Windows 10: Wifi globe icon, no connection

Discus and support Wifi globe icon, no connection in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a hp omen gaming laptop with windows 10 on it and when i try to connect with my wifi it says no connection available. The internet icon is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jasonthefish, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Wifi globe icon, no connection

I have a hp omen gaming laptop with windows 10 on it and when i try to connect with my wifi it says no connection available. The internet icon is a globe with a circle and a stripe through it. I tried to reinstall the driver and i renewed the ip adres but nothing worked so far. Does anybody have a clue on what i could do to make my wifi work again? Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/jasonthefish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jasonthefish, Jan 24, 2020
  2. DouwStyn Win User

Windows 10 wifi icon keeps changing to a globe and wont pick up my router

I'm so frigging annoyed. Wifi icon keeps changing to a globe. I restart computer and it comes back but then does not pick up my router name, but we have 2 Abdroid phones connected to the router that is connected. I an also connect if I put my phone oon hotspot,
    that appears in the list of available networks.

I have googled and searched to no avail.

DouwStyn, Jan 24, 2020
  3. DouwStyn Win User
    Globe wifi icon cannot see my network

Hi cyberspace. I'm so frustrated. I'm on holiday in South Africa and my windows 10 wifi icon is now a globe and cannot see any of my 3 network routers. Everyone else in the house can connect.

So far I have done the following.

Shut down and start.

Updated drivers.

Troubleshootin problem

Change adapter settings whichever only show ethernet network cable unplugged

Network reset

Set up new network and connect to the internet in settings

DouwStyn, Jan 24, 2020
  4. rhodesmk Win User

Wifi globe icon, no connection

WiFi Connection Issues

I'm going to tentatively say this "might" have worked. I'm connected to the hotel WiFi, but until I actually filled out the hotel's electronic form (name, room number, rewards member id) the globe was still in the task bar saying no network found. However,
    my browser automatically opened and presented that form, and as soon as I clicked "submit" the icon changed to the normal WiFi icon.

Either your plan worked, or this was a fluke, or, after the Windows update last weekend, the manner in which that icon presents itself changed and I didn't know it. At home, it's the globe and I sometimes connect (no globe, just the WiFi icon) and sometimes
    I don't (I get the globe icon). Maybe it's now the globe until full connection is made to the network? If so, it wasn't that way before.

I'm in a hotel the rest of this week. At least I've got my phone as a hot spot if I need it.

I'll mark yours as the proper response, but I'm keeping a close eye on it. Wifi globe icon, no connection :)

Thanks!

rhodesmk, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Wifi globe icon, no connection

1. Wifi globe icon, no connection - Similar Threads - Wifi globe icon

2. wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...: Im connected to the internet and it let's me get on YouTube and stuff but it shows the global sign and says no internet, secure and doesn't let me update my computer because it continues to say no internet but I can some how get on the web and search stuff and watch youtube...
  3. wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...: Im connected to the internet and it let's me get on YouTube and stuff but it shows the global sign and says no internet, secure and doesn't let me update my computer because it continues to say no internet but I can some how get on the web and search stuff and watch youtube...
  4. wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wifi Globe icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi Globe icon: So whilst i was playing a game a globe icon appeared and crashed my games, I've looked at youtube, reddit, internet on fixes yet they work for 5 minutes at most and the globe icon comes back? Does anyone know a permanent fix that will help? submitted by /u/loliuzivertical...
  6. wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...: I successfully connected my laptop to my wifi, was able to access the internet surf facebook, watch youtube, ... but the network icon in the lower right corner of the screen showed the globe and displays "no internet, secury ". Sometimes it is disconnected, then reconnect...
  7. Globe icon

Globe icon: Sorry but i don't really know that much about computers, i been having a problem with my laptop lately where my laptop stops using my wifi saying i'm conected and suddeny it changes to a globe icon I used to solve it by restarting my PC but now not even restarting it works i...
  8. Globe Icon in Taskbar

Globe Icon in Taskbar: Hello, I recently just got a PC, and there’s a globe icon on the taskbar instead of the wifi connectivity icon. When ever I press it, it takes me to ‘network and internet settings’ but then when I click ‘show available networks’, nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix...
  9. Connected to the internet via wifi but the systray icon is a globe.

Connected to the internet via wifi but the systray icon is a globe.: submitted by /u/Fake_SubZero [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/exrt7v/connected_to_the_internet_via_wifi_but_the/
  10. Globe wifi icon cannot see my network

Globe wifi icon cannot see my network: Hi cyberspace. I'm so frustrated. I'm on holiday in South Africa and my windows 10 wifi icon is now a globe and cannot see any of my 3 network routers. Everyone else in the house can connect. So far I have done the following. Shut down and start. Updated drivers....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi became globe icon