB-AC51; bought midway through 2018)

For some unknown reason, every 2-3 hours the dongle complete crashes. It's not the router - my other devices always stay connected 24/7. When the crash occurs, the wifi symbol on the taskbar changes to the image of a computer with a red X on the bottom right corner - and a notification saying the dongle cant be detected. No matter what I do, the dongle can't be detected unless I physically remove and re-insert it; task manager and the troubleshooter both can't reconnect it. I've swapped it between different USB ports, but it keeps happening.

This problem initially wasn't a problem for the first couple months after pruchase. It hasn't gained any physical defects over its usage time and it works perfectly fine with other machines.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the drivers (I've reinstalled the factory drivers at least 5 times - never helped), Firewall, the ports used by the online games I play or something else. I'm completely stumped.

:)

SethLancaster, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Dongle is working properly but showing no internet

Hi Monica,

Just to clarify, are you using a WiFi dongle to connect to the internet instead of the built in WiFi adapter of your device? Or are you using a desktop PC and is the WiFi dongle to connect to the internet? For now, what we can suggest is to follow all of
    the recommended troubleshooting steps on this article to resolve the issue. Be sure to click
    Show all to see all of the instructions. Please follow all of the recommended so we could troubleshoot further.

If the issue would still persist after doing all of the steps, please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any updates/changes to your device prior to the issue happening?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Jan 12, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Wifi Dongle crashes constantly

Gta 4 crashing constantly

Sup everyone, i seem to be having a very annoying problem. I purchased gta 4 recently and i installed it and it runs quite well, my system is listed in my specs. The problem with the game, is that about +/- 5 minutes of playing, the screen gets funny coloured squares and my whole pc crashes. I have xp sp3 installed. I have tried numerous things like clocking my cpu back to stock but to no avail. My pc is not overheating, thats for sure, i dunno. My mate just told me that it might just be a bug, but it seems strange that i bug in the game would cause my whole pc to crash. Any suggestions?

BradleyKZN, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Wifi Dongle crashes constantly

1. Wifi Dongle crashes constantly - Similar Threads - Wifi Dongle crashes

2. Computer Constantly Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Constantly Crashing: I have a windows 10 laptop and it keeps unexpectedly crashing :( It goes to this blue screen and says that my computer has run into a 'problem' which is very inconvenient, especially when it happens constantly. Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it?...
  3. Constantly Losing WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constantly Losing WIFI: I lose wifi sometimes twice an hour on this HP When I go to networks, it will say connected, but I get no data. Sometimes it will just say no internet. When I restart, it will connect and work fine for a period of time, but often less than an hour. 120904
  4. WiFi Constant Reset.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Constant Reset.: I know this has been asked several times, I have tried several of the solutions to attempt to fix this, and nothing is working. In some cases it just makes it worse. I have an Upgraded Windows 10 Pro system. I upgraded with the free upgrade when it was offered. Edition:...
  5. Constant Game crashes

Constant Game crashes: I am having issues that started about a week ago. Any time I play a game the game freezes and crashes, sometimes the entire PC crashes and restarts. I have been playing these games (ESO and World of Warships mainly) for a while and nothing has changed in the game. I even ran...
  6. Laptop constantly crashing.

Laptop constantly crashing.: https://imgur.com/a/tSlWlM9 - photo album of the error messages I’ve managed to capture. Recently, for about a week now, my Asus UX360C Notebook PC has been constantly freezing up and crashing, often right on startup. Occassionally, my laptop will display an error message...
  7. Chrome constantly crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome constantly crashing: Not sure why, but when I open Chrome (after it has crashed once), I am able to restore the tabs I previously had open, but then immediately after, it crashes again. I have tried searching for malicious software using the Chrome Cleanup Tool and none was found. I have also run...
  8. constant/ numerous crashes

constant/ numerous crashes: Hello, Like so many others I have crashing issues. Crashes under many circumstances. While watching video, looking at a web page, etc. These are what I am getting all the time, 4 and 5 crashes a day: System Service Exception (Win32) K-mode exception not handled Reference...
  9. Audiosrv constantly crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audiosrv constantly crashes: Lately, my laptop has a problem in which, after a few hours watching videos, the audio crashes and I have to restart it. I can't find a reasonable fix online. Changing the audio driver from Realtek to Default does not work, antiviruses do not pick up a thing, Command Prompt...
  10. Explorer.exe Constantly Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe Constantly Crashing: Hi - I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. I'm really liking the change BUT I am encountering a constant and frustrating problem with explorer.exe crashing and restarting when working within folders. So far, each of the following causes explorer.exe to crash and...