Windows 10: wifi extender

Discus and support wifi extender in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My wifi extender connects to the wifi used by my router and works on my phone but not my computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MerielOlson, Apr 5, 2020.

1. wifi extender

My wifi extender connects to the wifi used by my router and works on my phone but not my computer?

:)

MerielOlson, Apr 5, 2020

2. Belkin Debuts New Mini WiFi Range Extender

Belkin has today introduced a new WiFi Range Extender to help consumers achieve whole home WIFI coverage. The new WiFi Range Extender's compact form means it can be discreetly plugged into any wall socket, to maximise WiFI coverage and allow consumers to use their mobile devices anywhere in the home.

Belkin's WiFI Range Extender has been designed with a smaller form factor to plug directly into an electrical outlet without blocking the second socket, and despite its compact size can significantly increase the WiFi range of your router. Belkin's new WiFi Range Extender includes Simple Start Installation and is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router. It can be installed using a tablet or smartphone, as well as a PC or laptop. Just plug it in, find the home network, and enjoy greater wireless in minutes.

wifi extender Belkin_F9K1015_01_thm.jpg

The new WiFi Range Extender's single SSID makes installation and set-up even easier. The Range Extender uses the same user name and password as the router, and will automatically connect to the strongest WiFi signal it finds. This ensures all the WiFi enabled home devices will automatically be able to connect after the initial set up, without the user having to set devices up individually.

"Having WiFi is seen as a commodity today but achieving whole home coverage is still a challenge for many consumers," said Bart Bomers, director of Networking, Belkin EMEA. "With people using more devices throughout the home this is becoming an important challenge to address. With our new WiFi Range Extender, we offer people a smart solution that can be installed in minutes and extends WiFi range and eliminates dead spots in the home."

The new Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender comes in a white ultra slim design that fits neatly into a wall outlet, and in most of the cases leaves enough space for other devices to be connected in the other socket. It is compatible with routers from any manufacturer, using standardized Wireless N technology.

WiFi range extender (F9K1015) - £ 29.99 / € 34.99
    • Smaller form factor fits discreetly to your wall socket without blocking other outlets
    • Simple Start Installation - Browser-based setup from a smartphone or tablet
    • Single SSID
    • Single band N300 (2,4 GHz)
    • WPS - WiFi Protected Setup

Cristian_25H, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 cannot connect to WiFi extender

Hi,

In order for us to further troubleshoot, please answer the following questions:

• Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Aside from resetting, what other troubleshooting steps have you done?
    You can also check Marlon_A's response on July 11, 2011 by clicking on this

LINK
    and might find it very helpful.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Apr 5, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

wifi extender

no internet via wifi range extender

Ran troubleshooting and did it lists what exactly was missing, if it works using the routers wifi without the extender then i would believe you found the issue being the extender since it has been intermittent in the past. Been issues here with WiFi extenders, doubt the Windows update caused it.

jds63, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

wifi extender

1. wifi extender - Similar Threads - wifi extender

2. I just bought a realtek wifi extender for my house. And it isnt working. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought a realtek wifi extender for my house. And it isnt working. Why?: I have the extender set up and everything. I have attempted to connect using WPS but on the manual it says there should be a red light that pops up for 5 seconds. And says it would reset when connecting but fails every time. Is mine just broken?...
  3. I just bought a realtek wifi extender for my house. And it isnt working. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just bought a realtek wifi extender for my house. And it isnt working. Why?: I have the extender set up and everything. I have attempted to connect using WPS but on the manual it says there should be a red light that pops up for 5 seconds. And says it would reset when connecting but fails every time. Is mine just broken?...
  4. I just bought a realtek wifi extender for my house. And it isnt working. Why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have...

Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have...: Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have connected to Telstra modem ok and says no internet access. No additional cables connected to Telstra modem. only power lead. Any suggestions?...
  6. Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have...: Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have connected to Telstra modem ok and says no internet access. No additional cables connected to Telstra modem. only power lead. Any suggestions?...
  7. Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. i connected to my wifi extender and a sheild icon apper on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i connected to my wifi extender and a sheild icon apper on it: hello when i connect to my wifi extender windows tell me that my wifi extender is not secured https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h6bEKiki5zyAKGKxcKXQhBxYVBJu3zNH/view?usp=sharing...
  9. i connected to my wifi extender and a sheild icon apper on it

i connected to my wifi extender and a sheild icon apper on it: hello when i connect to my wifi extender windows tell me that my wifi extender is not secured https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h6bEKiki5zyAKGKxcKXQhBxYVBJu3zNH/view?usp=sharing...
  10. I can't connect to my wifi but i can connect to my wifi extender?

I can't connect to my wifi but i can connect to my wifi extender?: I've had this problem for a pretty long time. My laptop will allow me to connect to my wifi extender but not my normal wifi. My extender makes my computer run super slow and I would rather be able to connect to my normal wifi and ive already looked and made sure it not the...