Windows 10: Wifi drops out following recent Windows 10 update

Discus and support Wifi drops out following recent Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 updated on my machine just a couple of days ago. I appears it was a very large update as it took forever. Since then I am having an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmyGonzalez1, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Wifi drops out following recent Windows 10 update

Windows 10 updated on my machine just a couple of days ago. I appears it was a very large update as it took forever. Since then I am having an issue with my wireless connection dropping out on me in the middle of things. It will be going along fine then all of a sudden it will stop and the wifi symbol will turn to a globe (world wide web?) emblem. It takes 30 seconds to a minute to a few and will eventually turn back on. With the recent Windows update I did check to see if my internet adapter was up to date but it was. I was fine until the update.

My machine is

Intel Core I7-4720HQ.CPU@260GHz, 64 bit

16 GBs RAM

Wireless Adapter

Intel Wireless Dual Band Wireless AC 7260

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

Amy G

:)

AmyGonzalez1, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2019
  3. bizkit Win User
    windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

hy,
    i have question about 10147 release. does anyone else have WiFi drops? it happens like 5-10 times a day. usualy when i search for windows updates(maybe a coincidence?) or when i reboot the pc. then i troubleshooted a bit, i figured out that WLAN autoconfig service stops working. if i restart the service all starts to work again. how can i prevent those kinds of wifi drops? in the mean time, wifi button gets grayed out and the list is empty, like no wireless is in range (it figures .. since service is not running i guess). i checked the event viewer and saw that many services drops out from time to time including sound (realtek). any suggestions would be appreciated. got a clean install here.
    thanks

bizkit, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Wynona Win User

Wifi drops out following recent Windows 10 update

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

And now you know why Microsoft didn't release 10147 as an official build. Wifi drops out following recent Windows 10 update :)

Wynona, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Wifi drops out following recent Windows 10 update

1. Wifi drops out following recent Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Wifi drops following

2. Windows 10 wifi connection drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wifi connection drops: Everytime my lap top goes to sleep it loses its internet connection to my local wifi network. It states it is still connected but there is no internet connection. This happens everytime the computer goes to sleep....
  3. Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop: I have a HP Laptop Elitebook 8570p, all of a sudden I was plagued with the WiFi either not connecting or dropping out, I did all the usual things, resetting network, deleting network adapters, and deleting drivers. I did notice this seemed to start after a Windows 10...
  4. TP Link USB wifi dongle drops out

TP Link USB wifi dongle drops out: I have two of these on both PCs. I have just installed OS 10 Pro 64 bit and only one of the USB Dongles stay connected the other one on Pc 1 keeps dropping out after 5 minutes or so. I need to re-insert the USB or reconnect the WIFI to it. I have unticked the option in...
  5. WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.

WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.: Hi all, I have a relatively new laptop. I connect to WIFI via a mobile hotspot, pocket wifi or house connection. The WIFI will drop out if I don't have the power cord plugged in. When I don't have the cord connected and the WIFI drops out, the 'trouble shooter section'...
  6. WiFi drop out

WiFi drop out: My ASUS G551JW Windows 10 laptop WiFi keeps randomly shutting down. I have reset the adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), updated with the latest drivers from Intel, all to no effect. This has been going on since the Windows 10 update in October. I have given up on a...
  7. Internet keeps dropping after recent update

Internet keeps dropping after recent update: My internet keeps dropping out after a recent update. I have windows 10. It connects fine but then will randomly disconnect and reconnect again. I have tried every update I can find. Ran troubleshooting - it found a problem and fixed it - but it's still happening. I have...
  8. WiFi dropping in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi dropping in Windows 10...: My issue is with Windows 10 and my WiFi continually dropping...I'll be in the middle of working on a website (for a client or myself), and "you're not online" pops up...then, I have to stop & MANUALLY re-start the WiFi...AGAIN...several times!!! It's so fracking frustrating!!...
  9. Recent windows 10 update removed wifi functionality

Recent windows 10 update removed wifi functionality: Hey guys, Normally I am able to figure this stuff out on my own but I am stuck! My newer HP desktop running windows 10 was working perfectly yesterday. I shut it down last night, came in this morning and I have no wifi option in my network settings? I could not get the wifi...
  10. Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently

Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently: Hello This problem is frustrating me a lot now. After upgrading to WIndows 10, I have noticed that my Wi-Fi connection frequently drops without any pattern whatsover. It just drops randomly and re-connects after 2-3 minutes. If I attempt to connect to the network in that...