Windows 10: Wifi dropping every few minutes

Discus and support Wifi dropping every few minutes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My wifi has been doing this thing where it drops for no reason. It will freeze my computer then disconnect. Every few times it will show no wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sinbutwin, Sep 27, 2020.

1. sinbutwin Win User

Wifi dropping every few minutes

Hi,
    My wifi has been doing this thing where it drops for no reason. It will freeze my computer then disconnect. Every few times it will show no wifi near me at all and I have to reset my computer to reconnect to my wifi. I have troubleshooted countless times, have reset the wifi settings, I even reset the computer to its default settings but the option to keep my personal files. It's not my wifi router because all other devices work fine. It does it on other sides too. I ran an antivirus and it saw nothing. I have a HP Zbook 15 G2
    What could this be?

:)

sinbutwin, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

3. M Carpino Win User
    WIFI Keeps dropping

I performed the steps in the recommendation and I'm not dropping Wifi connections as much as I was. It will disconnect a couple of times a day as compared to every 20 minutes before. So it helped but hasn't completely fixed my problem.

M Carpino, Sep 27, 2020
  4. bizkit Win User

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

hy,
    i have question about 10147 release. does anyone else have WiFi drops? it happens like 5-10 times a day. usualy when i search for windows updates(maybe a coincidence?) or when i reboot the pc. then i troubleshooted a bit, i figured out that WLAN autoconfig service stops working. if i restart the service all starts to work again. how can i prevent those kinds of wifi drops? in the mean time, wifi button gets grayed out and the list is empty, like no wireless is in range (it figures .. since service is not running i guess). i checked the event viewer and saw that many services drops out from time to time including sound (realtek). any suggestions would be appreciated. got a clean install here.
    thanks

bizkit, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Wifi dropping every few minutes - Similar Threads - Wifi dropping every

2. Wifi disconnecting every minute

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnecting every minute: My wifi cuts out so much its frustrating. It happens with every network I'm on. I have a surface book 1 and am on Windows 10. Needs to be resolved immediately for school....
  3. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Wifi Dropping Every Minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer Aspire 5 Slim Wifi Dropping Every Minute: I've tried forgetting and scanning for the drivers, all of them are up to date according to my device. From time to time, a thing pops up in the network adapters called Microsoft virtual adapter 2 with a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point inside. I cant really do...
  4. Mouse lag every few minutes

Mouse lag every few minutes: Every few minutes, my mouse will lag for a very short amount of time. I first noticed this problem happening around 2 weeks ago. I have tried multiple mice/mousepads so I believe the issue has to do with my PC. I have also been using this PC for ~4 years with no prior...
  5. Need to or have to disable & enable WiFi Network Adapter every few minutes for the wifi to...

Need to or have to disable & enable WiFi Network Adapter every few minutes for the wifi to...: I am using Windows 10 Version 1909 on HP Laptop 15-ay009tx Since last 4 days i'm facing issues with my Wifi disconnecting frequently. It says it's connected to my home network "Federal" but after few minutes it shows "No Internet Secured". TheWiFi Rays icon changes to Globe...
  6. Wifi Keeps Dropping every 10 minutes. Can someone please help?

Wifi Keeps Dropping every 10 minutes. Can someone please help?: It's just on my windows 10 XPS 13, every other non windows device stays connected so it's not the router. I have tried disabling the power save option for the adapter as well as updating to the latest drivers. The problem still persists. What can I do to resolve this?...
  7. annoying notification sound every few minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying notification sound every few minutes: this sound is the same sound that Windows7 would play when you shut down. Couldn't find what's causing it, disabled live tiles, antivirus and other softwares (note it's almost a fresh install of Win10), I'm in Focus Assist mode and other notifications sound differently.....
  8. Event viewer crashing every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer crashing every few minutes: Hello everyone i just win 10 on a new laptop HP i checked EVENT VIEWER and found an error under Applications occuring every few minutes but I don't notice it What does this mean Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 9/8/2017 11:17:41 AM Event ID:...
  9. Internet Connection constantly dropping every few minutes.

Internet Connection constantly dropping every few minutes.: I am at my wits end with this nonsense, i'm using Windows 10 and have a shitty realtek 8821AE Wireless that no matter what I do, drops my internet and is turning me into a homicidal maniac. I cannot have this continue, it is ruining projects, college work and everything...
  10. Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll?: Hello, So I've been trying to identify this issue for months and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I've checked EVERYTHING, and I can't trace where the lag is coming from. Reinstalled Windows multiple times and experience the lag. According to Process...