Windows 10: WiFi extender set up issue.

Discus and support WiFi extender set up issue. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In order to set up a new Wifi extender I need to visit 192.168.10.1 however none of my browsers will let me go on there .I keep getting this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kirkiep, May 16, 2020.

1. Kirkiep Win User

WiFi extender set up issue.

In order to set up a new Wifi extender I need to visit 192.168.10.1 however none of my browsers will let me go on there .I keep getting this message...'The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.'Can anyone help me get past this ?

P.S. My Firewall does not appear to be preventing me visiting the site.

:)

Kirkiep, May 16, 2020

2. Belkin Debuts New Mini WiFi Range Extender

Belkin has today introduced a new WiFi Range Extender to help consumers achieve whole home WIFI coverage. The new WiFi Range Extender's compact form means it can be discreetly plugged into any wall socket, to maximise WiFI coverage and allow consumers to use their mobile devices anywhere in the home.

Belkin's WiFI Range Extender has been designed with a smaller form factor to plug directly into an electrical outlet without blocking the second socket, and despite its compact size can significantly increase the WiFi range of your router. Belkin's new WiFi Range Extender includes Simple Start Installation and is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router. It can be installed using a tablet or smartphone, as well as a PC or laptop. Just plug it in, find the home network, and enjoy greater wireless in minutes.

WiFi extender set up issue. Belkin_F9K1015_01_thm.jpg

The new WiFi Range Extender's single SSID makes installation and set-up even easier. The Range Extender uses the same user name and password as the router, and will automatically connect to the strongest WiFi signal it finds. This ensures all the WiFi enabled home devices will automatically be able to connect after the initial set up, without the user having to set devices up individually.

"Having WiFi is seen as a commodity today but achieving whole home coverage is still a challenge for many consumers," said Bart Bomers, director of Networking, Belkin EMEA. "With people using more devices throughout the home this is becoming an important challenge to address. With our new WiFi Range Extender, we offer people a smart solution that can be installed in minutes and extends WiFi range and eliminates dead spots in the home."

The new Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender comes in a white ultra slim design that fits neatly into a wall outlet, and in most of the cases leaves enough space for other devices to be connected in the other socket. It is compatible with routers from any manufacturer, using standardized Wireless N technology.

WiFi range extender (F9K1015) - £ 29.99 / € 34.99
    • Smaller form factor fits discreetly to your wall socket without blocking other outlets
    • Simple Start Installation - Browser-based setup from a smartphone or tablet
    • Single SSID
    • Single band N300 (2,4 GHz)
    • WPS - WiFi Protected Setup

Cristian_25H, May 16, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 16, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

no internet via wifi range extender

Ran troubleshooting and did it lists what exactly was missing, if it works using the routers wifi without the extender then i would believe you found the issue being the extender since it has been intermittent in the past. Been issues here with WiFi extenders, doubt the Windows update caused it.

jds63, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. WiFi extender set up issue. - Similar Threads - WiFi extender set

2. Setting up a projector as an extended display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up a projector as an extended display: I am trying to connect my projector as an extended display to my personal computer. I have a VGA cord running from my PC to my projector, then out to my monitor. Windows is only recognizing one display. How can they be set up to show 2 separate displays? NOTE: In my display...
  3. Wifi extender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi extender: Netgear wifi extender. Windows 10 laptop. The extender is set up and running fine, phones are talking to it. Windows laptop can see it fine, but is still trying to connect to the real wifi router. Problem is that the internet keeps cutting in and out in the office, hence...
  4. Extending a partition with a backup set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending a partition with a backup set up: Hi!, My backup partition is running out of space and I want to expand it. I went to computer management > disk manager and I freed some space and went to extend disk, then a message popped up saying that it will convert this disk to a dynamic and you won't be able to boot...
  5. Extended display issue when set to 60i

Extended display issue when set to 60i: Hello anyone and everyone, I am having an issue with my extended display after changing my intel hd graphics settings to 60i on my extended display in the refresh rate. I just set it to test and see if it was viable but then everything went black and my computer went into...
  6. wifi extender

wifi extender: My wifi extender connects to the wifi used by my router and works on my phone but not my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-extender/878e7736-e422-4ba8-a243-b223bd003ba3
  7. re Wifi extender.

re Wifi extender.: I installed a wifi TP extrender on my laptop and now even with it unplugged from the wall, it still shows on my network list. I want it out of my computer for good. Please help me remove all traces of it. thanks...
  8. Extend Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extend Display Settings: Hello. I want to ask what to do with my laptop. The situation is that. . when I click on the 'Extend' in the projection settings, the one that will show up in my laptop screen is just the background wallpaper, while the one being projected is that which is should be on my...
  9. WiFi Extender Questions

WiFi Extender Questions: Yesterday I setup a WiFi Extender so that I could use my laptop when I'm outside in my work shed. Today I noticed that a device was connected to my extender. I checked my laptop and it was off. I found out that my desktop is connected to the extender and not directly to the...
  10. Issues with wifi setting

Issues with wifi setting: Hi, For the last few days I have been experiencing some problems with my Wi-Fi connection. For some reason the wifi settings disappear form the settings all together. On the bottom right toggle you can only see airpplane mode as an option in network and settings. I use an HP...