Windows 10: wifi hotspot

Discus and support wifi hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i tried to create a wifi hotspot in window 10, so i used command prompt but after creating it is notworking and showing that the group or resource is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by muhammad Asif, May 12, 2016.

1. wifi hotspot

i tried to create a wifi hotspot in window 10, so i used command prompt but after creating it is notworking and showing that the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the request, then i installed a wifi hotspot software but that's also not running and showing an error : no wireless LAN adapter

plz help me to solve this issue.

:)

muhammad Asif, May 12, 2016
  2. ChrisUWS Win User

Unable to share WiFi with Virtual Network Hotspot ?

I created a virtual hotspot and wanted to connect it to my Wifi. But when I go to my Wifi in the network settings, click properties and try to sharing the Wifi, I have no option to share it to my hotspot. Is there a reason that I'm unable to share my Wifi
    to my virtual hotspot?

ChrisUWS, May 12, 2016
  3. WIFI CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS

THANKS FOR REPLYING .
    I did that but still lumia 720 dosen't detect any normal wifi network set up on laptop . Although it detects WIFI HOTSPOTS ! BUT EVEN IF IT DETECTS WIFI HOTSPOTS , STILL IT IS NOT ABLE TO ESTABLISH A SUCCESSFUL CONNECTION WITH IT . Is it something like
    lumia 720 only detects WIFI HOTSPOTS ?

GAUTAM MENON, May 12, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

wifi hotspot

Did you check to make sure your WiFi card supports it.

Run this command to find out if it supports Hosted Network, If it says yes then it should work. What commands did you use.
    Code: NETSH WLAN show drivers[/quote]
    wifi hotspot [​IMG]

I had good results with HostedNetworkStarter from Nirsoft

sml156, May 12, 2016
  5. wifi hotspot [​IMG]

I had good results with HostedNetworkStarter from Nirsoft[/quote]

I checked the drivers,
    hosted network=No but before when I was using window 8/8.1 OS then it was "yes" but now I don't know why and how it's changed. I did not check before your reply because I was sure about this.

tanks for reply.

muhammad Asif, May 13, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    I would uninstall the drivers Win 10 installed and try to install the 8.1 drivers. Or go to the manufacturers website and see if they have updated drivers.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

wifi hotspot

1. wifi hotspot - Similar Threads - wifi hotspot

2. Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot on windows 11?: Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot ON windows 11?I am using Asus TUF f17 with windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-wifi-automatically-turns-on-when-we-turn/09a4f160-2a65-4505-bd24-f3f666959bec
  3. Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot on windows 11?: Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot ON windows 11?I am using Asus TUF f17 with windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-wifi-automatically-turns-on-when-we-turn/09a4f160-2a65-4505-bd24-f3f666959bec
  4. Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...: I wanted to hotspot my wifi with a usb wifi adapter, but when I installed the driver for it and restarted my computer, the hotspot broke. Well, I can still choose which wifi adapter I want to use and I can still enable hotspot but for some reason the option to choose the...
  5. Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...

Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...: I wanted to hotspot my wifi with a usb wifi adapter, but when I installed the driver for it and restarted my computer, the hotspot broke. Well, I can still choose which wifi adapter I want to use and I can still enable hotspot but for some reason the option to choose the...
  6. Not able to connect using LAN, Wifi and monile Hotspot in my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect using LAN, Wifi and monile Hotspot in my Laptop: Hello Support Team,I have having HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC installed with Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit and suddenly stopped connecting to any network. I am trying to connect with LAN Cable/Wifi and Mobile Hotspot but in all the cases it does not connect. I applied...
  7. Not able to connect using LAN, Wifi and monile Hotspot in my Laptop

Not able to connect using LAN, Wifi and monile Hotspot in my Laptop: Hello Support Team,I have having HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC installed with Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit and suddenly stopped connecting to any network. I am trying to connect with LAN Cable/Wifi and Mobile Hotspot but in all the cases it does not connect. I applied...
  8. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it: Hi,I've followed the very easy instructions on how to setup a WiFi hotspot from my Surface Pro running Windows 10 but my iPhone 13 running iOS version 17.0.2 won't connect to it. All I get is the spinning logo.I can connect to the 'normal' WiFi from my router with my iPhone...
  9. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it: Hi,I've followed the very easy instructions on how to setup a WiFi hotspot from my Surface Pro running Windows 10 but my iPhone 13 running iOS version 17.0.2 won't connect to it. All I get is the spinning logo.I can connect to the 'normal' WiFi from my router with my iPhone...
  10. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it