Windows 10: WiFi drive and setting is missing in my Laptop

Discus and support WiFi drive and setting is missing in my Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a HP pavilion laptop One day I was watching a movie and the WiFi suddenly disappeared from my laptop Now only Ethernet is showing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PiyushChandel, Jun 20, 2019.

1. WiFi drive and setting is missing in my Laptop

I have a HP pavilion laptop

One day I was watching a movie and the WiFi suddenly disappeared from my laptop

Now only Ethernet is showing in networks and connections

There is no driver of WiFi in the Device Manager

Troubleshoot is not doing anything too

I've tried countless methods, but none is working on my laptop

Please help, I've not been able to use my laptop for about an year now

:)

PiyushChandel, Jun 20, 2019

2. Wifi settings are missing

Hello,

My Wifi settings are missing. I tried the steps as given in: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023503/surface-wi-fi-settings-are-missingbut
    that didn't solve the issue.

Here some details:

• Windows 10 home / 1709 / 16299.125
    • I installed all Windows udpates.
    • In device manager I don't see under networkadapter the Marvell Avastar.
    • The troubleshooter didn't solve the problem.
    • Problem started a week ago, reason is unknown.
    • I don't know which surface I have, or what surface even is.

Hopefully someone can help me to get the wifi settings back, need internet wireless.

Mattaboy10, Jun 20, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    At my wits end with WiFi

I did the sme, with the WAP, i disabled DHCP, and assigned a static IP (192.168.1.2), the adsl router already has a static ip set. i followed th guide here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point to a T, both with and without the reccommended/optional steps.

Still no joy, and i still can't get my desktop to see the wifi router, wth default settings and a direct connection. My laptop views the wifi router fine, with default settings.

Ok i figured i missed a step when changing to the DD-WRT firmware. I didn;t upgrade to the latest version. i'm doing that now, and i'll try to set it up again.

silkstone, Jun 20, 2019
  4. WiFi drive and setting is missing in my Laptop

WIFI setting tab is missing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Do not worry, it can be fixed.

Restart Surface and check.

It could be due to incorrect settings or missing updates or damaged drivers.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Can’t connect to a wireless network:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...t-connect-to-a-wireless-network?os=windows-10

Wi-Fi settings are missing:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ifi-is-missing-icon-not-showing?os=windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

WiFi drive and setting is missing in my Laptop

1. WiFi drive and setting is missing in my Laptop - Similar Threads - WiFi drive setting

2. WIFI missing in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI missing in my laptop: I have Dell laptop and I cant find how to turn on my WIFI. It went missing on my device 2 days ago. I restarting my computer multiple times and no matter what happen it will not go back to my machine. I need help on this....
  3. WIFI missing in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI missing in my laptop: I have Dell laptop and I cant find how to turn on my WIFI. It went missing on my device 2 days ago. I restarting my computer multiple times and no matter what happen it will not go back to my machine. I need help on this....
  4. WIFI missing in my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Missing wifi on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi on my laptop: Please help me with my wifi. Troubleshoot/Restart didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-wifi-on-my-laptop/bdc14645-cf55-4fed-b02c-2b0b93ba7b14
  6. Missing wifi on my laptop

Missing wifi on my laptop: Please help me with my wifi. Troubleshoot/Restart didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-wifi-on-my-laptop/bdc14645-cf55-4fed-b02c-2b0b93ba7b14
  7. missing wifi settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing wifi settings: last night my computer was fine, but it seemed to have updated to windows 11 while i was asleep and now i can’t find my wifi settings, ive tried everything that the support page says but nothing works. it so weird i go into the network and internet tab and all settings are...
  8. wifi setting missing form my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi setting missing form my laptop: Doing school work today and my computer won't connect to the internet. Checked wifi settings and they appear to be missing. Spent about 2 hours researching and troubleshooting to find out that my computer is missing the wifi setting completely. I'm able to access the internet...
  9. wifi setting missing form my laptop

wifi setting missing form my laptop: Doing school work today and my computer won't connect to the internet. Checked wifi settings and they appear to be missing. Spent about 2 hours researching and troubleshooting to find out that my computer is missing the wifi setting completely. I'm able to access the internet...
  10. wifi setting missing form my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing