Windows 10: Wifi dongle disconnects regularly

Discus and support Wifi dongle disconnects regularly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Previous posts here in the community have tried to address the problem of peoples wifi dongles dropping connection regularly. The previous instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilsonandHowell, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Wifi dongle disconnects regularly

Previous posts here in the community have tried to address the problem of peoples wifi dongles dropping connection regularly. The previous instructions from Microsoft given to correct the problem are not working because they are not addressing the real problem. The problem is a conflict between the microsoft wifi drivers and the proprietary software/driver bundles. I have repeatedly verified that the correct solution is to remove the dongle, uninstall the software that came with it, restart, put the dongle back into the usb drive and allow Windows to manage the device. This has been tested repeatedly and has worked every single time. Wifi connection will now stay connected.

:)

WilsonandHowell, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Dongle is working properly but showing no internet

Hi Monica,

Just to clarify, are you using a WiFi dongle to connect to the internet instead of the built in WiFi adapter of your device? Or are you using a desktop PC and is the WiFi dongle to connect to the internet? For now, what we can suggest is to follow all of
    the recommended troubleshooting steps on this article to resolve the issue. Be sure to click
    Show all to see all of the instructions. Please follow all of the recommended so we could troubleshoot further.

If the issue would still persist after doing all of the steps, please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any updates/changes to your device prior to the issue happening?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Connecting my 4G dongle as a wifi- it doesnt list it as a wifi device but when I use a cable, it connects it under ethernet

Im using a 4G dongle and it gets listed under the list of wifi devices in my phone and my old laptop. But, with my other laptop with Windows 10, it doesn't list this network at all. However, when I use a cable to connect to the dongle in my USB port, it
    lists the network as Ethernet. I need to use it without connecting using a cable as it keeps disconnecting even if I move an inch.

aparna rajkumar, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Wifi dongle disconnects regularly

Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      Wifi dongle disconnects regularly [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Wifi dongle disconnects regularly

1. Wifi dongle disconnects regularly - Similar Threads - Wifi dongle disconnects

2. Wifi disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnecting: Hello everyone, For the past week i have been experiencing the worst wifi connection ever. It has been cutting off almost every day and then reconnecting after. But today was a different outcome, it has cut off and i am unable to connect back to it . I have ran the...
  3. Wifi disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disconnecting: Hello everyone, For the past week i have been experiencing the worst wifi connection ever. It has been cutting off almost every day and then reconnecting after. But today was a different outcome, it has cut off and i am unable to connect back to it . I have ran the...
  4. Bluetooth Dongle Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Dongle Disconnecting: Windows 10 latest update, Microsoft wireless keyboard mouse combo 5050. Using the keyboard center software required for full functionality.Have an issue with the combo randomly freezing. If I unplug dongle then plug it back in it stays frozen. But, if I plug it back into a...
  5. Disconnecting Bluetooth dongle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disconnecting Bluetooth dongle: Hi all. Every so often, about 4-5 times an hour, Windows is playing the sound of disconnected devices, disconnecting my Bluetooth dongle(and all Bluetooth devices along with it, of course), and than, about 1sec' after that plays the sound of connected device and reconnects...
  6. My WiFi connection keeps disconnecting regularly

My WiFi connection keeps disconnecting regularly: Hello guys i've just bought a new lenovo legion y540 and i my WiFi keeps disconnecting regularly. First time to troubleshoot a message "DNS server unavailable" and after some days suffering i troubleshooted again and got another message "reset Wi-Fi adapters" and every time...
  7. Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly

Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and started having issues with my Ethernet adaptor. Periodically my internet connection just stops and then returns after about 5 seconds. While watching the Ethernet performance tab on the Task Manager, when the issue happens the tab...
  8. Wifi Dongle crashes constantly

Wifi Dongle crashes constantly: (Dongle: ASUS USB-AC51; bought midway through 2018) For some unknown reason, every 2-3 hours the dongle complete crashes. It's not the router - my other devices always stay connected 24/7. When the crash occurs, the wifi symbol on the taskbar changes to the image of a...
  9. Wifi disconnection

Wifi disconnection: [IMG]Please help, I woke up this morning and my laptop ( windows 10 ) had disconnected from the Wi-fi . I have been trying for over 2 hours to reconnect it. Other products that don’t use windows have a great Wi-fi connection. I’m trying to switch the Wi-fi on switch over in...
  10. Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly: I have just updated windows 8.1 to 10. I am hearing the sound heard when disconnecting a USB device all the time - Sometimes every 30 seconds, sometimes every minute. Sometimes not as frequent but usually very frequent. I have noticed a few things - In task manager the...