Windows 10: WiFi Gets Disconnected

Discus and support WiFi Gets Disconnected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Home 64 bit on my HP pro x2 612g1 laptop. Recently I have faced wifi issues with my laptop after reinstalling the OS. My wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mahmudul Islam Shuvo, Jan 31, 2019.

1. WiFi Gets Disconnected

I am using Windows 10 Home 64 bit on my HP pro x2 612g1 laptop. Recently I have faced wifi issues with my laptop after reinstalling the OS. My wifi gets disconnect several times a day and sometimes it has a huge packet loss. I have checked on both my home and office network, the issue is the same.

I have checked with the ethernet port, and the internet works fine. I am pretty sure it's OS issue, I reinstalled windows 10, but the problem did not resolve. But in ubuntu it works fine.

Can anyone please guide me what to do?

:)

Mahmudul Islam Shuvo, Jan 31, 2019

2. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      WiFi Gets Disconnected [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. WiFi Gets Disconnected

Wifi disconnected

When My phone is within the wifi zone, it automatically disconnected with wifi after some time, all the time I have to restart the phone.

suggest the remedy.

Nimish Mehta

NimishMehta, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

WiFi Gets Disconnected

1. WiFi Gets Disconnected - Similar Threads - WiFi Gets Disconnected

2. keep getting disconnected on WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keep getting disconnected on WIFI: I can only connect to WIFI since right now I dont have cable to use. I keep getting disconnected even im just sitting right beside the modem. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-disconnected-on-wifi/cec8c687-dd97-4843-b7a5-051f63e696ff
  3. keep getting disconnected on WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keep getting disconnected on WIFI: I can only connect to WIFI since right now I dont have cable to use. I keep getting disconnected even im just sitting right beside the modem. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-disconnected-on-wifi/cec8c687-dd97-4843-b7a5-051f63e696ff
  4. keep getting disconnected on WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Getting BSOD after my WIFI gets disconnected!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD after my WIFI gets disconnected!!: I have been getting BSOD past two days.First my wifi get disconnect then after few seconds system runs into BSOD. I have updated my drivers and also tried reinstall. Even, I have done RESET without losing files. But then also I got two BSOD till now. I am attaching link to...
  6. wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode

wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode: I recently bought 14-dv0054TU HP laptop with ms windows 10 home and its wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode. I could not find any setting to make it configure to enable always. Is there any?...
  7. wifi often gets disconnected and then it gets disappeared .

wifi often gets disconnected and then it gets disappeared .: it's weird. I am having this serious issue since 5 month and haven't solved yet. my wifi was often get disconnected .everytime I connect to it. this is weird I cant work anymore on my leptop. I was looking in community.. but not a single person in this world can solve this...
  8. Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found

Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found: Hi Team, My wifi is getting disconnected again and again. It also shows 'no wifi networks found'. In actual, there are networks available. To overcome this problem, I executed Windows Network Troubleshooter and it is resolving the issue by resetting the wireless adapter...
  9. wifi getting disconnected and not working

wifi getting disconnected and not working: whenever i am playing online games like Rainbow six siege or GTA-V , my wifi is getting disconnected and its not showing any nearby wifi connection and when i check the intel WIFI adapter it's showing code-10 error and unless i reset my pc this problem is not going, plz help...
  10. WiFi keeps getting disconnected

WiFi keeps getting disconnected: hi! This problem seem to come out out of nowhere.. I have already turned off my auto update for windows since that was causing me problems BSOD with my drivers before. Now all of a sudden my internet connection seems to stop for some reason while im browsing. Also my Wifi...