Windows 10: WiFi drop out

Discus and support WiFi drop out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My ASUS G551JW Windows 10 laptop WiFi keeps randomly shutting down. I have reset the adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), updated with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkSchrider, Nov 17, 2018.

1. WiFi drop out

My ASUS G551JW Windows 10 laptop WiFi keeps randomly shutting down. I have reset the adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), updated with the latest drivers from Intel, all to no effect. This has been going on since the Windows 10 update in October. I have given up on a fix and am using a USB WiFi adapter. It's a bit of and inconvenience, but at least It works. Any suggestions as to restoring onboard WiFi functionality?

:)

MarkSchrider, Nov 17, 2018
  2. bizkit Win User

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

hy,
    i have question about 10147 release. does anyone else have WiFi drops? it happens like 5-10 times a day. usualy when i search for windows updates(maybe a coincidence?) or when i reboot the pc. then i troubleshooted a bit, i figured out that WLAN autoconfig service stops working. if i restart the service all starts to work again. how can i prevent those kinds of wifi drops? in the mean time, wifi button gets grayed out and the list is empty, like no wireless is in range (it figures .. since service is not running i guess). i checked the event viewer and saw that many services drops out from time to time including sound (realtek). any suggestions would be appreciated. got a clean install here.
    thanks

bizkit, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Wynona Win User

WiFi drop out

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

And now you know why Microsoft didn't release 10147 as an official build. WiFi drop out :)

Wynona, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

WiFi drop out

1. WiFi drop out - Similar Threads - WiFi drop

2. WiFi periodically drops out and requires a restart to fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi periodically drops out and requires a restart to fix: I've had this issue for a few months now: the WiFi will drop out, and the system tray icon will show the 'no connection' globe. When I click on the globe, there are no available WiFi networks, where there are usually several. Often the tray icon will simply stop responding to...
  3. After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This...: I ran the diagnostics within Windows 10. It just told me I had no internet connection, and that it was the router's fault, but it wasn't. Everything else in the house is online, with no problem. Two phones, an Ipad, 2 smart TVsethernet, & Xbox Oneethernet, and they all are...
  4. Windows 10 keeps dropping WiFi connection and ethernet just refuses to work

Windows 10 keeps dropping WiFi connection and ethernet just refuses to work: Hi, Every minute or so Windows drops the WiFi connection. The ethernet at one point just decided not to work or should I say Windows decided not to work as I've tried the ethernet on a different computer. It's unbearable and it just won't stop. It's not a problem with the...
  5. OpenVPN connection causes Wifi/ethernet to drop

OpenVPN connection causes Wifi/ethernet to drop: The problem appears to be the TAP interpreted by my computer as an ethernet connection stealing the connection away from my Wifi or ethernet internet connection. Then my wifi/ethernet keep reconnecting/disconnecting, but never establishing an internet connection more than a...
  6. Dropping wifi

Dropping wifi: I am a Windows 10 user with a Dell laptop. For some reason and for some time now my computer keeps losing my router and dropping the wifi signal without warning; usually it reconnects after a pause, though not always. Other devices, both Apple and PC, never not have this...
  7. Recently updated, WiFi speed on my PC dropped from 70mbps to 36mbps on 5ghz but works fine...

Recently updated, WiFi speed on my PC dropped from 70mbps to 36mbps on 5ghz but works fine...: It's a Dell Inspiron 5675 gaming PC, it always got 70mbps regardless of 2.4ghz or 5ghz. I did recently get a new router but it was working fine. My phone works fine on 5ghz, not sure if it was windows update or network card driver update. Can't restore windows because of an...
  8. Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops

Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops: Hi I have a Samsung Note 9 which I use as a mobile hotspot When I connect my Surface Pro 6 to the wifi it works absolutely fine. I mostly use it on the train. When the train goes through a long tunnel or area with no signal, the internet connection is lost. Windows senses...
  9. Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...

Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...: I'm on windows update 1909, but this issue has been persisting for months. I have recently updated my drivers for my wifi/bluetooth card to no avail. It's really hampering my ability to play games with my friends online. It rarely drops when I'm not playing games. What...
  10. Wifi Keeps Dropping every 10 minutes. Can someone please help?

Wifi Keeps Dropping every 10 minutes. Can someone please help?: It's just on my windows 10 XPS 13, every other non windows device stays connected so it's not the router. I have tried disabling the power save option for the adapter as well as updating to the latest drivers. The problem still persists. What can I do to resolve this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless-ac 7260 drops out forums

2. tp link wifi dongle drop out