Windows 10: Wifi fades in and out at home location

Discus and support Wifi fades in and out at home location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Works perfectly everywhere else but never stable at home, housemate (who is responsible for wifi) claims it's fine for her, funny thing is my Xfinity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by surfer2938, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Wifi fades in and out at home location

Works perfectly everywhere else but never stable at home, housemate (who is responsible for wifi) claims it's fine for her, funny thing is my Xfinity connection also is unstable there (on both my Android smartphone and my W10 laptop, but if I go anywhere else like Barnes & Noble, the public library, or Starbucks both devices work flawlessly).

Is it possible there's some weird firewall issue going on? (I asked my housemate already but she didn't answer me, is there any way to tell on my own?)

Thanks

*Mad

:)

surfer2938, Apr 17, 2016
  2. sudfrance Win User

fade-in fade-out

i know the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE\ANIMATE but this effect is a shame.

is it possible to change it or parameter it

sudfrance, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Linley Meslier, Apr 17, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Wifi fades in and out at home location

A firewall block would be a all or nothing indication - you get to a site or you don't.

You are mentioning keywords like fade in and out, stable, or you surfing ok and have signal strength issues?

Through her wifi or thru xfinity, which I have to assume is separate from her network in the house, could indicate its location, but more details of each setup are needed ...

RWOne, Apr 17, 2016
  5. Yes Xfinity and the home network are different, but both tend to fade in and out (but both have fairly strong signals some of the time so I don't understand why they periodically "disappear")...if there's any technical info about my system that would help just ask.

Thanks

surfer2938, Apr 17, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    I'd list the make/model, etc.

Any number of variables, make of walls, etc. But if she's on it as well, either one but not having the same issues? I'd kinda find that hard to believe off hand.

Scan your system with malwarebytes (Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software - free version) lets rule out any malicious stuff that could affect your connection...

RWOne, Apr 17, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, perhaps you need to change the channel used? Too many signals of similar strength on your channel?

Try this (freeware)

Wifi fades in and out at home location [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 17, 2016
  8. Wifi fades in and out at home location

I'm confused, this isn't from me.

surfer2938, Apr 18, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    It's about the channel you use for Wifi. Too many users of same channel - signals competing for airspace => 'fading' - assuming you mean that your Wifi speed varies and maybe erratically cuts out.

Download the program, install and see if you and others around you are trying to use the same channel.

dalchina, Apr 18, 2016
  10. ok got you, will do, thanks

surfer2938, Apr 18, 2016
  11. you can use this command in dos to see the chanel used from you and other wifi
    netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid

without software

gijoetech1, Apr 18, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    - but not the signal strength..

dalchina, Apr 18, 2016
  13. Wifi fades in and out at home location

the idea is to be in a different chanel

gijoetech1, Apr 18, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Yes, but if the others in the same channel (if any) are very weak, it's likely there isn't a problem. So to know if multiple occupancy of the channel at reasonable signal strength is the problem, it's preferable to know both factors.

Actually, we have no idea at this point if this is the actual issue- the description is a little vague.

dalchina, Apr 18, 2016
  15. ran the freeware app, not sure what to look for, the private home network has this:

SSID MAC Address PHY Type RSSI Signal Quality Average Signal Quality Frequency Channel Information Size Elements Count Company Router Model Router Name Security Cipher Maximum Speed Channel Width Channels Range BSS Type WPS Support First Detection Last Detection Detection Count Start Time Minimum Signal Quality Maximum Signal Quality
    Martianlanding 4C-60-DE-44-86-32 802.11n -71 48 51.2 2.412 1 361 16 NETGEAR WNDR4000 WNDR4000 WPA2-PSK CCMP 144 Mbps 20 MHz 1 - 3 Infrastructure Configured 4/19/2016 3:32:22 PM 4/19/2016 5:21:10 PM 1556 4/19/2016 5:21:06 PM 33 65

while the xfinity one (which i'm using right now) has about twenty MAC addresses but mine doesn't seem to be one of them...

surfer2938, Apr 19, 2016
Thema:

Wifi fades in and out at home location

1. Wifi fades in and out at home location - Similar Threads - Wifi fades home

2. Microphone fades in and out constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone fades in and out constantly: I looked around in the settings and I figured it out. Microsoft is using its own 'Audio Enhancements' but sometimes it causes your microphone to cut in and outTo turn it off you go to System > Sound > Scroll down to Input and select the microphone you want to fix > click the...
  3. all sounds fade out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all sounds fade out: hi everyone 1st time posting, so my problem is that while im using xbox party on windows 10, all my sounds fade out and when either someone speaks or a loud noise is on the game/music, it then comes back for abit the fades out again please help...
  4. Wifi fades and drops intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi fades and drops intermittently: Hi, I have a laptop that originally had Windows 10, and after the hard drive died a few days ago, I had a new SSD installed with Windows 10 loaded again. Before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even if I'm close to the...
  5. Sound fading in and out at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound fading in and out at times: When I am listening to an online podcast or a video or even my church service, the sound fades in and out at times. When I have video chats with family and friends on the Alexa app, I am fading out I am told. Why is this happening and what can I do to repair this issue? Is it...
  6. Wifi fades and drops intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi fades and drops intermittently: Hi, I have an Acer laptop that originally had Windows 10, and after the HDD died last week I had a new SSD installed with Windows 10 loaded back on. Before I had zero issues with wifi signal anywhere in my house. But ever since getting the SSD, even sitting 2 feet from the...
  7. Microphone fades in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone fades in and out: Hi, I suddenly got this weird issue with my microphone, it fades in and out all the time. I have tried different microphones and all of them have the same issue. I had this once before and fixed it some how by putting in a new microphone and pulling it out put this time it...
  8. Microphone issues with fading out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issues with fading out: Warning, I'm not very tech savvy or experienced, so I may come off as having absolutely no clue what I'm talking about I've been trying in vain to record me playing trumpet for a while now. Every time I play, loud or soft, the microphone picks it up normally for about 2...
  9. where are the fade in/fade out buttons in MS Photos?

where are the fade in/fade out buttons in MS Photos?: I know that the fade in/fade out buttons are there some ware, because I set them a few days ago, but I forgot what I did! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-fade-infade-out-buttons-in-ms-photos/863cba0a-001c-44d0-b6ae-6c15428abcfd
  10. Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1

Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1: I'm working in Windows Movie Maker 6.1. I want to lengthen the time of fade in to white and fade out to white. I'm going into Tools > Options > Advanced and increasing the time in Transition Duration to 5 seconds, but it seems to have no effect on new projects. Did I miss a...