Windows 10: Wifi /Hotspot Connection issue in Windows 10 64 bit Lenovo G580 model

Discus and support Wifi /Hotspot Connection issue in Windows 10 64 bit Lenovo G580 model in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear All, Actually I am facing the issue with my internet connection i.e. whenever I am trying to connect internet in my laptop through my mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by akash1akash, May 22, 2020.

1. Wifi /Hotspot Connection issue in Windows 10 64 bit Lenovo G580 model

Dear All,

Actually I am facing the issue with my internet connection i.e. whenever I am trying to connect internet in my laptop through my mobile hotspot I am getting issues.

I have Lenovo G580 model laptop with Windows 10 pro 64 bit OS installed in it.

I am sharing my mobile data to connect internet in my lenovo laptop. I am using hotspot connection to start internet in my laptop through my moblie.

Issue:-

When I am connect through hotspot it is connected but after sometimes or even after few seconds it is going to be "disconnected" also sometimes it shows "connected but no internet" error in my laptop. Furthermore sometime it also not going to do connect. It shows "can't connect to the network".

So now I am in trouble. Let me know the solution for same if anyone have any.

Solution I tried till now:-

1 Device manager - Network adapter - Uninstall driver - restart - install driver - "But it is not working"

2 Netwok Reset

3 settings - Forgot wifi/hotspot connection and then join again

4 Restart mobile device/sim/change the sim slot/change the internet settings in mobile/ restart laptop after every trial but all are failed till now.

I am facing this issue after upgrading to windows 10 before that it works properly. Also, suppose I am using USB tethering or LAN connection it works perfectly. Only whenever I am trying to connect via Hotspot & Wifi I am facing the above mentioned issues.

Let me know the solution as early as possible.

Waiting for positive reply.

Thank You.

:)

akash1akash, May 22, 2020

2. wifi hotspot connection issues

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us follow these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: You may run the Network Adapter troubleshooter to check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
    • Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
    • The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
    Once this is done, restart the PC and check the wifi hotspot connectivity.

Step 2: If the issue persists, then you may want to
    update the Network driver
    and check the status.

Step 3: You may also want to change the adapter settings.

• Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
    • Press ‘Windows key + I’ to open Settings and go to ‘Network and Internet’.
    • Scroll down the left pane and select ‘Mobile Hotspot’.
    • Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on ‘Change adapter options’.
    • Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to ‘Properties’.
    • Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 22, 2020
  3. New Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro Laptop Windows 10 - Cannot connect to Xfinity Wifi Hotspot

Hi - I'm not having this issue with any of my other devices or laptops. Only this one. I've already tried the solutions listed in the above link for Windows help. Please note that this is not a home network that I am having issues with so re-setting the
    routers, etc doesn't apply.

The problem is connecting the Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 to the Xfinity WiFi hotspot. I can connect to this Xfinity hotspot fine with my android device, my mac laptop, and my other PC laptop (all with old Windows 8.1 or older). So the Xfinity WiFi hotspot
    is working fine.

The issue is within the Lenovo Yoga Windows 10 and probably something to do with the wireless network adapter and driver. Or perhaps a pre-configured setting in Windows 10 that is not allowing the connection to the Xfinity WiFi hotspot.

To re-cap, the issue is that I can see the Xfinity WiFi pop up in my list of wireless networks, I click on it to 'Connect'. It spins for a while, but then simply states "Can't connect to this network". It doesn't give me a "limited connection" or anything.
    It simply rejects the connection. Something in Windows 10 is blocking it.

Please help.

Thank you.

mcvang0250, May 22, 2020
  4. Wifi /Hotspot Connection issue in Windows 10 64 bit Lenovo G580 model

Wifi Disconnection Issues - Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit

Let me clarify. Dell DOES NOT HAVE 64 Bit drivers, so your suggestion will not work for me. Dell has 32 bit drivers which they claim will work on 64 bit machines.

Also, when the Win 10 upgrade is finished, I have no internet access (e.g. Ethernet or WIF).

