Windows 10: Wifi driver not recognized

Discus and support Wifi driver not recognized in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello community, I recently updated to new newest version of Win10, same as every month. From time to time, after the update I'd have some issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gunfot, Apr 17, 2020.

1. /u/Gunfot Win User

Wifi driver not recognized

Hello community,

I recently updated to new newest version of Win10, same as every month.

From time to time, after the update I'd have some issues with the wifi driver on my laptop. I easily fix that downloading the most recent driver from intel and it works lile charm.

However, after this update, I can't no longer update my driver. I downloaded the most recent driver available from Intel, which is 21.80.2 from March 24th, instelled it, but the driver shown on the Device manager is 21.80.2.1 from February.

Any tips how I can install the newest driver and connect via wifi again?

Cheers!

P.S.

The wireless adapter in my laptop is Inter Wireless-AC 9560 160 MHz

submitted by /u/Gunfot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gunfot, Apr 17, 2020

2. Drivers are not recognized

Original Post: Wesleyj

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to assist you better, I would like to ask if you get any error message.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “troubleshooting” in search box and type Enter.
    • Click on View All on top left corner.
    • Select Hardware from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, would suggest to remove the external USB devices and uninstall them. Reconnect the USB devices and let it install the drivers software and check for the outcome.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Wifi driver not recognized

USB problems

checked all of those suggestions an still no luck. They show as being there and enabled but doesnt recognize anything you plug into them. I got a driver checker as well and it lists the drivers as up to date. could this be a bad motherboard?

tommys2827, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Wifi driver not recognized

1. Wifi driver not recognized - Similar Threads - Wifi driver recognized

2. Windows not recognizing WiFi antenna

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not recognizing WiFi antenna: I built a PC yesterday and all was going well until I was trying to set up Windows and it wasn’t recognizing any of the WiFi hardware. As a result I can’t connect to WiFi.I have two different ASUS WiFi antenna that I’ve tried to use with my PC and neither has shown up on...
  3. Windows not recognizing WiFi antenna

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not recognizing WiFi antenna: I built a PC yesterday and all was going well until I was trying to set up Windows and it wasn’t recognizing any of the WiFi hardware. As a result I can’t connect to WiFi.I have two different ASUS WiFi antenna that I’ve tried to use with my PC and neither has shown up on...
  4. Wifi connected, but not recognized windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connected, but not recognized windows?: Hello,Like the subject states, I am connected to the internet but my system is does not recognize that this is the case. My system seems to think that its the connection lacking internet rather than recognizing it as having access. I posting this via the pc in questionsI have...
  5. Wifi connected, but not recognized windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connected, but not recognized windows?: Hello,Like the subject states, I am connected to the internet but my system is does not recognize that this is the case. My system seems to think that its the connection lacking internet rather than recognizing it as having access. I posting this via the pc in questionsI have...
  6. Wifi connected, but not recognized windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi Card Not Being Recognized

Wifi Card Not Being Recognized: I recently bought a wifi card and I downloaded all of the drivers necessary for it through windows update and google. I'm currently using ethernet but I need the wifi to work. I looked in device manager for hidden devices, I tried to see if it was under a different name by...
  8. Audio drivers not recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio drivers not recognized: When I plug my headset into my PC, it is recognized as, what it is, a Plantronics 3225. However, between a few minutes and a few hours later, it will change to a CONEXANT USB AUDIO driver, and the sound quality, especially on the microphone, will become really lousy. Is there...
  9. WIFI adapter not recognized

WIFI adapter not recognized: I tried upgrading WIFI on an old Lenovo 3000 N200, by adding Intel AX200NGW, an adapter like this and antenna adapters. Also flashed a BIOS with supposedly whitelist check removed. Now, in Windows 10 32bit, I get in Control Panel 2 unrecognized entries, but Windows would not...
  10. I need a USB driver for a WiFi adapter that windows won't recognize.

I need a USB driver for a WiFi adapter that windows won't recognize.: In device manager it shows the adapter as: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-usb-driver-for-a-wifi-adapter-that/23017ac4-17de-4bf8-9da6-2291f68a6c5c