Windows 10: Wifi entirely gone form network settings

Discus and support Wifi entirely gone form network settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday, my wifi stopped working entirely. On the bottom right corner where the "wifi button" is, it is gone. When I go to Settings>Network and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Derek M26, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Derek M26 Win User

Wifi entirely gone form network settings

Yesterday, my wifi stopped working entirely. On the bottom right corner where the "wifi button" is, it is gone. When I go to Settings>Network and Internet there is no wifi setting. I have tried everything so far- restarting, updating drivers through windows, updating drivers through DriverEasy and nothing has worked. I have ran Diagnostics, tried a network reset, changed the power management settings, and still I have no ability to connect to WiFi. I recently installed PulseSecure (a VPN client used by my school's library for off campus browsing), but I uninstalled after reading that VPN clients can be the issue.

At this point, after scowering the internet for all possible solutions, I am lost. I don't have an ethernet plug (I have a Lenovo ThinkPad 13) so the only way I can use internet on my computer is to plug in my phone as a hotspot.

A few details that might help: the driver I have is Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless - AC 8620. When looking at properties, it says it is functioning properly.

I have thought of resetting my computer, but I don't want to lose all of my applications.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

:)

Derek M26, Oct 14, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

guest on wifi

Hi cbmflorida,

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Network - Wifi - Manage Known Networks

Do you see 'Guest' listed there?

If so select that and click 'Forget'

Is it now gone form the list of Available WiFi connections?

DaveM121, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Wifi gone

We suggest that you try to delete the old network connection profile, start the service, and create a new profile. To delete a wireless network profile in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Click the Network icon located at the lower right corner of your screen.
    • Click Network settings.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
    • Click Forget.

Note: You may also type
    netsh wlan show profiles in the
    Command Prompt to manage and delete wireless network profiles.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Wifi entirely gone form network settings

Hosted Network WiFi

Hi - Thanks for the help. I’ll describe each step of what I did to royally mess up my computer. My goal was to share my wifi...but now my wifi is gone!

1. Set up and activated hosted network via Command Prompt

2. Set settings to allow connection to be shared

3. Attempted to connect with another device but never saw the network

4. Decided that I didn’t actually care that much do I went to my wifi networks and clicked “disable” on the hosted network

5. Now my wifi is gone. I can’t turn it on with the physical key, it no longer appears in my network connections, the switch is greyed out in the airplane mode settings. Gone gone gone.

Can someone help me get it back??

Bobby Samuelson, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Wifi entirely gone form network settings

1. Wifi entirely gone form network settings - Similar Threads - Wifi entirely gone

2. WiFi icon to look at networks is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi icon to look at networks is gone: So I restarted my computer because it wasn’t connecting to my home WiFi networks and I came back to this. The icon is gone, and I went to the control panel app to look at adaptive settings and it only shows Ethernet....
  3. WiFi icon to look at networks is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi icon to look at networks is gone: So I restarted my computer because it wasn’t connecting to my home WiFi networks and I came back to this. The icon is gone, and I went to the control panel app to look at adaptive settings and it only shows Ethernet....
  4. WiFi icon to look at networks is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. wifi setting missing form my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi setting missing form my laptop: Doing school work today and my computer won't connect to the internet. Checked wifi settings and they appear to be missing. Spent about 2 hours researching and troubleshooting to find out that my computer is missing the wifi setting completely. I'm able to access the internet...
  6. wifi setting missing form my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi setting missing form my laptop: Doing school work today and my computer won't connect to the internet. Checked wifi settings and they appear to be missing. Spent about 2 hours researching and troubleshooting to find out that my computer is missing the wifi setting completely. I'm able to access the internet...
  7. wifi setting missing form my laptop

8. My wifi network adapter is gone

My wifi network adapter is gone: Hi, so my wifi network adapter stopped working so I uninstalled it but I didn't click the box that said delete from device. I have reset my computer 4 times but the adapter doesn't come back, I tried calling Microsoft support but they hung up on me haha. Is there any fix to...
  9. Wifi option on Network and Internet Settings for Windows 10 is gone, already tried...

Wifi option on Network and Internet Settings for Windows 10 is gone, already tried...: I have a device from hp with the model of HP 15 Notebook PC and since I haven't used it in a few years and only using it now, the laptop is having problems in the system specifically the WiFi connection. There is no Wi-Fi on the Network and Internet section. Hence, while...
  10. WiFi adapter and Wifi settings are gone

WiFi adapter and Wifi settings are gone: I am unable to connect to the internet on my laptop through wifi and i can't find any wifi related setting on my laptop. All the wifi settings have dissapeard and in the network adapters Wifi adapter is not present. Ethernet and Bluetooth work though. Please help me out...