Windows 10: Wifi Dongle crashes constantly

Discus and support Wifi Dongle crashes constantly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; (Dongle: ASUS USB-AC51; bought midway through 2018) For some unknown reason, every 2-3 hours the dongle complete crashes. It's not the router - my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SethLancaster, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Wifi Dongle crashes constantly

(Dongle: ASUS USB-AC51; bought midway through 2018)

For some unknown reason, every 2-3 hours the dongle complete crashes. It's not the router - my other devices always stay connected 24/7. When the crash occurs, the wifi symbol on the taskbar changes to the image of a computer with a red X on the bottom right corner - and a notification saying the dongle cant be detected. No matter what I do, the dongle can't be detected unless I physically remove and re-insert it; task manager and the troubleshooter both can't reconnect it. I've swapped it between different USB ports, but it keeps happening.

This problem initially wasn't a problem for the first couple months after pruchase. It hasn't gained any physical defects over its usage time and it works perfectly fine with other machines.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the drivers (I've reinstalled the factory drivers at least 5 times - never helped), Firewall, the ports used by the online games I play or something else. I'm completely stumped.

:)

SethLancaster, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Dongle is working properly but showing no internet

Hi Monica,

Just to clarify, are you using a WiFi dongle to connect to the internet instead of the built in WiFi adapter of your device? Or are you using a desktop PC and is the WiFi dongle to connect to the internet? For now, what we can suggest is to follow all of
    the recommended troubleshooting steps on this article to resolve the issue. Be sure to click
    Show all to see all of the instructions. Please follow all of the recommended so we could troubleshoot further.

If the issue would still persist after doing all of the steps, please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any updates/changes to your device prior to the issue happening?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Jan 12, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Wifi Dongle crashes constantly

Gta 4 crashing constantly

Sup everyone, i seem to be having a very annoying problem. I purchased gta 4 recently and i installed it and it runs quite well, my system is listed in my specs. The problem with the game, is that about +/- 5 minutes of playing, the screen gets funny coloured squares and my whole pc crashes. I have xp sp3 installed. I have tried numerous things like clocking my cpu back to stock but to no avail. My pc is not overheating, thats for sure, i dunno. My mate just told me that it might just be a bug, but it seems strange that i bug in the game would cause my whole pc to crash. Any suggestions?

BradleyKZN, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Wifi Dongle crashes constantly

1. Wifi Dongle crashes constantly - Similar Threads - Wifi Dongle crashes

2. WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?: Hello, I have a question.Yesterday I just completed my new Windows PC build and it has no built-in WiFi on the motherboard. So i use a WiFi adapter in order to connect to my house WiFi.However, something weird happened. At first, nothing is wrong. I played some online games...
  3. WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?: Hello, I have a question.Yesterday I just completed my new Windows PC build and it has no built-in WiFi on the motherboard. So i use a WiFi adapter in order to connect to my house WiFi.However, something weird happened. At first, nothing is wrong. I played some online games...
  4. Constant crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant crashing: Hi, I have been having a recent issue the last few days where my computer will suddenly put all the fans to max rpm and both my monitors black out. My programs don't all shut when this happens and I am forced to restart my pc manually while my monitors are blacked, giving no...
  5. Constant Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Crashes: Hello, ive had a problem with my Laptop for a while now where the display freezes or bluescreens, then the audio repeats the last sound bit that was processed before the screen froze or bluescreened very loud, and after a few seconds, it restarts Ive also had frequent cases...
  6. Constant crashing

Constant crashing: Hello,Look for any help available. I am getting constant crashing and do not know why. This can be during gaming, Photoshop, or even typing this. It is progressively getting worse, now I can't open Firefox/chrome/vivaldi and can only use Edge.I followed the Driver Verifier...
  7. BSOD crash when connecting Realtek Wifi dongle to home wifi router

BSOD crash when connecting Realtek Wifi dongle to home wifi router: Anyone have an idea what is causing the issue and how to fix? Here is the computer details: ystem Information ------------------ Time of this report: 10/9/2020, 15:57:14 Machine name: DESKTOP-EIBV10J Machine Id: {5EA0A2C3-3FB2-4BF4-8432-26F1A835950D} Operating System:...
  8. Constant Crashing

Constant Crashing: Computer is constantly crashing for reasons unknown to me. Minidump https://www.mediafire.com/file/14gqi5t70c4cf81/071620-31203-01.dmp/file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crashing/dc90a2bf-ab54-4c02-a5b8-87b5c5dcdebf
  9. Constant Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant Crashing: I am ... somewhat... new to Windows 10. About 3 months ago I bought a new motherboard, processor, system SSD, and RAM (basically, a whole new PC). Since I couldn't find my license key for the Win 7 install on my old machine, and couldn't buy a new Win 7 license, I was forced...
  10. Wifi dongle disconnects regularly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi dongle disconnects regularly: Previous posts here in the community have tried to address the problem of peoples wifi dongles dropping connection regularly. The previous instructions from Microsoft given to correct the problem are not working because they are not addressing the real problem. The problem is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sdud usb-ac51 constantly restarting