Windows 10: Wifi Hidden Network

Discus and support Wifi Hidden Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Win 10 doesn't connect to my hidden network. It shows as a Hidden Network in the available networks list and i have to select it and manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Imran_doc, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Imran_doc Win User

Wifi Hidden Network

Hi,

Win 10 doesn't connect to my hidden network. It shows as a Hidden Network in the available networks list and i have to select it and manually enter the SSiD and password each time. These are getting added to known network list with number appended such as HiNetwork, HiNetwork 2, HiNetwork 3, but again doesn't connect. Adding the network after deleting all these entries also isnt helping. Just have to enter the SSiD and the password each time!!

:)

Imran_doc, Jun 29, 2020

2. Hidden wifi

I also am seeing "Hidden Network" in my Wifi list which I never saw before:

Wifi Hidden Network [​IMG]

What really is this "Hidden Network" and what is it's purpose?? is this someone using my wifi? someone using my connection? Please explain what this is and why I am seeing this on Win 10 when I never saw a "Hidden Network" when I was using Win Vista.

Thanks!

Lin

skeefiez11, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    hidden network

Hi there, thanks for your question.

When you look at the list of available networks, the "Hidden Network" is not a particular WiFi network but instead a generic indicator to show you that there are networks in range that have hidden their SSID, or network name.

This is normal behaviour, and presents no issue for you. You can ignore the hidden networks.

Please let me know if you need further information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jun 29, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Wifi Hidden Network

Hidden wifi

Did you waited long enough?
    Did you disable/enable the wireless connection?
    It can take some time for the wireless network SSID to disappear from the network list..

Hiding a SSID should work.
    Did you try it without WPA?
    Without knowing the network name, no one else would be able to connect anyway and if you use that with a mac filter, you should be safe.

P4-630, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Hidden Network

1. Wifi Hidden Network - Similar Threads - Wifi Hidden Network

2. Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network: Hi,I have a few questions in doubts I am encountering some issues since I have a totally new router and extended mesh. Initially telco man set dual bands with same username and password. Each time I on internet a strong hidden wifi detected. I get telco in again to see any...
  3. Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network: Hi,I have a few questions in doubts I am encountering some issues since I have a totally new router and extended mesh. Initially telco man set dual bands with same username and password. Each time I on internet a strong hidden wifi detected. I get telco in again to see any...
  4. Wifi Network Not Showing Up, Hidden Network in it's place?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Not Showing Up, Hidden Network in it's place?: My home wifi network does not show up anymore on one of several devices in my home. I can see my neighbors' networks both 5 and 2.4 connections and can even see and connect to my phone hotspot, but my wifi is no longer listed, even though it shows up as normal on all other...
  5. Wifi Network Not Showing Up, Hidden Network in it's place?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Network Not Showing Up, Hidden Network in it's place?: My home wifi network does not show up anymore on one of several devices in my home. I can see my neighbors' networks both 5 and 2.4 connections and can even see and connect to my phone hotspot, but my wifi is no longer listed, even though it shows up as normal on all other...
  6. Wifi Network Not Showing Up, Hidden Network in it's place?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Hidden Wifi makes more networks

Hidden Wifi makes more networks: Every time I enter my SSID for my hidden wifi, another one pops upFor example, if my wifi is called 'Network' and if I enter the wifi's name into hidden network on windows 10, it will create a new network called 'Network 1' and it will keep going up each time I want to...
  8. WIFI/Network icon hidden from taskbar

WIFI/Network icon hidden from taskbar: I have a problem with the WIFI icon it's hidden from the taskbar which caused some apps to work and others not [ATTACH] As you can see it's hidden. [ATTACH] When I tried turn off/on the system icons solution, found the network turned on but disabled by which I cant change...
  9. Hidden Network

Hidden Network: My laptop is automatically connecting to a "hidden network". I've never used a hidden network before and have never seen it displayed before. When I uncheck the "connect automatically" box it will just go back to being checked. I am also not able to scroll up to connect to my...
  10. Hidden wifi

Hidden wifi: Hi! Does anyone of you could connect to an hidden wifi network? or it's just my laptop? Thanks 7747