Windows 10: Wifi/ethernet not showing up

Discus and support Wifi/ethernet not showing up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Wifi nor ethernet is not showing up, even in network connections, i tried network refresh, waited 10 minutes after and nothing, what should i do? and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by quaqak, Aug 16, 2022.

1. quaqak Win User

Wifi/ethernet not showing up

Wifi nor ethernet is not showing up, even in network connections, i tried network refresh, waited 10 minutes after and nothing, what should i do? and no its not broken, what should i do to fix it? network refresh again?

:)

quaqak, Aug 16, 2022
  2. srdavis Win User

Make Windows 10 connect/disconnect to WiFi based on Ethernet connection status

Steps:

1. Go to Control Panel\ All Control Panel Items\ Network and Sharing Center > click on 'Change adapter settings' then use the 'alt button' to show menus and select Advanced Settings...
    2. Under Connections section, select Ethernet, and use the arrows to the right to move Ethernet above WiFi.
    3. Click OK.

Windows will now prefer the Ethernet over the WiFi for connecting to the internet. This should apply for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.

srdavis, Aug 16, 2022
  3. revdrw Win User
    WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Aug 16, 2022
  4. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Wifi/ethernet not showing up [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Wifi/ethernet not showing up - Similar Threads - Wifi ethernet showing

2. Wifi/ethernet not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi/ethernet not showing up: Wifi nor ethernet is not showing up, even in network connections, i tried network refresh, waited 10 minutes after and nothing, what should i do? and no its not broken, what should i do to fix it? network refresh again?...
  3. Wifi/ethernet not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi/ethernet not showing up: Wifi nor ethernet is not showing up, even in network connections, i tried network refresh, waited 10 minutes after and nothing, what should i do? and no its not broken, what should i do to fix it? network refresh again?...
  4. Wifi not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not showing up: I woke up to go on my laptop. And I noticed I wasn’t connected to the wifi. I went to connect it, and there was no wifi option only Bluetooth, flight mode, battery saver, focus assist, and accessibility. I then went to settings to connect, and it said “not connected. You...
  5. Wifi not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi not showing up: I woke up to go on my laptop. And I noticed I wasn’t connected to the wifi. I went to connect it, and there was no wifi option only Bluetooth, flight mode, battery saver, focus assist, and accessibility. I then went to settings to connect, and it said “not connected. You...
  6. Wifi is not showing up

Wifi is not showing up: Hi, until yesterday, everything was fine. Today the wifi icon and option disappeared on the screen and I can't see available networks anymore. Moreover, I believe under network adaptors, there was not wireless wifi driver anymore. I tried to install a driver from Acer's...
  7. Ethernet and wifi not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet and wifi not showing up: Hello. I had problems with my pc recently so I decided to reset it. But during the reset the screen came to there was a problem blablabla. So I had to totally format my drives and reinstall windows. But now I dont’t see the wifi option, it’s just the ethernet logo with an x...
  8. WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet": Hello, I have updated my Thinkpad E570 with Windows May 2020 update. Since that update, I am getting "No Internet" message for my WiFi and Ethernet connection though I am always connected to the internet. Because of this issue, I am unable to remote desktop my home PC. I am...
  9. Wifi Networks not showing, only ethernet works

Wifi Networks not showing, only ethernet works: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for more than 10 years without any issues. About 2 years ago, I got a gaming PC and I set up everything as needed. The Wifi worked fine and everything went smoothly, however, recently an issue arose that I have been trying to fix to no...
  10. Wifi not showing up

Wifi not showing up: My laptop or desktop won't find a new wifi we are using, all mobile devices and game systems in the house find it no problem. 127011