Windows 10: Wifi fades in and out at home location

Discus and support Wifi fades in and out at home location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sounds like your roommate had the power turned down on the Wifi, or used some form of QOS scheme to restrict your connections. Not that hard to do. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by surfer2938, Apr 17, 2016.

1. bro67 Win User

Wifi fades in and out at home location

Sounds like your roommate had the power turned down on the Wifi, or used some form of QOS scheme to restrict your connections. Not that hard to do. If they are paying for the Internet service, there is not much that you can do about it.

bro67, Apr 19, 2016

2. I actually sublet from her so in theory she should be more responsive towards providing Internet as a kind of utility (she's not very technical, I can't imagine she even knows how to tweak the router; I may just ask her to move it to the kitchen to where's it's in-between our rooms instead of in hers and see if that helps).

surfer2938, Apr 19, 2016
  3. bro67 Win User
    Never think that someone is not technical. You would be surprised how someone can act like they are not, but in reality they actually do know what they are doing. I use Channels 1 & 5, Bandwidth of 40 mhz for the Wireless-N A/P that I use. Channel 5 for the Wireless-b/g that I use for legacy wifi equipment that does not use Wireless N.

As long as the password has not been changed, it would be on the sticker on the side of the Gateway. The netsh wlan show all gives you basic info. A better tool is the inSSIDer app.

bro67, Apr 19, 2016
  4. Wifi fades in and out at home location

I don't think my housemate is pretending to be non-technical, in any case I did just run the Windows troubleshooter and got the following message:

Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Don't know why this would only happen at home but I will look into solutions for this in the meantime.

surfer2938, Apr 19, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Easiest way (no brainer with the added draw of all the other fixes it can offer):
    Tweaking.com's Repair utility.

I used this when I unexpectedly found internet protocols missing over lunch when the PC was idle.

Just select Repair Network from the list of repairs.

This is a good tool- sadly people just shy away and seek a Windows only fix requiring tech assist to find the right commands.

Meanwhile, consider using System Restore or disk imaging so you can get yourself out of predicaments.

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  6. Ran the program (did power reset first, then repaired everything twice as per the instructions)...still fading in and out.

I'm going to ask housemate to move router into kitchen (between our rooms), I'm sick of this.

(Thanks for your help.)

surfer2938, Apr 22, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Yep, must be a local issue rather than your PC.. good luck!

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wifi fades in and out at home location

1. Wifi fades in and out at home location - Similar Threads - Wifi fades home

2. Microphone fades in and out constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone fades in and out constantly: I looked around in the settings and I figured it out. Microsoft is using its own 'Audio Enhancements' but sometimes it causes your microphone to cut in and outTo turn it off you go to System > Sound > Scroll down to Input and select the microphone you want to fix > click the...
  3. all sounds fade out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all sounds fade out: hi everyone 1st time posting, so my problem is that while im using xbox party on windows 10, all my sounds fade out and when either someone speaks or a loud noise is on the game/music, it then comes back for abit the fades out again please help...
  4. Wifi fades and drops intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi fades and drops intermittently: Hi, I have a laptop that originally had Windows 10, and after the hard drive died a few days ago, I had a new SSD installed with Windows 10 loaded again. Before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even if I'm close to the...
  5. Sound fading in and out at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound fading in and out at times: When I am listening to an online podcast or a video or even my church service, the sound fades in and out at times. When I have video chats with family and friends on the Alexa app, I am fading out I am told. Why is this happening and what can I do to repair this issue? Is it...
  6. Wifi fades and drops intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi fades and drops intermittently: Hi, I have an Acer laptop that originally had Windows 10, and after the HDD died last week I had a new SSD installed with Windows 10 loaded back on. Before I had zero issues with wifi signal anywhere in my house. But ever since getting the SSD, even sitting 2 feet from the...
  7. Microphone fades in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone fades in and out: Hi, I suddenly got this weird issue with my microphone, it fades in and out all the time. I have tried different microphones and all of them have the same issue. I had this once before and fixed it some how by putting in a new microphone and pulling it out put this time it...
  8. Microphone issues with fading out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issues with fading out: Warning, I'm not very tech savvy or experienced, so I may come off as having absolutely no clue what I'm talking about I've been trying in vain to record me playing trumpet for a while now. Every time I play, loud or soft, the microphone picks it up normally for about 2...
  9. where are the fade in/fade out buttons in MS Photos?

where are the fade in/fade out buttons in MS Photos?: I know that the fade in/fade out buttons are there some ware, because I set them a few days ago, but I forgot what I did! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-fade-infade-out-buttons-in-ms-photos/863cba0a-001c-44d0-b6ae-6c15428abcfd
  10. Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1

Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1: I'm working in Windows Movie Maker 6.1. I want to lengthen the time of fade in to white and fade out to white. I'm going into Tools > Options > Advanced and increasing the time in Transition Duration to 5 seconds, but it seems to have no effect on new projects. Did I miss a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. home wifi fades in and out