Windows 10: WiFi drops out - says connected but no local area access

Discus and support WiFi drops out - says connected but no local area access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having this problem on and off for a while. Laptop runs all day without any apparent problems and then sometime overnight, usually around 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PX03AFK, Apr 26, 2019.

1. PX03AFK Win User

WiFi drops out - says connected but no local area access

I've been having this problem on and off for a while. Laptop runs all day without any apparent problems and then sometime overnight, usually around 3 in the morning, it loses connection to the local are network. At least, that is what I can see when I get to it next morning. The Internet Icon is telling me that the WiFi is still connected but there is no internet access and the messages are suggesting that there is a local connection still available but the reality is that there is no connection. Looking at the status information for the connection everything appears to be normal, complete with IP address. All I need to do to get things working again is disconnect and reconnect.

I have already disabled Power Management on the wireless card and I have not bothered to run the network troubleshooter as I've run this in the past and it has never found anything wrong.

I should add that I am running Insider Builds but I've seen the same issue on a laptop running a standard build.

:)

PX03AFK, Apr 26, 2019

2. Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 26, 2019
  3. felyyy Win User
    Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection

Hey guys,

first of all, thank you for reading my post. I got a massive problem with my Intel AC 7260 Wireless Adapter in my Alienware Area 51 R2.

For some reason, after nearly 3 years of constant performance and no hardware problems at all, the WiFi card of my Area 51 keeps losing Internet Connection.

The strange part is, that the connection to my router is still intact, but the Internet access gets crossed out red. I also have a notebook, an iMac and an iPhone connected in the same network and every device works just fine.

To proof furthermore that my router works just fine, I tested LAN connection on the Area 51 and there are no connections drops at all.

Back to WiFi Connection: I searched in some forums and there are some people who seem to have the same problem like me. For example: Alienware Forum - Killer wifi keeps losing internet connection

What I already tried was:

• installed latest driver from KillerNetworking (v.1.6.2149) x64
    • installed latest driver from Intel 20.70.0.4 for AC 7260
    • deactivated and activated Wifi Card in device manager
    • deactivated IPv6 (altough it worked 3 years with IPv6 settings on)
    • Power Management -> disabled "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

To make it as understandable as possible, I'll try to list a scheme of the problem:

1. WiFi Connection is "stable"

2. Suddenly the current application stucks because the PC has no connection to the Internet. After 10 secs, the WiFi symbol gets crossed out. Windows displays that I'm still connected to the router, but there is no Internet connection. (every other device is still connected and has internet connection though)

3. For 1 sec, the crossed out WiFi symbol changes to a crossed out Ethernet connection Symbol (like I had a LAN cable connected, with connection to the router, but not Internet connection)

4. And 5 secs later, the WiFi symbol pops up again and the Internet connection is back again.

5. Repeat multiple times a day

I can confirm that the connection drops are not coming more frequently when the download/upload-traffic is high. The connection drops in an idle state on the desktop of Windows as well.

Do you have any ideas? Do you think it's a hardware defect?

Keep up the good work!

Best regards from Germany,

Felix

felyyy, Apr 26, 2019
  4. WiFi drops out - says connected but no local area access

Windows 10 dropping wifi connection

My laptop keeps dropping the wifi connection. It then says it can't find any wifi networks. Eventually it connects again for 5-10 minutes before it drops again. None of my other devices have any problems with the wifi network. I have followed all the steps
    here repeatedly and nothing has made any difference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Any ideas what to try next? It's driving me mad! Thanks.

VROBINSON1, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

WiFi drops out - says connected but no local area access

1. WiFi drops out - says connected but no local area access - Similar Threads - WiFi drops says

2. Local Area Connection trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Area Connection trouble: I have a Local Area Network made up of 4 desktop computers connected via and Ethernet router, as well as two tablets, 1 Fire Cube, and 2 Firesticks all of which use WiFi which is built into the modem supplied by my ISP.When I click on the Network icon I get a list on one...
  3. wifi dropping out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi dropping out: I have a dual boot windows ten one on latest version of ten other on insider latest version , stability of the wifi is fine on windows ten home but on the insider home premium the wifi is constantly dropping out. It some times tells me my dns is not responding when it is, but...
  4. WiFi Drops Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Drops Out: I have a Dell 17" laptop, fresh load of w10 Home (v2004, build 1901) and alleged updated drivers, Verizon fios through a Verizon Actiontec M1424WR router, 3 floor house, router on 1st, S end room (and no it can't move due to cabling, etc), whew. I'll be using the laptop on...
  5. WiFi dropping out, but staying connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi dropping out, but staying connected: Recently my wifi has been dropping, but Windows still says it connected. No other devices on the wifi are cutting out, just my laptop. If I disconnect then reconnect to the wifi on the laptop, it starts working again. I literally double click the button to...
  6. local area connection

local area connection: i could i get some help on getting back my local area connection with microsoft so i was working on a project for school that required pinging via ethernet cable and i wanted to change my ip address but accidently deleted my local area connection. now i can not turn on my...
  7. Local Area Connection

Local Area Connection: how to avoid "Local Area Connection doesn't have valid ID configuration" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-area-connection/0cad5f67-865e-4839-8ce8-b96e323a5ec5
  8. Local Area Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Area Connection: hiiii I Am Using Laptop OS is Windows 10 64 Bit. i am still Facing This Problem My Laptop LAN Card Not Connected After Windows Start . I Have Checked Cable & Rj 45 connector Both Side. So Pl z give this Problem Solution Regard Mohit B...
  9. WiFi drop out

WiFi drop out: My ASUS G551JW Windows 10 laptop WiFi keeps randomly shutting down. I have reset the adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), updated with the latest drivers from Intel, all to no effect. This has been going on since the Windows 10 update in October. I have given up on a...
  10. not getting local area connecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not getting local area connecting: not getting local area connecting in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/not-getting-local-area-connecting/098820fc-36ca-40b1-9372-321cb398ac6c