Windows 10: Wifi drops out and I can't open anything

Discus and support Wifi drops out and I can't open anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently run into this really bizarre issue where every couple of days, my computer seems to disconnect from the internet (even though it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jacobcollierishot, May 11, 2020.

1. Wifi drops out and I can't open anything

I've recently run into this really bizarre issue where every couple of days, my computer seems to disconnect from the internet (even though it still shows it's connected), and I'm not able to run any programs or shutdown/restart. It just sort of becomes paralyzed, and I'm forced to hold the power button to shut it down. Programs that are already open I can still minimize/maximize.

submitted by /u/jacobcollierishot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jacobcollierishot, May 11, 2020
  2. bizkit Win User

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

hy,
    i have question about 10147 release. does anyone else have WiFi drops? it happens like 5-10 times a day. usualy when i search for windows updates(maybe a coincidence?) or when i reboot the pc. then i troubleshooted a bit, i figured out that WLAN autoconfig service stops working. if i restart the service all starts to work again. how can i prevent those kinds of wifi drops? in the mean time, wifi button gets grayed out and the list is empty, like no wireless is in range (it figures .. since service is not running i guess). i checked the event viewer and saw that many services drops out from time to time including sound (realtek). any suggestions would be appreciated. got a clean install here.
    thanks

bizkit, May 11, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 11, 2020
  4. Wynona Win User

Wifi drops out and I can't open anything

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

And now you know why Microsoft didn't release 10147 as an official build. Wifi drops out and I can't open anything :)

Wynona, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Wifi drops out and I can't open anything

1. Wifi drops out and I can't open anything - Similar Threads - Wifi drops can't

2. Can't upload anything with the "Open".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't upload anything with the "Open".: When I try to upload anything. On Discord, for example, when I try to upload something, an image, video etc, the "Open" crashes immediately. By the way, I know next to nothing about computers Device: - Intel Core i5-4210U 1.7GHz - Intel Graphics HD 4400 -4GB of RAM Yeah...
  3. Can't open action center or wifi or anything on side of taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open action center or wifi or anything on side of taskbar: Idk when it started but when I click on action center it won't open nothing same for wifi and volume and even the calender there any help? submitted by /u/intriging_name [link] [comments]...
  4. WiFi dropping out, but staying connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi dropping out, but staying connected: Recently my wifi has been dropping, but Windows still says it connected. No other devices on the wifi are cutting out, just my laptop. If I disconnect then reconnect to the wifi on the laptop, it starts working again. I literally double click the button to...
  5. WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only): Long story as short as possible I have a Dell Inspiron running windows 10 that is only a few years old and for about 2-3 weeks now it has been dropping my wifi connection frequently even though the connection is great. Typically when this would ever happen (rarely) it...
  6. Win 10 WiFi Keeps Dropping Out

Win 10 WiFi Keeps Dropping Out: Hi, I have my desktop PC running Win 10 1909, which is connected to my home wifi network. The problem I have is that the connection between the PC and the router keeps dropping out - some days it is okay, but other days it has done it over 30 times. There is a temporary...
  7. Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop: I have a HP Laptop Elitebook 8570p, all of a sudden I was plagued with the WiFi either not connecting or dropping out, I did all the usual things, resetting network, deleting network adapters, and deleting drivers. I did notice this seemed to start after a Windows 10...
  8. I can't open anything that required administrator permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open anything that required administrator permission: When i try to open Advance System settings, a windows pop up said "Windows cannot find '%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again." The sound icon on my taskbar shown with red X but the sound still playing and can...
  9. WiFi drop out

WiFi drop out: My ASUS G551JW Windows 10 laptop WiFi keeps randomly shutting down. I have reset the adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), updated with the latest drivers from Intel, all to no effect. This has been going on since the Windows 10 update in October. I have given up on a...
  10. WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart

WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart: Hey all, Hope I can get some help with a problem that has been bugging me since I installed W10. This problem appears to be random and happens a couple of time a month. It is really annoying. What happens is, the WiFi appears to stop working. It can't find any available...