Windows 10: Wifi Hotspot loses internet connexion after a while

Discus and support Wifi Hotspot loses internet connexion after a while in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, My laptop is on Windows 10 Version10.0.19042 Build 19042. So due to weak wifi in my dorm, I have to constantly use the laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Le Quan Ngo, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Wifi Hotspot loses internet connexion after a while

Hello all,

My laptop is on Windows 10 Version10.0.19042 Build 19042.

So due to weak wifi in my dorm, I have to constantly use the laptop with ethernet as a wifi provider. In that way I always have wifi in my room.

The problem is that everytime I turn on Wifi hotspot then get my phone or my ipad connected, there is no internet connexion, or sometimes really weak, after like 2 minutes. The wifi from my laptop is always there, full signal on the phone but it simply doesnt have any more internet connexion.

Moreover, if I turn off wifi hotspot and then turn it back on, it works well like nothing happening and again after 2 minutes, it loses internet.

I tried reinstall wifi drivers but it doesnt fix anything so I come to you for help.

Thank you guys so much !

:)

Le Quan Ngo, Nov 29, 2020

2. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Nov 29, 2020
  3. best way to use laptop internet as hotspot?

Hello,

My wifi router isnt working rightnow but internet is working by lan cable in laptop directly.

How can i use my laptop as wifi hotspot and use wifi in my mobile phone?

thx.

freebird_9924, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Wifi Hotspot loses internet connexion after a while

WiFi hotspot with no internet

I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature.

Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's because there's no internet connection to share. I'm not trying to share an internet connection, I just want some local devices to be on the same WiFi network.

I know it works, because if I briefly connect the Windows 10 device to a smartphone WiFi hotspot (And I have to enable data on the phone !?$.&#&!!! darn it!!?) I can then turn on the Windows 10 hotspot then disconnect from the phone.

Then I can use the windows 10 wifi hotspot and connect other devices to it. "There's no internet connection to share, but your mobile hotspot is still on".

I don't have a clue why anyone thinks a wifi hotspot is just about "sharing an internet connection."

Is there some way I can enable the hotspot without the ridiculous demand I connect to the internet in order to switch it on?

( (J(R)C) ), Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Hotspot loses internet connexion after a while

1. Wifi Hotspot loses internet connexion after a while - Similar Threads - Wifi Hotspot loses

2. Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection: Hi,Asus GL702VI laptop running Windows 10 version 21H1. Internal network adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. External network adapter is a USB Alfa AWUS036ACH paired with 2 x Alfa 9 dbi antennas. I'm currently working remotely and having to use a cousin's internet...
  3. Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection: Hi,Asus GL702VI laptop running Windows 10 version 21H1. Internal network adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. External network adapter is a USB Alfa AWUS036ACH paired with 2 x Alfa 9 dbi antennas. I'm currently working remotely and having to use a cousin's internet...
  4. Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi loses internet connection after a while

Wifi loses internet connection after a while: My laptop has Windows 10. So due to poor wifi connection in my bedroom, I have to constantly use laptop with ethernet as wifi provider. That way I always have Wi-Fi in my room. The problem is that every time I turn on the Wifi access point and then connect my phone, there is...
  6. WiFi hotspot with no internet

WiFi hotspot with no internet: WiFi hotspot with no internet I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature. Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's...
  7. WiFi hotspot with no internet

WiFi hotspot with no internet: I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature. Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's because there's no internet...
  8. Losing internet connection while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Losing internet connection while updating: While visiting my friend my laptop suddenly started to update. It was updating for 1 hour, and then i went home. I didn't turn it off,i just closed the screen. When i opened it at home it was still running. As of now it is still on 20%, with none of the announced restarts...
  9. baidu wifi hotspot internet connection

baidu wifi hotspot internet connection: baidu wifi hotspot internet connection windows 10 i have turn on inbuilt hotspot first before it works. please any help? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/baidu-wifi-hotspot-internet-connection/512c6e59-57d0-4e95-aa06-9444cf276483
  10. No internet / wifi from hotspot

No internet / wifi from hotspot: So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet...