Windows 10: WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart

Discus and support WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all, Hope I can get some help with a problem that has been bugging me since I installed W10. This problem appears to be random and happens a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cryofry, Jan 6, 2016.

1. cryofry Win User

WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart

Hey all,

Hope I can get some help with a problem that has been bugging me since I installed W10.

This problem appears to be random and happens a couple of time a month. It is really annoying. What happens is, the WiFi appears to stop working. It can't find any available networks and won't reconnect no matter what I do. I have even tried closing/restarting explorer but that does nothing. If I try to shut-down or restart my computer, it just hangs on the shut-down/restart screen. I have to hold down the power button to get my computer to shut-down. The weird thing is, after a restart, it works fine *sarc...for a few weeks. It just seems very strange.

I use a WiFi dongle. I have a couple of them so I tried each one - they all eventually give me the same result *Mad. I have a HP if that helps. I notice that my father in law's rig also does this occasionally. He also has a HP, albeit a different model.

:)

cryofry, Jan 6, 2016

2. Wifi drops out and won't reconnect until reboot in Windows 10.

I'm having the same problem. I was a wireless connection. I tried messing with the setting , removing network then reconnecting to it however it says unable to "connect to network". until I restart the computer and them usually 1-2 hours it happens again.
    everything is up to date I have Norton security. this started happening around 2 months ago.

Genevieve63, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Wifi drops out and won't reconnect until reboot in Windows 10.

Hi Genevieve,

It is possible that your Internet Protocol or TCP/IP may have been corrupted, and you may have to reset TCP/IP.
    Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol or simply TCP/IP is one of the core components required by your PC to connect successfully to the Internet.
    You can reset Reset Internet Protocol to its default state using the
    NetShell
    or netsh utility. You may refer to this

link
    for steps on how to reset TCP/IP. Look under the
    M
    anually reset TCP/IP section and follow the steps intended for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 devices (this also applies to Windows 10).

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jan 6, 2016
  4. WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart

I'm having the same issues. I don't use a wifi dongle though. My computer is toshiba satellite P75. The problem has happened a couple of times since upgrading to Windows 10 a month ago.

windows8thumba, Jan 7, 2016
  5. brummyfan Win User
    Hi guys, could you please provide more info about your card and the driver version, it's very useful for someone to help you.

brummyfan, Jan 8, 2016
  6. updating device manager->network adapters->Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 driver seems to solve the problem for me.

windows8thumba, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart

1. WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart - Similar Threads - WiFi drops can't

2. WiFi Drops out and doesn't reconnect. Tries to connect to neighbor. Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Drops out and doesn't reconnect. Tries to connect to neighbor. Windows 7: I have a laptop running windows 7 which has a WiFi connection to my Linksys wireless router. When connected, the connection shows up as a good strength and all is fine. However several times a day it will drop out and it will not automatically reconnect, even though the...
  3. wifi dropping out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi dropping out: I have a dual boot windows ten one on latest version of ten other on insider latest version , stability of the wifi is fine on windows ten home but on the insider home premium the wifi is constantly dropping out. It some times tells me my dns is not responding when it is, but...
  4. WiFi Drops Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Drops Out: I have a Dell 17" laptop, fresh load of w10 Home (v2004, build 1901) and alleged updated drivers, Verizon fios through a Verizon Actiontec M1424WR router, 3 floor house, router on 1st, S end room (and no it can't move due to cabling, etc), whew. I'll be using the laptop on...
  5. WiFi periodically drops out and requires a restart to fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi periodically drops out and requires a restart to fix: I've had this issue for a few months now: the WiFi will drop out, and the system tray icon will show the 'no connection' globe. When I click on the globe, there are no available WiFi networks, where there are usually several. Often the tray icon will simply stop responding to...
  6. My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ...: My computer OS is windows 10. I try to shutdown normally but my computer doesn't turn off. Then I have to cut down the electricity to turn off the computer . p/s: Sorry I'm not good at English....
  7. Windows hangs on shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hangs on shutdown/restart: I just built a new PC. Upgraded my Windows license because my free upgrade to Windows 10 was from a Windows 7 OEM, Installed the mobo drivers (as best I could, see below), installed GPU drivers, etc. Issues: 1) Whenever I try and shut down, the system hangs on the blue...
  8. WiFi drop out

WiFi drop out: My ASUS G551JW Windows 10 laptop WiFi keeps randomly shutting down. I have reset the adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), updated with the latest drivers from Intel, all to no effect. This has been going on since the Windows 10 update in October. I have given up on a...
  9. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...
  10. Windows 10 laptop occasionally drops wifi, computer can't restart

Windows 10 laptop occasionally drops wifi, computer can't restart: Hi guys I got this problem, it only comes up occasionally, like once every couple of weeks, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have a Toshiba laptop and I connect to the internet using wifi. Sometimes the wifi would stop working. It shows that I'm still connected to my...