Windows 10: Wifi for a 1000 users

Discus and support Wifi for a 1000 users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need some advice. Here's the situation. I work at a campground and I've been put in charge of the wifi. Not because I'm qualified. More because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hiatus, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Hiatus Win User

Wifi for a 1000 users

I need some advice.

Here's the situation.
    I work at a campground and I've been put in charge of the wifi. Not because I'm qualified. More because I like computers, so I got the job...
    We currently have a very limited bandwidth (24,bit ADSL), but everything is setup for 1gbit fiber which already has been installed, but not yet put in use.
    To provide the wifi to the grounds, we use a Ruckus Zone Director 1200 and three switches (connected by fiber cable) connected to 2 access points each (total 6 AP).

This setup has not been working that well with the ADSL. Partly because of the bandwidth and the copper wires on the island of Öland, but mainly because of a poorly setup router. When I say poorly, I mean it was unboxed, plugged in and left alone...
    We've basically been providing 1000 guests with less than 255 IP-addresses...

Our ADSL provider gave us the old 24mbit router and now, when it's time for fiber, it needs to be exchanged for something better and while I'm at it, I thought I may as well set it up properly so all our guests could take advantage of the wifi at once without being kicked of the network all the time...

As kind of a band-aid, I'll be installing a consumer grade gbit router on Monday to get the fiber up and running, but before midsummer, I probably need to have a proper solution in place.
    Or do I?
    Could a consumer grade router provide 1000 IP-addresses in a stable fashion without throwing users of the network or bottlenecking our fiber?

What would you suggest?
    The Ruckus appliance has built in DHCP capabilities, but the company that sells them here in Sweden does not recommend "using a wifi controller as a DHCP server", for some reason...
    I kind of doubt it would work any worse than the run of the mill d-link router I'm about to plug in, but what do I know?!
    Anyone with experience from running the Ruckus Zone Director 1200 without a "proper" router/DHCP server?

I've been reading up on DHCP server configurations, and as far as I understand it, I could pretty much use any computer with dual Ethernet as a DHCP server and firewall. Or am I missing something?
    We were quoted $1000 for a dedicated DHCP/firewall from the ones who sold us the Ruckus... It felt a bit steep...

As I wrote in the beginning. I need some advice here before I spend more than the $75 for the router.

:)

Hiatus, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Bob.A.LOU Win User

Wifi for a 1000 users

The driver no longer works with windows 10 and it appears Intel and HP don't support windows 10 with the centrino N-1000 WiFi adapater

I do pay extra for those speeds

And this was not a problem using WIFI with the using the built-in Intel WIFI Centrino N-1000

Then the Windows updates changed it so the it now only works at 1/5 the speed it did before the 1511 Update

Intel says its not supporting windows 10 with the Centrino N-1000 WhyY?

Many other MFG with WIFI adapters do not list supporting Windows 10 Why?

Windows 10 after the 1511 seems to be more interested in Data Mining user information then with providing a stable computer operating system.

This is a common thread that Windows 10 has destroyed or deminished WIFI aadapters that were working just fine before the 1511 update

The 1511 update caaused many other problems this is just one of them.

As far as I can tell User received no benedit from the 1511 update it just benefied Microsoft in data minnng user information and detroying user privacy

Bob.A.LOU, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Wifi for a 1000 users

1. Wifi for a 1000 users - Similar Threads - Wifi 1000 users

2. .Trash-1000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Trash-1000: HelloI can't delete the .Trash-1000 folder, I know this folder was created by Linux, but it's still in my drive after installing Windows 11! I want to delete this folder in Windows without having to install Linux again, but I can't find a way!I found different ways on the...
  3. .Trash-1000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .Trash-1000: HelloI can't delete the .Trash-1000 folder, I know this folder was created by Linux, but it's still in my drive after installing Windows 11! I want to delete this folder in Windows without having to install Linux again, but I can't find a way!I found different ways on the...
  4. WiFi connecting and disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connecting and disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe: I have an Asus Rog Strix G15. Operative System: Windows 10.For a long time my personal laptop has been connecting and disconnecting from the Internet randomly. After disconnecting, it takes it a time to get the connection again.Checking the Event Viewer for another thing I...
  5. WiFi connecting and disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe

WiFi connecting and disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe: I have an Asus Rog Strix G15. Operative System: Windows 10.For a long time my personal laptop has been connecting and disconnecting from the Internet randomly. After disconnecting, it takes it a time to get the connection again.Checking the Event Viewer for another thing I...
  6. WiFi connecting and disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI: Hi, I have been lurking the website for few days now trying to fix my new gaming laptop problem. The issue was spikes on the ping every 10-15 secs. It would go so high that gaming was unbearable. I tried everything, changed hardware router and modem, reinstall windows (even...
  8. Printers go Offline when on WiFi / 1000's of computers in the district

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers go Offline when on WiFi / 1000's of computers in the district: We are having this issue all over our district with printers showing offline while on WiFi... it is only while on WiFi...other people can print to the same printers if they are on the LAN. Troubleshooting steps I have done: have stopped and started the print spooler, under...
  9. Application Error 1000

Application Error 1000: [img] 72641
  10. event 1000

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event 1000: hi, I'm trying to find out way this happens could use some help? Faulting application name: microsoftedgecp.exe, version: 11.0.14393.82, time stamp: 0x57a55786 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Exception code: 0xc0000604 Fault...