Windows 10: Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN

Discus and support Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Was working fine, devices could connect no problem. Then it stopped....devices could see the hotspot but could not connect. From a suggestion, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matt2020, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Matt2020 Win User

Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN

Was working fine, devices could connect no problem. Then it stopped....devices could see the hotspot but could not connect. From a suggestion, I completely removed AVS security and hotspot started working fine. Now out of the blue stopped working again (I did not reinstall AVS )

Could it be setting in defender or ????????

:)

Matt2020, Apr 29, 2020

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Sforzand0 Win User
    PC stops recognising wifi hotspot

I use a mobile wifi hotspot device for internet, and also sometimes as a back up I use my phone's wifi hotspot. I can usually connect these wirelessly to my HP desktop all-in-one computer, which is running Windows 10.

However, sometimes the internet will be working fine, and then all of a sudden the internet will become unavailable, and the wifi hotspot device will drop off the list of internet servers. Also if I try to connect my phone's internet at this time it won't
    pick up my phone's internet either. In fact, sometimes it won't even list any of the neighbours' wifi either (there's usually four or five). To get it working again I have to restart the computer.

I suspect it is to do with the computer, not the wifi devices (because when it happens, no wifi devices will work, and restarting the computer fixes it).

Any help appreciated.

Sforzand0, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN

Wifi Hotspot Not Working

Hi Julian,

Outdated drivers can be a possible reason why your WiFi Hotspot is not working properly in Windows 10. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest
    setting your computer to update your drivers automatically. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN

1. Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN - Similar Threads - Wifi hotspot stopped

2. Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again: ok so my laptop was lagging so I decided to do a reset, but after the reset the wifi completely disappeared, now I tried most of the ways such as troubleshooting and disabling and re-enabling, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, but the update is not doable because...
  3. Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again: ok so my laptop was lagging so I decided to do a reset, but after the reset the wifi completely disappeared, now I tried most of the ways such as troubleshooting and disabling and re-enabling, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, but the update is not doable because...
  4. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  5. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  6. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

7. wifi hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi hotspot not working: my wifi properties /sharing/home network connection/ is only showing one option which is ethernet. .y cant i get any other options to choose from//?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-not-working/1012b8c4-fa2b-4404-ab83-fa3d2941c418
  8. wifi hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi hotspot not working: my wifi properties /sharing/home network connection/ is only showing one option which is ethernet. .y cant i get any other options to choose from//?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-not-working/1012b8c4-fa2b-4404-ab83-fa3d2941c418
  9. wifi hotspot not working

10. Hotspot wifi not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotspot wifi not working: Hi, It has been a few months since I can't use my laptop as a mobile hotspot, and the last Windows update didn't fix it. When I try to share either Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection, no one can't connect to the Wi-Fi. I tested with android and iPhone devices and none of the...