Windows 10: Wifi download speeds are bottlenecked

Discus and support Wifi download speeds are bottlenecked in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For whatever reason my laptop started to slow down it's download speeds a few months ago. It seems like the download speeds are being bottlenecked for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ubrae, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Ubrae Win User

Wifi download speeds are bottlenecked

For whatever reason my laptop started to slow down it's download speeds a few months ago. It seems like the download speeds are being bottlenecked for all applications except for Steam and a select few others. Anything I try to download goes about 1 to 2 MB/s at max, but Steam and those select few can go all the way up to 25MB/s. To my knowledge there are no wifi limiting applications on my PC.I've been debating on whether or not I should just reset my PC and see if that fixes it.

:)

Ubrae, Jul 28, 2021

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 28, 2021
  3. wifi downloading speed?

it means wifi speed depend on ram and processors

and how much kbps downloading speed i get with 4mbps wifi

Rainbow7---01, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Wifi download speeds are bottlenecked

wifi downloading speed?

if i use 4mbps wifi in pc and i get 450kbps downloading speed and if i use this 4mbps wifi on nokia c6-01 and n97 mini then can 450kbps wifi speed in these mobiles like pc

Rainbow7---01, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Wifi download speeds are bottlenecked

1. Wifi download speeds are bottlenecked - Similar Threads - Wifi download speeds

2. wifi download speed slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi download speed slow: hello , im facing a issue in wifi download speed. my wifi speed in control panel go does from 270 to 130 mbps and download speed becomes very slow but it does not affect my upload speed . pls help mei...
  3. wifi download speed slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi download speed slow: hello , im facing a issue in wifi download speed. my wifi speed in control panel go does from 270 to 130 mbps and download speed becomes very slow but it does not affect my upload speed . pls help mei...
  4. wifi download speed slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi download speed slow: hello, guys so i am facing a problem with my intennet speed, i asked a question earlier but didnt got solved , after doing some searches i found that i was high fluctuations in download speed and some times it was 0.5 MBps but soemtimes,few it was 150 mbps . i found taht when...
  5. wifi download speed slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi download speed slow: hello, guys so i am facing a problem with my intennet speed, i asked a question earlier but didnt got solved , after doing some searches i found that i was high fluctuations in download speed and some times it was 0.5 MBps but soemtimes,few it was 150 mbps . i found taht when...
  6. bottleneck question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    bottleneck question: I want to buy gtx 1660 ti ventus xs 6gb will it bottleneck my cpu i mainly play battlefield 3 and 4 only i can go upto 4k resolution through nvidia control panel too my specs: asus b75mLX 16 gb ram seasonic x650 gold psu Samsung syncmaster 60hz monitor i5 2500 cpu 137693
  7. Limited WiFi download speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited WiFi download speed: This is a repost, for some reason I can not reply on that previous post. I have the following system information OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation...
  8. Limited WiFi download speed

Limited WiFi download speed: Hello, my other laptops/devices have download speed up to 25mb/sec while this laptop only downloads 500 kb/sec no matter what I do. I have restarted tried the following: 1) device manager, network and tried updating drivers / devices 2) I tried to go to network settings...
  9. Wifi limited download speed

Wifi limited download speed: Hi, I just install Windows 10 from windows 7, my wifi speedtest only 4,5 Mbps but once I connect using ethernet/LAN the speedtest became 15 Mbps. Both upload are on the same Speed. And when i'm using speedtest on my android phone the speed is 15 Mbps , seems there...
  10. Wifi Download Speed Issue

Wifi Download Speed Issue: I have 2 laptops (Win7 and Win 10) that have suffered a serious degradation of download speed in the last week or 2. Wired, I achieve around 37mb download and 9mb upload. Now, over wifi, I'm getting 1-5mb download, but still get 9mb upload. I've seen other questions from...