Windows 10: WiFi hotspot with no internet

Discus and support WiFi hotspot with no internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature. Without an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ( (J(R)C) ), Dec 5, 2019.

1. WiFi hotspot with no internet

I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature.

Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's because there's no internet connection to share. I'm not trying to share an internet connection, I just want some local devices to be on the same WiFi network.

I know it works, because if I briefly connect the Windows 10 device to a smartphone WiFi hotspot (And I have to enable data on the phone !?$.&#&!!! darn it!!?) I can then turn on the Windows 10 hotspot then disconnect from the phone.

Then I can use the windows 10 wifi hotspot and connect other devices to it. "There's no internet connection to share, but your mobile hotspot is still on".

I don't have a clue why anyone thinks a wifi hotspot is just about "sharing an internet connection."

Is there some way I can enable the hotspot without the ridiculous demand I connect to the internet in order to switch it on?

:)

( (J(R)C) ), Dec 5, 2019

2. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Dec 5, 2019
  3. best way to use laptop internet as hotspot?

Hello,

My wifi router isnt working rightnow but internet is working by lan cable in laptop directly.

How can i use my laptop as wifi hotspot and use wifi in my mobile phone?

thx.

freebird_9924, Dec 5, 2019
  4. hat1324 Win User

WiFi hotspot with no internet

Extend Range of ASUS Wifi GO Hotspot?

I'm using a cheap Blurex repeater, It detects and uses the signal from my motherboard, but broadcasts a signal with no internet connectivity.

The thing works fine with normal Wifi, so what's different about the motherboard's hotspot?

hat1324, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

WiFi hotspot with no internet

1. WiFi hotspot with no internet - Similar Threads - WiFi hotspot internet

2. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  3. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  4. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WiFi hotspot with no internet

WiFi hotspot with no internet: WiFi hotspot with no internet I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature. Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's...
  6. Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet

Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet: I can connect my tablet to the laptop WIFI hotspot. However I cannot connect to the internet because it says that there is no internet. I checked the issue with another tablet with the same result...
  7. baidu wifi hotspot internet connection

baidu wifi hotspot internet connection: baidu wifi hotspot internet connection windows 10 i have turn on inbuilt hotspot first before it works. please any help? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/baidu-wifi-hotspot-internet-connection/512c6e59-57d0-4e95-aa06-9444cf276483
  8. Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot

Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot: I have setup a WiFi Hotspot with MyPublicWiFi. Allowed Sharing in Local Area Connection *2. Everything seems to be in order as the Screenshot shows. But when I try to connect a mobile it gets connected to "MyPublicWiFi", no internet sharing from the USB Modem. I am on Windows...
  9. No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot)

No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot): When I use wifi on my PC to connect to my router/modem, internet works fine. But when I connect to my Android phone's access point (tethering) I don't get internet access. You might think it's a problem with the Android phone, but other Android devices can connect to it and...
  10. No internet / wifi from hotspot

No internet / wifi from hotspot: So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet...