Windows 10: WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.

Discus and support WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a relatively new laptop. I connect to WIFI via a mobile hotspot, pocket wifi or house connection. The WIFI will drop out if I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JS Melb, Mar 22, 2019.

1. JS Melb Win User

WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.

Hi all, I have a relatively new laptop. I connect to WIFI via a mobile hotspot, pocket wifi or house connection. The WIFI will drop out if I don't have the power cord plugged in. When I don't have the cord connected and the WIFI drops out, the 'trouble shooter section' suggests that an ethernet cable is 'missing'. Maybe this is why it is stable when I do connect the power cord? Seems strange. Can anyone help?

:)

JS Melb, Mar 22, 2019

2. 6555 Power cord plug problems

When I plug in the power cord it does not make a solid connection. The only way I can get it to work is by canting the cord, by wrapping the cord around the phone or by taping the phone down and pulling the cord to the side.

Is this a systematic problem? Am I the only one? If not has anyone found a solution?

metalhead---01, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Plugging in power cord turns off screen in Windows 10. Please Help!

You can control the brightness separately for "battery" versus "plugged in". And it sounds like the "while plugged in" brightness is set to 0%.

Here's what I'd do:

• Type "Power Options" in your Search box
    • Next to your current power plan, click the blue "change plan settings" link
    • Under the "plugged in" side, drag the slider up to increase the brightness for while the cord is plugged in.
    • Be sure to click Save Changes when done

After that, try plugging it in again.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 22, 2019
  4. WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.

The power cord on my asus doesnt work unless i press it in.

Hi! It could be your power cord or it could be the jack that the cord plugs into.

You could test the power cord with a volt meter! Here's how!

Test!

garybear89, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.

1. WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in. - Similar Threads - WIFI drops unless

2. Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord: Hello folks, I had this issue and the locked answer was related to turning off virus protection not helpful The solution for me was to: 1. EDIT THE BIOS and DISABLE "boot when power is applied"I have a lenovo x230 laptop running Win10. This problem plagued me for over a week,...
  3. Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord.: Hi,I have a problem where whenever I plug in my laptop, it freezes. The screen flashes colors, then black screens. After the black screen goes away, the brightness raises and it can't be changed. Sometimes it freezes immediately, but other times there is a delay. It's...
  4. Some software disconnect my wifi only when power cord is plugged in

Some software disconnect my wifi only when power cord is plugged in: report what happens to me. some software drops my wifi connection, but this only happens when the laptop is wired to the power outlet, whether it's charging or just plugged in. I did some tests with two programs OBS STUDIO ILLUSTRATOR and FONTLAB, the first two cause the loss...
  5. wifi dropping out

wifi dropping out: I have a dual boot windows ten one on latest version of ten other on insider latest version , stability of the wifi is fine on windows ten home but on the insider home premium the wifi is constantly dropping out. It some times tells me my dns is not responding when it is, but...
  6. WiFi Drops Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Drops Out: I have a Dell 17" laptop, fresh load of w10 Home (v2004, build 1901) and alleged updated drivers, Verizon fios through a Verizon Actiontec M1424WR router, 3 floor house, router on 1st, S end room (and no it can't move due to cabling, etc), whew. I'll be using the laptop on...
  7. power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  8. Universal power cord

Universal power cord: I had to purchase a universal power cord for my Dell laptop. It plugs in but won't charge. Any way I can get the laptop to charge??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-power-cord/ec366f36-ccc6-4119-8239-570738282c95
  9. WiFi drop out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi drop out: My ASUS G551JW Windows 10 laptop WiFi keeps randomly shutting down. I have reset the adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), updated with the latest drivers from Intel, all to no effect. This has been going on since the Windows 10 update in October. I have given up on a...
  10. Power Cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 inernet dropping out when not plugged in

2. why is my laptop not conncting to hotspot unless plugged in

3. windows 10 dell laptop wifi dropping out if power not plugged in

4. dell windows 10 laptop wifi drops out when not plugged in