Windows 10: WiFi dongle turned my laptop into strobe light!

Discus and support WiFi dongle turned my laptop into strobe light! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Few weeks back I upgraded my router to a dual band not realizing my laptop only worked with 2.4ghz g/n spec. Because I was having an issue with another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jayv2251, Sep 30, 2016.

1. jayv2251 Win User

WiFi dongle turned my laptop into strobe light!

Few weeks back I upgraded my router to a dual band not realizing my laptop only worked with 2.4ghz g/n spec. Because I was having an issue with another network in my neighborhood causing connection to the internet to be spotty. I fixed the problem by purchasing an external usb dual band dongle. Only problem I have now is there's a blue led that flashes letting you know your both connected and how fast the connection is by flashing faster.

My family and I live with my wife's uncle, so our bedroom also serves as living room, including tv and office. With my laptop being right next to me. Needless to say, this flashing blue light is driving me nuts when I'm trying to get to sleep. So, I'm wondering, can I wrap some electrical tape around it without affecting signal reception or transmission? I would consider just pulling the USB dongle out when I'm ready to sleep, but afraid I might damage the dongle and mess up the port by constantly plugging and unplugging the dongle. Sorry I've rambled on so much! Chalk it up to me not getting enough sleep!!!

:)

jayv2251, Sep 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 Instalation

This happened to me as well. Saturday it finally worked and I love the new windows. Slight problem tho. I **** down my laptop and now it won't turn on. All I get is the spinning circle and a strobe light flashing effect and the laptop won't turn on

JesseTerrell, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Nokia N80 problems! -- THE LIST!

How do you turn the light off? it gets on my nerves, flashing blue light + house in the country + dark bedroom due to no lights about = blue flashing disco strobe effect in your bedroom at night argh.

crea2k---01, Sep 30, 2016
  4. pcgeek11 Win User

Turn the laptop off when you go to sleep.

pcgeek11, Sep 30, 2016
  5. pbcopter Win User
    Yes you can put some tape over the light and it should not effect performance.

pbcopter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi dongle turned my laptop into strobe light! - Similar Threads - WiFi dongle turned

2. Laptop not getting turned on, white light blinking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not getting turned on, white light blinking: laptop hanged then crashed and shut down. I connected to adapter, showing charging on disconnect adapter, white light blinking continuously. tried windows + B + power, and also pushing power button for 20s. Nothing is working what should i do?...
  3. Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?: My laptop is not turning on but the power light is on.how do you fix?pls help im charging it but its still not turning on.and its really hot.plss help...
  4. Laptop mute button light not turning on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop mute button light not turning on.: I have recently developed an issue with my laptop. Whenever I press the mute button f6 the audio is muted, but the little light next to it does not turn on. I have tried updating windows and reinstalling graphics, keyboard, and audio drivers. I have an HP Pavilion 15z Touch....
  5. Is it Windows 10 or my USB WiFi Dongle?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it Windows 10 or my USB WiFi Dongle?: I'm pretty sure this is a common issue no solution I've found has worked yet. I've owned this wifi dongle for over a year. Device Manager says it's called Realtek 8812BU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC. It's been having issues for over a few months now. I'm running Windows 10...
  6. Wifi light indicator stuck on orange/ Can't turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi light indicator stuck on orange/ Can't turn on: Hi, my HP Pavilion G6 laptop cannot connect to the internet. The orange light is stuck on and I can't switch it to blue, indicating the wifi is turned on. I've tried a bunch of recommendations from previous threads and nothing works. When I did Windows Network Diagnostics...
  7. Trying to install 4G WiFi Dongle on new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to install 4G WiFi Dongle on new laptop: Hello all, I hope someone here can help me. Just got my new Asus notebook home, setting it up, hit a snag when trying to install my Wifi Dongle. Autorun.EXE did not work automatically as per normal, got a message saying it was blocked to keep my device safe, and would I like...
  8. Wifi dongle disconnects regularly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi dongle disconnects regularly: Previous posts here in the community have tried to address the problem of peoples wifi dongles dropping connection regularly. The previous instructions from Microsoft given to correct the problem are not working because they are not addressing the real problem. The problem is...
  9. my Asus laptop keyboard night light won't turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Asus laptop keyboard night light won't turn on: my Asus laptop keyboard night light won't turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-asus-laptop-keyboard-night-light-wont-turn-on/575ab09a-f174-4dec-bdaa-b36bcca8f5f1
  10. Wifi Dongle crashes constantly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Dongle crashes constantly: (Dongle: ASUS USB-AC51; bought midway through 2018) For some unknown reason, every 2-3 hours the dongle complete crashes. It's not the router - my other devices always stay connected 24/7. When the crash occurs, the wifi symbol on the taskbar changes to the image of a...