Windows 10: Wifi drops intermittently

Discus and support Wifi drops intermittently in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being within 2 feet of the router, my signal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MiguelFrost315, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Wifi drops intermittently

Hi, before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being within 2 feet of the router, my signal will randomly lose strength or cut off completely. It mostly happens while watching Netflix. No other device on the network has connectivity problems and my laptop has no problem using the Ethernet cable. What I have tried to fix: Tried updating firmware on router and network adapter. Reset the modem, reset the router, restart the computer. Changed the power settings to the maximum and to not allow the computer to shut down the controller to sa

:)

MiguelFrost315, Oct 24, 2021
  2. kshas3 Win User

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday from Windows 8.1

Within 30 minutes of the upgrade, the wifi icon was red. I reset my internet and the computer recognized the internet. Within 10 minutes, I was dropped again. Checked my phone (was connected) and ran a speed test - great results. Cycled through troubleshooting
    for connection issues - claims the issue was fixed - connected again.

20 minutes go by, the wifi drops again.

Clearly the frequency of the dropped wifi is troubling...what can I do?

Computer has ample RAM, a great processor and wifi was never an issue on Windows 8.1

Anyone know what to do?

kshas3, Oct 24, 2021
  3. jianken Win User
    HP Envy 34 ALL in ONE wifi drops intermittently

Thanks for the reply. The Wifi still drops intermittently and requires manual disconnecting and reconnecting.

I have updated the driver. I tried the following:

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter
      I also tried the methods below:

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

netsh int tcp show global

And I also got a WLAN report showing multiple 11004 events:

2016-07-02T00:50:30

[+]Wireless security stopped.

Is there anything else I can do?

jianken, Oct 24, 2021
  4. DJJXJ Win User

Wifi drops intermittently

I installed Windows 10 yesterday and I am having the same problem - intermittent outage of WIFI on my Windows 10 computer, although other devices in my home maintain a steady connection. Have any of the suggested solutions provided a permament fix?

I've found a quick, albeit temporary solution that doesn't require restarting the computer. Right click the WIFI icon, and then click 'Troubleshoot problems.' In just a few moments, It automatically detects the problem and fixes it, and internet access
    resumes. Unfortunately, just like restarting your computer to correct the problem, the fix is not permanent; however, it is a more time efficient temporary remedy.

DJJXJ, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Wifi drops intermittently

1. Wifi drops intermittently - Similar Threads - Wifi drops intermittently

2. WiFi Drops Intermittently [Solved]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Drops Intermittently [Solved]: My WiFi was intermittently dropping. Tried nearly all the online suggestions without success,including solutions relating to the WiFi driver and hardware, installed software. and turning off various settings in the Operating System. Finally, I reinstalled the Intel Chipset...
  3. WiFi Drops Intermittently [Solved]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Drops Intermittently [Solved]: My WiFi was intermittently dropping. Tried nearly all the online suggestions without success,including solutions relating to the WiFi driver and hardware, installed software. and turning off various settings in the Operating System. Finally, I reinstalled the Intel Chipset...
  4. WiFi Drops Intermittently [Solved]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wifi drops intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi drops intermittently: Hi, before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being within 2 feet of the router, my signal will randomly lose strength or cut off completely. It mostly happens while watching Netflix. No other device on the network has...
  6. Wifi drops intermittently

Wifi drops intermittently: Hi, before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being within 2 feet of the router, my signal will randomly lose strength or cut off completely. It mostly happens while watching Netflix. No other device on the network has...
  7. Wifi fades and drops intermittently

Wifi fades and drops intermittently: Hi, I have a laptop that originally had Windows 10, and after the hard drive died a few days ago, I had a new SSD installed with Windows 10 loaded again. Before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even if I'm close to the...
  8. Wifi drops intermittently

Wifi drops intermittently: Hi, I have an Acer laptop that originally had Windows 10, and after the hard drive died last week, I had a new SSD installed with Windows 10 loaded again. Before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being 3 feet from the...
  9. Windows 10 desktop keeps intermittently dropping wifi

Windows 10 desktop keeps intermittently dropping wifi: Good day all- [Operating off of Frontier DSL] I have wireless wifi from both the Arris (Frontier-monthly rental) and a Asus that is set up as a relay for better coverage. Currently all computers are working off wifi as no ethernet wiring is available for their locations. Have...
  10. Wifi fades and drops intermittently

Wifi fades and drops intermittently: Hi, I have an Acer laptop that originally had Windows 10, and after the HDD died last week I had a new SSD installed with Windows 10 loaded back on. Before I had zero issues with wifi signal anywhere in my house. But ever since getting the SSD, even sitting 2 feet from the...