To confirm your instructions, here's the order of operation

1)download 64 bit drivers. Save to location such as desktop.

2)Upgrade to Win10 (while I still have internet connectivity)

3)At Win 10 desktop (no internet connectivity), deinstall WIFI driver

4)At Win 10 desktop, using COMPATIBILITY MODE, install drivers (saved to desktop in step 1).

This should restore my connection to the internet and allow me to complete the WIN10 install?

LeslieSchumacher, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Wifi /Hotspot Connection issue in Windows 10 64 bit Lenovo G580 model

1. Wifi /Hotspot Connection issue in Windows 10 64 bit Lenovo G580 model - Similar Threads - Wifi Hotspot Connection

2. Can't Boot From USB on Lenovo 100s the 64 bit 14 model

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Boot From USB on Lenovo 100s the 64 bit 14 model: Hello!I'm trying to boot from a USB to install a lightweight Linux distro on this old Lenovo 100s 14 that had Windows 11 forced on it even though it wasn't capable of handling it, but I can't get the computer to boot from the USB drive.I've tried:Booting into the BIOS from...
  3. Can't Boot From USB on Lenovo 100s the 64 bit 14 model

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Boot From USB on Lenovo 100s the 64 bit 14 model: Hello!I'm trying to boot from a USB to install a lightweight Linux distro on this old Lenovo 100s 14 that had Windows 11 forced on it even though it wasn't capable of handling it, but I can't get the computer to boot from the USB drive.I've tried:Booting into the BIOS from...
  4. Lenovo G580 Wifi suddenly stop working after some minutes of connecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo G580 Wifi suddenly stop working after some minutes of connecting.: Hi All I have upgraded my Lenovo G580 with Orginal windows 10 Home Edition and these days Wifi is not working properly.When i start the system it will show and i will connect after some time it will suddenly dont show any connection just it will show wifi Turned off and...
  5. Wi fi Issue on Lenovo Yoga Laptop with Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi fi Issue on Lenovo Yoga Laptop with Windows 10 64 bit: I had issues related to the Blue screen coming after I went on the upgraded Windows 10. I was well advised in this forum to downgrade by wifi driver which I did. The link to this issue is in...
  6. Wifi Hotspot connectivity

Wifi Hotspot connectivity: I'm able to connect to the internet in my laptop from my phone hotspot using SIM1, but when trying to connect to internet using SIM2, its showing connected, but no internet. So how can i get access to the network using SIM2 in the laptop Wifi? is it an adapter issue?...
  7. Lenovo G580 and windows 10 Wifi suddenly stop working after 2 min of connecting.

Lenovo G580 and windows 10 Wifi suddenly stop working after 2 min of connecting.: Hi Team, I have upgraded my lenovo G580 laptopto win10. Wifi is not working properly.When i start the system it will show and i will connect after some time it will suddenly dont show any connection just it will show wifi Turned off and Turn Wifi Back on Manually.But...
  8. wifi hotspot connection issues

wifi hotspot connection issues: my issue is with the WiFi hotspot connectivity, other devices say its has IP address configuration failure when they try to connect to my pc hotspot how can I solve this issue correctly...
  9. WINDOW 10 64 Bit Drivers for LENOVO G500

WINDOW 10 64 Bit Drivers for LENOVO G500: The Current configuration of my laptop is LENOVO G500, WINDOW 7 Ultimate 32 Bit Processor: Intel (R) core (TM) i5-3230M L: CPU@2.60 GHz 2.60GHz Ram 4 GB Hi I Want to Install the Window 10 1607 English x64 On my LENOVO LAPTOP G500. Problem is Lenovo till Now, not released...
  10. Windows hotkeys not working on Lenovo G580 Notebook (Windows 10).

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hotkeys not working on Lenovo G580 Notebook (Windows 10).: Hello. I have a Lenovo G580 Notebook with Windows 10 installed. The issue is that the Windows hotkeys, that is Windows key and other letter combinations, aren't working. For example, normally, if I press Windows key + I, then the Settings app should open up or if I press...