Windows 10: wifi hotspot

Discus and support wifi hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi ive got a problem with my hp g60 laptop ,I cant turn my wifi hotspot on ,it keeps saying ,unable to turn wifi hotspot on ,,,, need help ,,,,how do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gez-09, Jul 18, 2018.

1. gez-09 Win User

wifi hotspot

hi ive got a problem with my hp g60 laptop ,I cant turn my wifi hotspot on ,it keeps saying ,unable to turn wifi hotspot on ,,,, need help ,,,,how do you fix this and ive downloaded the wireless drivers twice ,still didn't work

:)

gez-09, Jul 18, 2018

2. WiFi Hotspot

How can I use my Windows 10 PC, as a WiFi Hotspot

I need step by step instructions , please.

HelenaKriel, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

wifi hotspot [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

wifi hotspot [​IMG]

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

wifi hotspot [​IMG]

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Jul 18, 2018
  4. bro67 Win User

wifi hotspot

bro67, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

wifi hotspot

1. wifi hotspot - Similar Threads - wifi hotspot

2. Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot on windows 11?: Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot ON windows 11?I am using Asus TUF f17 with windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-wifi-automatically-turns-on-when-we-turn/09a4f160-2a65-4505-bd24-f3f666959bec
  3. Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot on windows 11?: Does the wifi automatically turns ON when we turn on the Hotspot ON windows 11?I am using Asus TUF f17 with windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-wifi-automatically-turns-on-when-we-turn/09a4f160-2a65-4505-bd24-f3f666959bec
  4. Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...: I wanted to hotspot my wifi with a usb wifi adapter, but when I installed the driver for it and restarted my computer, the hotspot broke. Well, I can still choose which wifi adapter I want to use and I can still enable hotspot but for some reason the option to choose the...
  5. Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...

Can you not use the hotspot with 2 wifi adapter, one connected to my wifi and the other one...: I wanted to hotspot my wifi with a usb wifi adapter, but when I installed the driver for it and restarted my computer, the hotspot broke. Well, I can still choose which wifi adapter I want to use and I can still enable hotspot but for some reason the option to choose the...
  6. Not able to connect using LAN, Wifi and monile Hotspot in my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect using LAN, Wifi and monile Hotspot in my Laptop: Hello Support Team,I have having HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC installed with Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit and suddenly stopped connecting to any network. I am trying to connect with LAN Cable/Wifi and Mobile Hotspot but in all the cases it does not connect. I applied...
  7. Not able to connect using LAN, Wifi and monile Hotspot in my Laptop

Not able to connect using LAN, Wifi and monile Hotspot in my Laptop: Hello Support Team,I have having HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC installed with Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit and suddenly stopped connecting to any network. I am trying to connect with LAN Cable/Wifi and Mobile Hotspot but in all the cases it does not connect. I applied...
  8. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it: Hi,I've followed the very easy instructions on how to setup a WiFi hotspot from my Surface Pro running Windows 10 but my iPhone 13 running iOS version 17.0.2 won't connect to it. All I get is the spinning logo.I can connect to the 'normal' WiFi from my router with my iPhone...
  9. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it: Hi,I've followed the very easy instructions on how to setup a WiFi hotspot from my Surface Pro running Windows 10 but my iPhone 13 running iOS version 17.0.2 won't connect to it. All I get is the spinning logo.I can connect to the 'normal' WiFi from my router with my iPhone...
  10. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it