Windows 10: WiFi drops when HDMI cable is connected

Discus and support WiFi drops when HDMI cable is connected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Extremely bizarre issue on new MSI laptop, using killer wifi. Connecting an HMDI cable to an external monitor the monitor doesn't even have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HLL_177, Nov 22, 2020.

1. HLL_177 Win User

WiFi drops when HDMI cable is connected

Hi all,

Extremely bizarre issue on new MSI laptop, using killer wifi. Connecting an HMDI cable to an external monitor the monitor doesn't even have to be plugged in! causes the wifi to stop working. It still registers as connected in the taskbar, but will not connect to any webpages, regardless of browser. Removing the HDMI cable and dis- and re-connecting to the wifi restores the connection.

I have reinstalled the wifi and graphics drivers. The issue doesn't happen when connecting to the same router using an ethernet cable, and no other device connecting to the router has this issue.

Any ideas on how to proceed from here?

cheers

:)

HLL_177, Nov 22, 2020
  2. DrPepper Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Unable to connect the HDMI cable.

Hi Abhinav,

This issue may arise due to the hardware conflicts and or the driver incompatibility. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to connect your device and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the issue is with the HDMI cable, there might be chances for the malfunction of the HDMI cable. So it could be better, if you check the same with a different cable.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 22, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. WiFi drops when HDMI cable is connected - Similar Threads - WiFi drops HDMI

2. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  3. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  4. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI cable: i hadn't connected my device to HDMI cable 2 monthes ago, it was working well but now it doesn't work, i've restarted the labtop and the tv, and the cable is working well with another device, can you help me solving the problem, please? my device core i7 and the windows is 10...
  6. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  7. USB mouse stops working when HDMI cable connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB mouse stops working when HDMI cable connected: I have a Microsoft mouse remote connected through a usb port. When I connect a HDMI cable the mouse stops working. The pad on the laptop works but not the remote mouse. Any advise to get remote mouse to work? submitted by /u/BuleMike [link] [comments]...
  8. connect ps3 by hdmi cable

connect ps3 by hdmi cable: how do I connect a ps3 using a regular hdmi cable to a Lenovo ideapad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-ps3-by-hdmi-cable/7d13e683-b73b-4803-a6d5-56caefb75553
  9. Network connection drops while on cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connection drops while on cable: I have the following setup: 2 x windows 10 and 1 X windows 7 computers connected to the same router through cable having 192.168.0.1 as the router gateway. win7-box: 192.168.0.38 win10-box1: 192.168.0.211 win10-box2: 192.168.0.24 I am connecting from win7-box, which I'm...
  10. No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable

No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WiFi drops when HDMI cable is connected